See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Having booked online for 6 nights and provided credit card details,we presented passport identification on arrival, as is normal practice everywhere.
Inexplicably, however,on the very first day, as we passed the reception desk,our bill was given to us and full advance payment was demanded.We duly signed along the dotted line.
The indelicate manner in which the bill was thrust in our faces, the rudeness of the owner and offensive nature of this episode , have soured our memories of this hotel.
We will not be returning ,nor can we recommend it

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank margvalav
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed here for 5 nights- overall the location is good...close to the main mounuments. Room is small but clean and comfortable and had a fantastic view. The staff especially Orkhan at the front desk was really helpful. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

this hotel is very old, warm and romantic. the view of the golden horn was lovely.. they upgraded our room to a suite so it was spacious and comfortable, the bathroom was very small with a separate shower box.
The breakfast was served next to the entrance, outdoor so the setting was cheerful and nice -not the typical basement breakfast room-.
The breakfast itself was basic but really fresh and tasty.
The staff is very welcoming and helpful, although it seemed that only the owner could speak english.
It's a 10 mins taxi drive from Taksim area so it's not so far but if you are late at night you might need to wait a while to find a taxi to bring you back to the hotel.
Of course the hotel outdoor has plenty of daphnis covering the building which gives more charm to the hotel.
Our major problem was that the hotel had no lift -being so old- and the stairs are almost spiral -If I am remembering well- and it's not suitable for young children and not practical with strollers.
Excellent free wifi.

Room Tip: the suite in the first floor with a sea view is very nice BUT YOU WILL HEAR THE CARS' NOISE ALL THE TIME
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MinouDelCairo
Reviewed May 16, 2011

This hotel was quiet, no frills, but comfortable just like my new york apartment. It was cute and nicely decorated. The view of the golden horn from our terrace was also quite nice.
The breakfast was ok and the staff was very friendly. I was hoping for a bit more of a bathroom. It was a little shocking at first to see the shower was basically just a toilet with a shower head and a drain. It was a little cramped and odd but after a few days, I was getting used to it. I also wished that there was a safe to put our passports and valuables in but there was not so I had to carry my passport with me at all times. It was a cozy spot and pretty convenient, close to the old town, Balat and 15 minutes to Taksim Square. You can walk to the major tourist sites from there or take a cab. Overall, it was a really good value and a comfy spot to stay in Istanbul. If you have an iphone from the US, you might have problems connecting to the internet. I had no Wifi connection while I was in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2009

HotelDaphnis is a very hospitable with a very warm ambiance. the staff gives you the feeling of a home. I enjoyed every minute in the hotel . The staff was very helpful . They always tried to help me , whenever i complaint . (Not about hotel but the traffic and stuff) And the view of the rooms were very charming.
And the foods in the restaurant were DELICIOUS ! even if you don't have time for staying in the hotel , you should try the restaurant. And there is also one more thing i want to mention ; everytime i came back to my room it was very neat. they've aleays cleaned it , without interrupting me .
so if you want to have a nice holidey in Istanbul , i recommend you Hotel DEphnis. promise you , you'll wont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo