1,376 results
All reviews agatha christie orient express golden horn historical hotel greta garbo agatha restaurant ernest hemingway modern turkey original elevator turn down service luxury hotel marble bathroom small balcony public areas pierre loti pillow menu istiklal street
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Mehmet, Esma and Yakup, you were marvelous. You prepared a cake for my fiance, like a family.
The place is really beautiful, good location and nice food. Bravo for the red wine, we are french so we know it.
Recommand !

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

It is our sincere pleasure to extend our gratitude for your positive and enthusiastic feedback. We are happy to learn that you had a great experience while you visited our hotel property and that you found our location and food to be nice.

I shared your kind words with Mr. Mehmet, Ms. Esma and Mr. Yakup, and they are very pleased to know that their service is higly appreciated by you.

Hope to welcome you back to Pera Palace Hotel, the Pearl of Istanbul, very soon.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Of course, everybody wants to go to stay at the Pera Palace just like Agatha Christie don't they ? The hotel is about three minutes walk from the Metro - Sishane (up the hill opposite the hotel) and a stone's throw from a little shop for tea, milk etc.
We booked a studio room there which looked out over the dual carriageway (I bet it didn't originally) but the double glazing was excellent and you couldn't hear the traffic. We were greeted by the hotel staff and shown where all the facilities were in the hotel which was a nice touch.There are two lifts; one does the lower floors only leaving the single lift to support the normal traffic. Because of the size of the hotel, it wasn't a problem (not like some hotels where we've waited ages..I shall mention no names), The room was spacious and elegant with a wing chair and stool, a spacious, comfy King-size bed, a massive wardrobe and a good sized bathroom with shower, slipper style bath and the usual amenities. The good thing about the shower is that you don't get that steamy room effect when you've showered (that some people - no names mentioned- can't stand). The air conditioning was efficient and quiet. . There was a minibar and safe and (nice touch) and umbrella - just in case. The room has a natty light system for 'do not disturb' and 'please make my room up'. Only downside for some people is the cost of the TV which is Euro25. Not for us - we read books.
There is a terrace on the ground floor for the smokers amongst us though this could be rather chilly and wet, in winter.
We eat at the hotel four times and had a varied selection of food from squid ink pasta to a kebab (with a really hot chilli! I guessed it wouldn't be hot because chillies served outside Indian and Mexican restaurants are usually quite mild but this one, I am pleased to say. had bite!) Oh, and there's a cake shop attached - very classy.
Every afternoon you can take tea just as they would have.
Breakfast was downstairs (in the Agatha Christie Restaurant - natch ) and had a wide selection of food and you could get eggs prepared for you (scrambled, omelette, fried) as you liked. There was home made Yoghurt and a wide selection of honeys, fruit, cheese, cakes, tapenades, olives, hot food - you name it.
I have to say, I found this hotel charming and it evoked the era of grand travelling on the Orient Express. The Staff were very attentive and helpful.
I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are big
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time in sharing such detailed feedback during your stay here at the Pera Palace Hotel. I don't find words enough to express my gratitude for your kind words.

We were delighted to read that you were overall impressed by the facilities of our hotel and the quality of services provided during your stay with us. It is truly encouraging to know that our efforts to bring about constant improvements in our services and facilities creates a positive experience for our guests. I look forward to sharing your kind comments with the entire team, as I know that your words will make everyone incredibly proud.

I wish you many healthy days and look forward to welcoming you back to Pera Palace Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. The history and beauty of it is really worth it. They have the oldest elevator in the world, amazing decor inside, really comfortable beds and impeccable service from all the staff. Close to shopping, good dining and transit to tourist sites.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VancouverCYoung

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting such a positive review on TripAdvisor, following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel.

I am particularly pleased that you found the hotel and the services to be exceptional. It is good to know that our location provided such added value for you and that you enjoyed the history of our hotel.

Once again, thank you very much for your kind words. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Pera Palace Hotel, hopefully in the very near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

This is a hotel full of history and every corner has a story to tell. The hotel not only has history you can see, it is full of history you can smell. There is a dysfunctional and disgusting design in the bathroom, the bathtub is separately located in a glassroom. This design is doomed to fail. You can smell the bathing history of the previous occupant.

Location wise, although it is not located in the historic centre, the location is not bad with many good restaurants nearby.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Pera Palace Hotel, the pearl of Istanbul.

I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed our heritage building, its history and its location. I was however concerned to learn that you found the bathroom not in the line with luxury standards. Please rest assured that we took your comments on the board so that we can improve the quality and the service we provide.

We always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and make their experience memorable and special. Please feel free to reach out to me directly whenever your travel plans brings you back to Istanbul.

Reviewed October 3, 2018

It is one of the first hotels build in Istanbul when Istanbul-Paris railroad opened. Amazing renovation and great staff. Hotel has an old world feel. You feel like a celebrity staying there. Location is close to Beyoglu where there are tons of attractions. Also 5 min walking distance to Galata (old Jewish Neighbourhood). I stayed there for 1 month with my girlfriend and we enjoyed every moment of it. Breakfast is nice. Great way to experience old Istanbul.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
MuratEti, Genel Müdür at Pera Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay here at the Pera Palace Hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you have enjoyed our property and described the service as “Great staff and enjoyable every moment”. Providing the finest service, taking care of our guests and preserving the nostalgia and finesse of a bygone era are our highest mission.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome and serve you here once again in the near future.

Genel Müdür