All reviews golden horn blue mosque hagia sophia grand bazaar top floor deluxe room ottoman style rooftop restaurant walking distance excellent location old town tram station sultan ahmet special thanks marmara sea very nice hotel major attractions
Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I’ve just moved out of this hotel to Seven Hills Hotel in the same area and I am extremely happy about this choice. The Deluxe Golden Horn hotel has a great location and views, especially the restaurant with the fantastic view over the blue mosque. Nonetheless the staff members during daytime are not professional at all and not even friendly. Mostly they are busy with their smartphones, don’t pay attention to guests and once they just hang up the phone after I asked to clean the room without saying goodbye. The guys we met when we checked in at midnight were brilliant. Professional, friendly, attentive and helpful. The Mattress in the room was very hard but balcony and facilities brilliant.

One more thing I have to mention. When we checked out no one even offered help with the luggage, not that I’m not capable of managing that but compared to the new hotel Seven Hills the staff at the deluxe golden horn hotel just have no clue about customer service.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2018

Location ,location , location - 5min Walk from the tramstation , Blue Mosque , Hagia Sofia , Hippodrome , 10min walk to Grand Bazaar . Take the tram to any part of Istanbul its that easy ! . Staff - very friendly and helpful . Ambience - we stayed in Jan so prices were low - small room but very clean and well maintained . Its Ottoman style so even the lobby looks like its out of the 1950's . Charming . Food - breakfast i believe anywhere in Istanbul hotels is the same - so very functional eggs , cold cuts , fruit , there is no hot food - not sure if thats a european thing ! but manageable . Cleanliness - very clean and well maintained great rooftop terrace with views of the Blue Mosque and the sea . Nothing to complain about - cant beat location .

Room Tip: top floors facing the blue mosque are the best .
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Great views and in the best location. Walking distance to the Hagia Sophia, the Blue Mosque and the Grand Bazaar. Very delicious breakfast buffet giving you the fuel you need for your walking day. The staff were the best. Very kind and genuinally nice people especially Adnan in reception and Huda in roof top restaurant. And all this without breaking the bank. If in Istanbul you simply must stay here.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2018

+ The location is near to most historical places.
+ Walkable distance to tram station "Sultanahmet".
+ View from room 410 is excellent.
+ Breakfast in restaurant with the view is perfect.
the bad things:
- Room cleanliness.
- Staff were friendly but not enough for a 4 star hotel staff.
- No early Check in even when i mentioned my flight will be early morning.
- I read about the attitude of the reception team, so i was not surprised by the tough attitude.
- Full payment upon check in.

Room Tip: + View from room 410 is excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

In the morning they told us that the parking lot is behind the hotel, then, in the evening, the employee started to yell at us that I was no longer allowed to park there, and that I had to do what he said because he is the manager of the hotel and he doesn’t care how much money I paid to them. It seems like the manager is someone else and the one who pretended to be the manager was a simple employee. When we arrived we spoke with an employee to help us with the luggages after we see the rooms. He disappeared and we had to take the luggages by ourselves. I think here you find the worst services in Istanbul. I don’t recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple