See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed this cute little place. The owner (or manager) was so sweet. In the evening, she made us some tea and coffee and encouraged us to go on the rooftop terrace. She brought us up a full bowl of fruit from her mother's garden. It was such a sweet touch. The location was within walking distance of everything we needed. The people of Turkey are just lovely!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lavonne B
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a little gem. Beautifully situated right by St John's Basilica and very close to Ephesus. The rooms are very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The courtyard is the highlight though, full of idiosyncratic decorations and a fabulous place for a breakfast. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was lovely - very Turkish but all high quality ingredients.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I arrived after reading the Lonely Planet editors pick, expecting them to be fully booked up in July but was lucky enough to get a room. I was given a clean, tidy and well appointed room off the main courtyard (decorated with trinkets here and there, bougainvillea bursting with flowers - postcard stuff!). Nazhan is filled with family charm, Mina (the hostess) greeted me and advised me of things to see and do as well as Ephesus. Karen (her daughter) took my passport details into their check in book and SeaTac (her cousin) took my bags and showed me to my room. Breakfast in the morning was the best meal I had had in ages, bread, cheeses, pickles, olives, tomato, eggs, jams - more than enough to keep you going for a day of exploring. I'd recommend anyone stay here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Simply ask for what you want. They have a new renovated section or a traditional pension section - I loved the traditional feel.
Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Chris H
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Nazhan is a very beutiful family hotel. It has many collections of little things and nicely decorated the whole place. The hostess Mina is a very kind lady and she has a very helpful young gentleman Sertac (her nephew). Mina also has a very beautiful and talented daughter Karden. We are so warmly received by this lovely family and enjoyed our stay there, although it's only one night.

I have to mention Sertac again here as he's such a sweet boy and so so so helpful! Miss you, Sertac!

Room Tip: 10 mins walk from the bus station
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ShinysHinEli
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The owner of this charming, small hotel and his manager are both gracious and attentive hosts. The facilities are exceptionally clean with great quality touches in both the common areas and the rooms. Moreover, the owner went out of his way to make us feel at home, provide insider advices on shopping, touring and eating in, and around, this great little alternative to Kusadasi.

The location is ideal and just steps away from the town center for shopping and eating. The Church of St. John is practically in Nazhan's backyard (about 50 yards away). The ancient ruins of Ephesus are only two miles away. Unless you are visiting on a cruise, there is no reason to stay in the tourist haven of Kusadasi. Selcuk is much nicer and less hectic.

We liked Nazhan so much that we stayed twice on our trip. The second time was the night before our flight back to Istanbul from Izmir. Selcuk and Nazhan Hotel are only 45 minutes away from the Izmir airport. So, staying here was much more desirable than spending our last night in Izmir which is pretty industrial and not a very attractive place to stay.

Room Tip: Room # 7 was very comfortable, quiet and on the ground floor outside the beautiful bougainvillea covered courtyard.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple