“Wonderful hotel,wonderful seaview”
Review of Daphne Hotel

Daphne Hotel
Ranked #281 of 1,163 Hotels in Istanbul
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I stayed with my friends for christmas .it was our best holiday,hotel daphne has very nice coustumers and very nice ,swetty rooms.Hotel has so romantic view at terrace restAurant.And customers so helpful .The rooms are Pretty and cleaning is most important for hotel also for us,daphne hotel has 5 Stars experiences but it has boutique concept .people who is going istanbul,they should stay at Daphne hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I slept in one of the most beautiful hotels in the Hotel Daphne.Rooms, lobby and terrace with spectacular seaview.The customers are very helpful and hotel is very clean and has mystical design mix with ottoman and modern.It is the first time i came Istanbul and i stayed at Hotel Daphne .The Hotel has a really positive energy.You can feel your self so special like a king :) .Certainl i suggest people Hotel Daphne , if you need really feel relax and happy, Stay here. The most beautiful gift to yourself.

Reviewed 15 January 2012

The rooms are very comfortable, even if small. We were happy to stay here because the location is excellent and the staff is helpful at every need. The breakfast is a mix of Turkish and European; light but well sufficient. I suggest they add fresh fruit though there was plenty (for me) of dried fruit. All-in all, I will continue to stay here whenever I can. The view of the Maramara Sea from 501 was beautiful.

Room Tip: Face the Maramara Sea in the "x01" rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2012

It's a very consuming hotel.While you are staying there , you feel like a special person maybe like a prince or princess.Our 12.wedding year , we stayed at Hotel Daphne.They are so kindly customers,they organized wine and ver delicious pancakes for us.Hotel Daphne has differential about it's place.Because of , you can go the sultanahmet area 2 minutes by walking,here is so crowded but if you need quite place you can stay at hotel or you can sit at Hotel Daphne'S terrace which has challenging view.Maybe i can't explain the seaview enough,you have to go and you have to stay there.While you are staying there , you feel purified everything.When i came my home,i feel renewed myself.That's most important thing for me and my husband.Thank you Hotel Daphne customer for everything , We hope we will come again at spring.

Reviewed 20 December 2011

Have experienced one of the best 5 day stay in a hotel ever. Big call yes!. The rooms were great and Okan and his staff put themselves out on all occasions to make our stay enjoyable. The Daphne Hotel is central to everything you wish to see in Istanbul and we reccomend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms 3rd floor and up for sea views.
1  Thank Pam B
Reviewed 14 December 2011

There are many hotels of this type-familiy owned, boutique feel, located in Sultanhamet but this one disappints for several reasons.
Location is not bad just two or three blocks back of the Blue Mosque and half way between the Aya Sofia and the Grand Bazzar.
The lobby restaurant/breakfast area is small and has no real redeeming features. The upstairs terrace offers great views of the Bosphorus but was not open for breakfast during my visit. It was available for dinner if you ask nicely.. This was low season for sure but I was also disapointed in the quality of the food for dinner and the price is about 30% more expensive as items on their menu are displayed in Euros when all other restaurants display it in Liras.
My main complaint was the paper thin walls !! Ugh. Even with the TV at moderate level I could hear the couple next door go at it and all their conversations felt like they were actually in my room. The room is small but most are in this part of IST. Bed was OK comfortable. Bathroom was OK. So location is probaby its best feature and price was good and fair. I just think you can do better. When I arrived my room had a non fuctional TV and a lamp that did not work. Wifi was free in the room though.

Hotel Uyan for example was a gem last time I visited and probably a better value.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank GlobalguyOttawa
Reviewed 29 November 2011

As far as the hotel's location, you can't beat it, but the hotel itself was only so-so. It's perfectly located near the Blue Mosque and lots of shops and restaurants in the Sultanahmet area of Istanbul. But this area is full of hotels, so you can definitely shop around.
You could tell that Daphne Hotel had been in the area for a while, but they are actually in the process of completing a renovation project. All new wood, cabinetry, and bathroom fixings...one area they've forgotten are the beds. They are not comfy! The breakfast was continental and had plenty of options. Lots of cheese, meats, fruit, breads, drinks and more.
When we checked in, room 401 had yet to receive a new tub...it was quite unattractive (mold). Plus we had a smoking neighbor and their smoke was seeping underneath our door...though Europe is trying to embrace the 'non-smoking' in public places like hotels, this is quite hard to enforce in a society that loves to smoke. They had a monetary fine for smoking in the rooms, but I doubt they use it.
As a result of the mold and smoking, we asked for another room. We moved one floor down to 301 and it was ok. The view from that side of the building is beautiful. Definitely request room 301, 401 (once completely renovated) or 501. They each have a view of the Marmara Sea. There are always ships at sea and the sunsets are very nice. The staff is very helpful also. They also offered free transfer between the hotel and the airport (roundtrip). This was a nice perk.
Like I said the location can’t be beat. My husband and I walked to the Blue Mosque in about 5 minutes or less. Tons of restaurants/cafes, the Grand Bazaar and Egyptian Bazaar are all in walking distance from Daphne.

Room Tip: Request room 301, 401 or 501. They have full views of the Marmara Sea. 201 (in my opinion) would b...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple