The Byzantium Hotel & Suites(Istanbul)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$582
US$382
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewstuyap exhibitionbusiness triptrade fairconvention centersummit restaurantmetrobus stationnice staywifi connectionswimming poolroom servicevery nice hotelturkish airlineswalking distanceeuropean sidehotel is situatedselmaramada
Reviewed May 12, 2017

Spent a few nights at Ramada Kaya Plaza hotel. My experience was mixed.

On the plus side, the location is great. If you're attending a conference at Tuyap, the hotel is a short few mins walk to the convention center. Istanbul traffic is world known and staying even 5km away from convention center will consume so much time.

Unfortunately, other than the location my experience at Kaya Ramada wasn't too positive. First, the check-in line was painfully long and had no structure for processing and was incredibly slow. If you are coming during convention time, do expect waits to get through the gate and at check-in.

Once in the room, my experience was mixed. The room I had was large and on the high floor, the view is great. The bed was comfortable. The TV offered numerous channels. But the lack of power outlets by bed was annoying as I like to keep my phone nearby for alarms.

The bathroom in my room was poor. There was very little cold water pressure and was hard to get water in shower at right temp. On my first shower, the shower head literally broke apart. Luckily I wasn't in the shower yet, or it would have hit me.

After my first night at the hotel, upon return after a full day at the tradeshow, I returned to an uncleaned room. I arrived closer to 8 PM and the room hadn't been made up and had to call front desk and someone was sent at 8:30 to make up the room. For those who travel a lot, coming back to a quiet, clean room after a full day of working is one of those moments of relaxation and walking to a not made up room is one of my big irritations.

The hotel has free wifi and it works great for standard email, web surfing, etc. It's not fast enough for VoIP calls or for streaming videos. But it gets the job done for emails and websites.

I can't rate this higher because of issues with room. I can't rate it lower than average because the hotel is very convenient and the rooms large.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
BUKET_BICER, Genel Müdür at Kaya Istanbul Fair & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am deeply sorry to read you were not satisfied with your stay in our hotel and disappointed that we did not manage to meet your expectations, which is our ultimate goal. I have shared your feedback with the departments involved and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back at the Kaya Ramada Plaza Istanbul to show you our usual high level of standards and services.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Room was nice and services was also good.. secondly Selma helped nicely. over all experience was nice. would like to continue to deal with you.

however I suggest to give some training on English communication, it would give more ease to the guest

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
BUKET_BICER, Assistant General Manager at Kaya Istanbul Fair & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Dear Nazeer Veliyil,

Thank you for your most kind review on Tripadvisor and particularly for praising efforts of our colleague Selma, our guest relations manager.

We were pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Kaya Ramada Plaza Istanbul. I have also taken note of your feedback regarding our employees' English skills.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the nearest future.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Room quiet, clean and well equipped. Very good WIFI connection everywhere inside the building
Staff very professional and kind.
Breakfast and in general restaurant/bar service very good.
Great facilities

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Giancarlo L,

We appreciate your excellent feedback about your stay at Kaya Ramada Plaza Hotel, Istanbul.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the nearest future.

Reviewed March 28, 2017

I had the opportunity to come back to this place for a business trip,and i have to say that i enjoyed my stay even better than my other time.
Last timet they were renewing the lobby and other facilities.
Just one word for the lobby:AMAZING
And you must dinner in the SUMMIT reastaurant at the top of the Hotel,the view is wonderful

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Dear Emanuele M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We were delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with Kaya Ramada Plaza Hotel and you were pleased with the service and facilities.

Reviewed March 22, 2017

Large room, clean and very comfortable. Friendly , and helpfull staff, top hotel. It is my preferred stay in Istanbul when I have to visit the Tuyap fair center or customers on the European side of Istanbul.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
BUKET_BICER, Assistant General Manager at Kaya Istanbul Fair & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,