“Excellent Hotel with really helpful staff, thank u Historia:-)))”
Review of Historia Hotel

Historia Hotel
Ranked #138 of 1,160 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 12 April 2012

The location of the hotel is great, 5 minutes walk to all the most important places to visit.We stayed there 7 days in March 2012 . Staff in Historia Hotel were wonderfully helpful & very friendly....
We had very comfortable and clean room with wonderful view...
The breakfast was excellent and the service faultless.
I would like to thank:Mr Onur,Vedat Ortekin,Muhammed Ancu and Mehmet...
We miss u...
Would be happy to stay again.
leyla from Iran(tehran)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Leyla S
HistoriaHotel, Owner at Historia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2012

Dear Leyla

Thank you very much for sharing your reviews with everyone.
We as "Historia Family", would be happy to host you again in our hotel.
Your positive review will give us more energy to serve better than before.

With our warmest Regards

Onur S.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Set in the heart of the old city amongst all the main attractions, location is not the only plus this great little hotel has to offer. The staff go above and beyond to be helpful and are always ready with a smile. An example; after an exhausting bus journey from Bulgaria, I arrived just before 7am. They welcomed me with tea in the lobby and breakfast at 7.30, although check-in is not until 13.30, they rushed to get my room ready for me and I was fast asleep in a clean, comfortable and spacious room by 10.30am. After waking fairly late in the day, they then went out to get me take-out delivered to my room as room-service. You really couldn't ask for more. As a lone traveller, I was always made to feel welcome by the other guests and the breakfast room was chatty with who had seen what the day before. All the main attractions are within walking distance avoiding the need for expensive taxi rides. A real mix of nationalities stay at this hotel, so you are bound to bump into some interesting people. I couldn't recommend it more 10/10.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cristina h
HistoriaHotel, Owner at Historia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Dear Cristina

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel.
You are always welcome to our hotel.
Hope to host you again

Kindest Regards

Onur S.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

perfect location. we stayed there for two nights. the place was quite. breakfast was good. i was surprised from the staff. there were really friendly and helped us as much as possible.

Room Tip: you should prefer rooms with view in vosporus
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kostasgrn
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Very nice and beautiful hotel located near to Sultanahmet Mosque. The rooms were very clean and the breakfast delicious. We stayed there 4 days in December and would be happy to come back again. Istanbul is a wonderful city, we've already been there many times and it's one of the best hotels that we stayed in. Thanks to Mutlu and all of the staff.
ZYAD Family, Morocco

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This hotel is a real gem. Perfect location for sightseeing. Wonderful views of the Bospherus from our balcony. Excellent staff. Overall good value for money and a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Bospherus
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Staff very helpful, location excellent, but the bathroom smell is almost a deal breaker:

The drains in the bathroom smell terribly. My husband thinks they have dry traps. You either suffer from that awful smell or the staff will turn on an offensive, electronic air freshner that reeks of fake pineapple. Both odors are really overwhelming.

The wireless service is very spotty - quite annoying to my kids.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2011

It was my first trip to Istanbul, so I had only maps to judge where the hotel was located: When there I realized the location is extremely convenient: the major sites, plus plenty of restaurants, are all close by.

The staff was very helpful: when I left at 6:30 for a tour to Troy, I alone of those on the tour had a breakfast with me, courtesy of the hotel: this is just an example of the kind of help they provided me.

of course none of this would matter if the rooms weren't comfortable: mine was very comfortable, with a very nice view of the Sea of Marmara.

I will stay here again when the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: I was on the top floor, which I think has the best views