See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 17, 2016

This hotel is easy accessible as it lies right in the centre of Istanbul! We hired a twin room – I was there with my friend for shopping.Most of all by selection of hotel we were interested in a comfortable location for leisure after lasting promenades – i.e. get there fast and have a good sleep. At the evening we were pleasantly surprised that supper in hotel was at the same cost as in a city cafe and really delicious.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2016 via mobile

To start the bathroom cubicle was broken..next day breakfast was served at 8.15 (even though we were promised 7.30 by a grumpy lady.) It was cold and stale.it was the same for all 3 days of our stay...even after we had informed them twice.
When we returned the our room was left open and was not even cleaned. Thanks to the lovely city and the people..my holiday was saved...otherwise the hotel was staff was discourteous to say the least. No one offered to help us with the bags..even though they saw a lady struggling

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank singhdolly
Reviewed August 23, 2015

We had booked a 4 bed apartment. In the description it sounded sooooo good and luxury, nearly too good. The apartment should have been vast – 85 sqm, view over the city, a separate sitting room with 102 inch(!) led TV (sounds just too much ok), separate dining room with dining table, rain shower and lots of other good stuff which tells you that it is a room that won't disappoint you.

However, we were led away to the back side of the hotel, were shown a private, dirty entrance with a dark staircase. We had to go down to the semi-basement level, into an apartment that smelled dirt and lots of mould. There was approx. a 17 inch, old "fat-TV", no separate dining room, and obviously no rain shower in the unbelievably small toilet. As we were in the semi-basement there was no view over anything – at least no city!

When asking if we really had got the right apartment, they said that they only had one 4 bed ap. and there should be no misunderstanding. We went through the fantastic description with them and they just said the fault was Hotels.com's. We were offered ordinary hotel rooms in stead, all right – BUT at the end these would cost 55 Euro extra per room!!!

Despite the rooms were so much smaller than the promised apartment, only one of which had a rain shower, just ordinary small TVs etc – the following discussion about paying extra or not was really ugly run from the hotel management side. Of course we got really upset, called Hotels.com who helped us – but with no result.

We didn't have the energy or time to look for another hotel, ending up paying 110 Euro extra for the two rooms, a sum that Hotels.com will reimburse to us!

On top of this – the hotel rooms included breakfast served at the fancy top restaurant! This breakfast consisted of bread, goat cheese, yellow cheese, some ham, some cold sallad etc. Ok, a type of continental breakfast, but without any cooling around it.
BUT – the same plate of cold mayonnaise sallad that was on display the first morning, was taken out also the second, despite it was on display for 3 hours in 30 degrees heat the first day. Hmmmm - I wonder what my stomach would say if I tried it? Glad I didn't!

Abella is a place I will never set my foot at again - ever! Hope you don't do that either. Keep away!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel! There are plenty of others!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Conny J
Reviewed June 22, 2015

Nice budget hotel right near Sultanahmet, Hagia Sofia, Basilica cister - maybe 4-7 minutes of walking. Very nice personel in the hotel, room was rather small but cleand and for that money (round 40 EUR per room for two with breakfast) was really a very good choice. Breakfast was not very rich but was good and more then enough.
i would recomend it to budget travelers.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here for dinner on a Sunday night. The menu and staff were nice on the outside. We were taken downstairs where things changed... We both ordered soup, a pizza to share and two waters.
We are convinced the soup was packet soup. The pizza that came out was literally the size of a saucer, not a dinner plate and was a microwaved frozen pizza! Not at all like the one in the picture on the menu and not at all fresh. I sent the pizza back.
We decided to leave straight away and pay for the soups and water which should have been 18 lira. The waiter tried to charge us 24 lira saying it was 10 lira for the two waters, which we argued as for the last 3 weeks in Turkey we've paid no more than 2 lira each bottle. Even the Turkish lady in the restaurant told us not to pay more than 4 lira for the waters. We only had a 20 lira note which was snatched out of my boyfriends hand before we left! It was a horrible experience!

Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple