“Little Bang for you buck.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cem Sultan Hotel

Cem Sultan Hotel
Ranked #562 of 1,121 Hotels in Istanbul
Michigamme, Michigan
“Little Bang for you buck.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

SMALL rooms, high price, ancient commodities and indifferent staff.

The only good thing is the location.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justin M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Greek first
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

My 1st choice of hotel was booked, so they recommended the Cem Sultan Hotel. I took a chance, and walked the 5 minutes to visit hotel. Pleasantly surprised. For the ammenities, the hotel was overpriced (50 Euro). However, the price included taxes, buffet breakfast and wi-fi.
Some rooms have sea view. Rooms are small, yet clean.
The hotel is very convenient - 5-10 minutes walking distance to major attractions (Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, etc.). It's also 5 minutes to tram station to go out further.
Would stay here again if the price was lower.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank lacalif11
michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

Daughter and I stayed 3 nights, Nov. 2009 and found all quite suitable, comfortable and clean. We both have traveled extensively and would have no qualms about moving to another location if this did not meet expectations. GREAT location, Nice staff.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Holland, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

When we saw this site and comments about Cem Sultan Hotel we surprised..Because we stayed there for 5 nights and we liked much..Stuff so friendly and clean rooms.Breakfast saloon has great view of Marmara..Especially Mr.Murat Who manage this hotel,he is so kind and helpfull...Thats why ı dont understand that why people writen so bad comments for this hotel..We will definetely to come to Cem Sultan hotel again...
Marks Dereny..Holland..

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark42310
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2010

I read the reviews on this site before booking in at the Cem Sultan for 4 nights. There is a couple of really good reviews and some really bad ones. As an easy going and optimistic type of person I decided to ignore the bad reviews, book my girlfriend and I in get on with our holiday planning. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and hostels around the world from $2 huts in Thailand and very budget hostels in Bolivia to the Ritz in Jamaica and Bellagio in Las Vegas and I have to say this is the WORST accomodation I have EVER stayed in. Trust me basic hotels do not bother me. First of all the room is horribly presented, ok I'm not overly bothered about that. Next the walls are paper thin, I could hear the room next door talking like they were in the same room and doors were slamming throughout the night. Next they turn the heating completely off so it wall really cold so we had do use the old air con unit to keep the temperature in the room. There were big black hairs in inside the bed which were probably from the previous people and the sheets were like they had never been washed, were old, very dusty and probably had all sorts living inside them. The dust being wafted around the room by the air con made me feel really sick and disgusted. Went to bed at midnight, was still awake at 3am when I just wanted to go and find somewhere else. I was still awake and 5am when the call to prayer started over loud speaker at the Blue Mosque (yes great location!!!) and by 7am I finally fell asleep after deciding to sleep in my clothes. At 10am I got up, refused to risk breakfast and checked out, refusing to stay the following night which my girlfriend I were book in for. and went to a different 3 star hotel called Asur which was basic but quiet and clean and a palace in comparison. Cem sultan would have ruined my first days sightseeing had I not been so tanked up on Turkish coffee (which is excellent!) I honestly would have rather lost all the money I had paid to stay any longer at the Cem Sultan then stay another minute!! After we were out of there our holiday was amazing, the people were really friendly. I really can't understand where the good reviews could have come from on this site for this place as this was literally the worst hotel or hostel I have ever stayed in!!!!!!!! Take it from me and please don't risk it!!!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Skuzby1

Travellers are raving about these Istanbul hotels

Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2010

The location is really good but with the same price (50 EUR) you can go to a better hotel in the area. I don´t think is worth it more than 30 EUR. It was a total rip.off.

• Stayed March 2010
Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

Disgusting attiude of owner and staff. Did our laundry, caused over 50Euros of damage and refused compensation, despite repeated promises to pay. Wouldn't stay there again if the rooms were free. Undoubtedly the worst service experienced in Turkey

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple