“Like a private palace”

Ranked #19 of 1,146 Hotels in Istanbul
London, United Kingdom
“Like a private palace”
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We can only add our voices to the chorus of praise for this amazing hotel. An oasis of tranquillity and calm in the city, the rooms, food and service are absolutely outstanding. The staff were so helpful and efficient, but in a relaxed, friendly way and we really enjoyed chatting to them about their lives, work and travels. At times we felt we weren't in a hotel at all but in a private palace.

One example. As my wife suffers from osteoarthritis she found the bed on our first night too hard. Once we discussed this with reception they called executive housekeeper Hasan, who in just half an hour had a new soft mattress brought down from another room, and my wife slept blissfully for the rest of our stay.

Congratulations to everyone who works at the Four Seasons for making it such a wonderful deluxe hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BasilSeal
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 22 May 2012
Dear BasilSeal,

My name is Felix Murillo, I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I have to tell you that I feel blessed for many things in my life and one of them is to be so lucky to work with Hasan. I am so thankful to you that noticed Hasan´s and his team genuine concern for the well being of every guest.

Thank you BasilSeal, for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Hotel.

If I may ever be of any assistance please let me know. Here is my direct email address: felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Felix

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Georgia
Reviewed 15 May 2012

From the moment we entered the hotel we knew it was a special place. Hotel staff can make or break your opinion of a hotel and this group was superb!!. An interior room wasn't ready when we arrived so we opted for an street facing one...they came to us later that afternoon wanting to have a porter move all our things for us to an interior room, just wanting us to be happy, but we actually enjoyed looking out at the activity outside. So nice they would remember! Loved the garden area!! So peaceful. The restaurant was lovely. The sommelier was the best however! We had some fantastic Turkish wine in the restaurant and he went above and beyond to help us buy some in the city to take on our upcoming cruise. Just a warm and beautiful hotel in every way! A must for anyone staying in the old city.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 17 May 2012
Dear day1,

My name is Felix Murillo. I am the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Thank you very much for your review. It was very nice that you took the time to note the genuine concern of the employees. It makes me feel great! With your permission I would like to share it with the team.

If I ever may be of any assistance please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 11 May 2012

From the moment our driver picked us up at the airport to the minute we checked out this hotel was AMAZING!!! The attention to detail was impeccable. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. Every day a new treat was delivered to the room for our tasting - what a nice touch. The hotel is steps away from the "must see" sights of Istanbul. Our concierge was wonderful and every recommendation was perfect! We were graciously welcomed back every time we walked through the front door; it is amazing how the doormen just know every face who is staying at the hotel!! The gym is great and the massage in the spa is a true treat!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Dear Boxwatch,

I am Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

I can only be so gratefull to you. To have taken the time to write nice things about the team.

Please let me know ıf I may ever be of assistance at any time. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2012

There is a way to pause and tell one's self that this moment is real, and to remember the great joy of it in the future. That is how I feel about my stay at the Four Seasons in Istanbul. From the tuberose in a small glass vase on the bureau to the massage in the spa downstairs, every moment was luxurious.

The rooms were as clean as humanly possible - the proximity to the wonders of the world - hearing the call to prayer at 5:00ish in the morning - it was a total package of good fortune. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of everything you need to make a visit to Istanbul complete.

The hotel staff are gracious and available. Food is as delicious as fresh cherry juice was each morning for breakfast.

I am still grateful for the many dimensions of my experience in Istanbul.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Muriel302,

This is Felix Murillo, the General Manager of the Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet.

Wow! Your review is very special! I feel so honoured to read it. I really can´t wait to share it with the team. Thank you very much.

I would love to be of any assistance to you at any time in the future, my direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours Cordailly,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

When we were planning our anniversary weekend in Istanbul we dismissed the Four Seasons Sultanahmet as beyond our budget and ignored friends advise to stay here. So we settled for another highly rated, trendy 5-star hotel.

But on arrival we realised it was a big mistake. The hotel we booked did not live up to the description and reviews so we called Four Seasons. We were lucky enough they had availability due to cancellation.

This was the best decision we made. We left the other hotel as soon as we can and we checked in at the FS. As expected of the Four Seasons brand the service and the property were exceptional at every level. They even gave us a beautiful suite for the price of a deluxe room when we told them it's our anniversary! So in the end we have the best value for our money.

The hotel is in the best location to enjoy the must-see places in Istanbul. It's an oasis sorrounded by historical places. Enjoy looking at the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque in the hotel balcony and the quality of food in the hotel restaurant is fantastic.

We will definitely come back to Istanbul and will again stay in the Four Seasons. T

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank jlo2168
FelixMurillo, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Istanbul at Sultanahmet, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Dear jlo2168,

Thank you very much for your kind review. For taking the time to write your experience. I am so happy to hear that we took good care of you.

Please jlo2168 if I ever may be of any assistance whether in Istanbul or within Four Seasons please let me know. My direct email address is felix.murillo@fourseasons.com.

Yours cordially,

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 4 May 2012

If looking to base yourself out of Sultanahmet this is the hotel. Attentive unobtrusive service as well as a great resturaunt serving regional Turkish dishes (the cuisine of Hatay was featured by way of a special menu and was excellent and different) besides the traditional, I highly recommend the anchovies. Rooms are silent, the inner courtyard was filled with tulips and the staff helpful. One underappreciated feature is that the right hand turn out of the hotel to the Topkapi Placae, Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia takes you through a quiet areathat is mercifully free of vendors and carpet salesmen.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better for those with disabilities as there are a couple of short stairs that break...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in April as part of a birthday celebration. From the limo pick-up at the airport to the speedy check-in, helpful tips from our chauffeur (he even called the hotel ahead to book a dervish show for us for the same evening!), every member of staff we encountered were a delight to deal with. The location is superb, steps from the blue mosque and Haga sophiya and a short walk to the grand bazaar and great restaurants all around. They even surprised us with a birthday cake as soon as we arrived :) The rooms were outstanding, we had a courtyard view, the buffet breakfast was classy and served in the courtyard. Go ahead and splurge, you will not regret staying at this perfect hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple