See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 31, 2015

I stayed here in early May 2015, it is a great position in a quite street just a few minutes walk from the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia. The airport transfer was seamless and made the end of my long journey trouble free. I had a fabulous view of the sea from my window. Kamil the manager is just so helpful with advice and recommendations - I would definately return to this clean family run hotel.

Room tip: Sea view rooms are worth the slightly extra cost.
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 07paulinej2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015

This hotel is a hidden treasure, it is within 3 minute walk of the Blue Mosque (Sultanahmet mosque) and Hagia Sophia. Kamil is one of the nicest and most helpful people we ever met. If you get a room facing the street, you can pretty much sit in bed and watch cruise and cargo ships go by. The breakfast area on top of the building offers a few not only of Marmara Sea but also of the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia at the same time. Great place to stay.

Room tip: Facing the street
Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed September 30, 2014

Recommended by a friend but so disappointed. Airport pick up failed to materialise. Hotel dated, fixtures in bathroom poor. Breakfast OK, coffee good. Best thing I can say is location good and wifi strong

Room tip: Pick a different hotel
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Patricia50953
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed here twice - once about five years ago and again, just recently in July 14. Our room was a double on the 4th floor which meant we had a great sea view without having to visit the terrace higher up. Breakfast is traditionally Turkish which is fine, tea and coffee were plentiful.The breakfast room is glazed, you can sit outside and watch ships sailing past, or go higher up the spiral staircase and enjoy almost 360 views of Istanbul, including mosques, and of course other terraces. Wonderful place to sit, even at night, if Istanbul proves a bit hectic - which is often does. Spoke to the owner on several occasions about Istanbul, its history, the refugees coming to the city etc. Friendly service, boutique type hotel although there is no lift so the breakfast room may be difficult for someone with mobility issues. In a great location, handy for everything but the street itself is quiet. Wi fi connection worked fine. I will happily stay here again if I go back to Istanbul.

Room tip: I have only stayed in room with sea view to enjoy the shipping traffic but the terrace is available all the time, with some easy chairs etc. We had a beer there a few times to relax and enjoy the sunset.
Date of stay: July 2014
1  Thank Scrapster186470
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was our second stay in Sultan Ahmet this month and our first hotel was only a bit more expensive but radically better. Firstly I must say the staff was good but the hotel is like a very old one star hotel where they have redone the bathroom and put in new quilt covers and beds but left the old blankets , dingy corridors, paper thin walls and very small rooms of a one star. The sea view from our room was great but the window wasn't really clean and many hotels in the area have similar views

Room tip: We were on the fourth floor up 72 steps, but its good excercise
Date of stay: May 2014