All reviews isa bey artemis temple turkey enjoyed our stay walking distance ephesus basilica
Reviewed September 21, 2015

I have been to Selcuk a number of times and I'm quite familiar with the place and accommodation options in the area. I have to say Rebetika Hotel is hard to beat - it has the best view, top location, clean, comfortable bedroom and facilities and Suleyman and Ibrahim are outstanding hosts.
The hotel is just across Isabey Cami, a nice short walk to St. John's Basilica, the Selcuk town center, Ephesus Museum and Artemis Temple. I think this is the only hotel with the biggest rooftop balcony and widest view of the temple and the mountains. Wifi worked well, rooms are cleaned everyday. They gave honest and excellent travel advice. My flight arrived close to midnight and they advised me how I can save with the transpo from Izmir and booked me on a shuttle that cost me only 20TL instead of the 40euro it would have cost me at that time of the day. The whole time they were easy to reach and monitored my arrival.
With all the basic requirements of a great stay already satisfied at the best price, the hosts outdo themselves by going out of their way to make sure that your travel plans and objectives are met every step of the way. Will definitely recommend to other guests and I will surely be back! :)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed September 20, 2015

We had a triple, used the spare bed for luggage. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean, including the bathroom. The A/C was certainly a blessing, only the past few nights were comfortable with the window open. The mini fridge was great for holding water, juices and what have you. We ate breakfast daily on the roof top terrace (right above our room...) Simple cold food brought out until refreshed. I appreciated the corn flakes and milk daily. Twice we had hot food day which entailed a plate of eggs at your table. They were a little raw for me, Vern ate them. We ate dinner 5 of the nights. Great food prepared by Suleyman's father-in-law. All grilled. Lamb chops, steak, beef kabobs were our favorites. The yogurt dip with mint was outstanding! The grilled mushrooms stuffed with cheddar cheese were the best! They also have chicken kabobs and fish. At a weekly stay we did receive a discount on our meals, but we thought the original pricing was quite fair. Sunsets on the terrace were wonderful. Right across from the Isa Bey Mosque you will hear the call to prayer until you tune it out. It is very near the Basilica also, the Isa Bey Hammam and Artemis Temple Ruins. Suleyman helped set up our tour of Ephesus and Mary's House (Artemis and Isa Bey Mosque) and that was quite worth while. He also walked us into town to the barber and stylist for our haircuts. He was a super host, we also enjoyed his brother Ibraham, and both his father and father-in-law. This was their home originally built up into a hotel. We were in the original building which was fine. Steps, but not to many or to steep. The ladies that ran the breakfast buffet and housekeeping were very friendly and conscientious in their work. Great location!

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ruthandvern
Reviewed September 1, 2015

The is more like a family run pension than a hotel. It is 15min walk from the train station as it is on one end of the main town centre. Might not strike one as convenient or pleasing at 1st sight - but wait till you experience the magic of the lovely terrace on a breezy summer evening. Rooms are very basic but very clean. The best part about the hotel is the crew - Suleiman and Ibrahim, the 2 brothers who run the place are fantastic people and we loved chatting with them. An hour into our check-in my husband misplaced his wallet which was finally recovered by Suleiman and the housekeepers - will be ever grateful to them. The highlight is beers and dinner on the terrace - lovely mezze prepared by Suleiman's lovely wife and grilled fresh fish by the man himself. They also arranged the sightseeing tour service for us and it was quite good. Selchuk is a nice laid back place where you can sit around and do nothing for a couple of days, and this hotel with its inviting terrace is just the place you want to be :)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2015

The host and his brother are very pleasant, speak English or French and are very eager to help and answer all your questions. You really feel welcome in this hotel. The room was clean and the breakfast very good. It's a walking distance to the mosque and the city center. It's also very easy to go to the Efesus Site.
It's a shame that the common areas may not be as clean as they could be i.e. the corridors. A little bit more attention to these details would certainly help.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2015

i booked the hotel tthe night before not expecting very much and was very happily surprised. The hotel itself is very simple, but it has everything youneed. I try to stay away from big chain hotels and this is why, this is a family owned and operated hotel, everyone is very warm and welcoming, and our room was just great... Spacious, great light, big bathroom and breakfast. We are very happy with our choice!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple