2,718 results
All reviewsfirst choicethe pearlwater parkkids clubice creamauntie sandraoasis restaurantfontana poolsplash cardall agesbeach barpearl barsomething for everyoneentertainment teamtropicana restaurantirish barfamily holiday
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Had a 14 day family holiday in October place was very clean staff cleaning all day and night couldn’t fault the staff always friendly and cutiouse plenty to do Had a problem with our room on arrival spoke to tui rep and was moved to another room straight away only thing I would say is I would go back but earlier in season

1  Thank macmillan2014
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your review and thank you for appreciating all of our hardworking staff throughout the Hotel. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful holiday and we do hope to see you again on a future visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed November 2, 2017

In general a brilliant holiday (although we also had this bad experience with the football tournament which I have raised a complaint with TUI about.)

Rather than add to the 1000s of reviews of this place, I will give some random facts and tips for visitors:

1) There is a heated adults only pool, try to get a room near this if you are without kids and want some peace.
2) There is a nice astroturf football pitch, bring a deflated ball they will pump it for you at the shop.
3) The juice is poor, very sugary but you can buy freshly squeezed OJ for about £1 in the main buffet.
4) The coffee is poor, its either weak filter coffee in the buffet or instant coffee from the machines near the pools. You cant get a proper espresso for love nor money in the hotel.
5) The food in general is very good, huge selection to satisfy everyone from the many fatsos who live off pizza and chips and the health conscious who can take from dozens of veggie dishes such as stuffed peppers, veg stew, 10 types of salad.
6) Water park amazing, kids loved it.
7) Lifeguards are not great in the hotel pools, my daughter split her head open we were desperate for help but no-one around (2pm) and had to run to the shop who called someone to get us and take to the doctor. The on-site doctor is good but seemed quite busy I think they get a lot of injuries and cuts.
8) Too much smoking everywhere. I guess the fags are cheap here, even the brits who probably vape revert to fags and the turkish fags are very potent. I literally felt nauseous on many occasions and there seems to be nowhere that is smoke free beside the indoor part of the buffet.
9) Bus outside hotel is very frequent and a cheap way to get to kusadasi or the other town the opposite direction at 5 lira. Taxis also fine though, they use meter it was 50 L back from kusadasi no haggling or BS.
10) The hotel spa is not great. The girls were great but I think it is not authentic if you are after Hamam and it is lightweight and overpriced. You can take dolmus bus halfway to kusadasi there is a turkish hamam, I wish I tried that instead. For massage and girly treatments etc, hotel spa is probably better though.
11) Its not that cheap in Turkey, we went the supermarket in kusadasi (carrefour) but prices were same as UK. Got some fresh turkish delight and walnuts, not much else local to pick up. Local honey was £8 for 500ml, same or more pricey than in UK for example.
12) Sign up for the Revolut app, its a pre-paid debit card and you can get lira out from any ATM very easily using this at the proper bank rates with no commission. On the last day I just put enough credit on my account to take out 480 lira to pay the hotel bill, its all instant. I used it in the airport and hotel ATMs, no problem, best way to get cash overseas.
13) Pay extra for the taxi transfer from airport to hotel, even in off season there was 3 buses, ours left last and we waited ages to check in. If you just get a taxi yourself, I guess it will be something like 150 - 200 lira on the meter (as it was 50 lira from hotel to kusadai), which might be cheaper than TUI charge.
14) Scuba Diving - the local dive shop is not great but sufficient. Worse service I have ever had, but safe enough. I paid £90 for a refresh dive from beach and then two dives from boat the next day, I didnt haggle so probably overpaid. TUI offer scuba diving for much less than that but I didnt ask which dives that includes or if the price is accurate. Sea was rough this day and visibility bad, I doubt there is good snorkelling around here unless they know a sheltered spot.

Personally I would prefer this hotel to charge for alcohol drinks and be non-smoking. That is what I will be looking for in my next holiday, as I dont like to be around drunks or smokers. Other than that, and the incidents with the football teams and pool accident which are more bad luck, this holiday was pretty perfect. I would not go in summer though, too hot and too many people, it felt crowded at times even in Oct especially in the bars and buffet.

Room Tip: Couples = near adults pool. Families = near Caribbean pool.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank hatsumomo7
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2017

Dear Guest,
Warm greetings from Turkey; we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. Guest feedback is high value to our team as it provides us with information on what guests most enjoyed or how we can elevate the experience even further. Please accept our apologies for your shortcomings during your stay and rest assured that all of your comments have already been taken to the relevant managers. We do hope you will reconsider us for another visit in the future.

Reviewed November 2, 2017

after an uneventful flight and near 3 hour coach trip from bodrum we arrived at aqua fantasy, first impressions is its well presented, now after reading trip advisor before I went I took everything onboard what people have said good and bad.

Check in.

check in was really easy, wasn't waiting to long to get our key, desk staff seemed really nice, although we wasn't shown where to go to our room, we went and found it ourselves

Room.

Upon entering our room it was really nice and clean, we were in a ground floor family room with a partition in the middle, the view wasn't the best as we overlooked the football pitch, balcony was ok, one thing I did notice was the glass panels on the balcony didn't seem very secure, also with having a baby with us there was no travel cot, after speaking with staff and not getting anywhere, our reps from TUI got involved and we moved rooms, this time overlooking the main pool which was great, also there was a travel cot, but again the glass on the balcony seemed loose and not secure enough, but overall the rooms were nice.

Staff.

majority of staff were really nice and pleasant, but 1 or 2 of the female staff were very rude in the bars and more interested in using the phones.

Food.

Food was nice but very repetitive but its what you get from an all inclusive hotel, I didn't use the steak house as didn't look that good, and its not included in all inclusive, but on the whole there was a wide variety of food to try.

Pools/Facilities

In the hotel there was plenty of pools to use, all clean and well maintained, the indoor pool was great for the kids, pool was warm as it was heated, the bad point is the lifeguard's always seemed to be busy with other things rather than watching the kids coming down the slide 2,3,4 at a time, my daughter got hurt a few times which I wasn't pleased with and a friend broke her ankle on the slide, HEALTH AND SAFTEY should be number 1, the outdoor pools were ice cold, too cold to allow my children to go in, why heat the adult pool that nobody really used, also its an adult pool and kids were using it???? reading trip advisor the pools have been cold all through summer, you need to start heating them.

Waterpark

The waterpark was good, a few slides weren't in use but it was end of season, but there was still some good slides to use, food wasn't the best and it isn't part of the inclusive and its charged to the room which wasn't an issue, but overall it was good for kids and adults

overall the hotel was good and i would stay again, every hotel has its bad points but if all bad points were looked at and sorted then this hotel would be amazing the pools being the big 1, with being end of season it is expected that there will be faults, electricity kept tripping off after bad weather but the weather was warm into mid 20's but cool of a night, and this happened at random over the week even when eating in the restaurant but we laughed about it and carried on as it didn't bother us during the last week the hotel was overrun with Turkish school kids doing a football tournament, the hotel was full, the kids were running up and down the halls being loud and banging on doors, disappointing point to the hotel

The beach was ok, bit dirty looking and the sea was till warm although it looked dirty it wasn't and was shallow up to the end of the pier which was good,

taxi will cost bout 40/50 lira into town as its out the way abit, but its cheap

Room Tip: ask for pool view
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank davidpaling1983

Dear Mr.Paling,

Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

we booked this as a family holiday 6 adults 4 kids age 3/12/12/16 1st holiday away together was really looking forward to the 2 week break on arrival we were taken to our rooms which were very clean and tidy bottle of fresh water and basket of toiletry's the hotel was very clean all the staff looked very happy and very smart uniforms plenty of pools bars and places to eat the food was ok but very reparative we found it very hard to get into the AL cart due to it only being open at ltd times
4 problems we had

maid did not leave enough towels each day we kept having to go and get them also bottle of fresh water was never left after 1st day we had to go to the bar and get it bathroom toiletry's were never replaced either

my daughter went into the indoor pool as the outside pools were a bit cold but ended up get injured due to the lack of maintenance to the Lilly pads steps also cut her hand open getting out of the pool on the rocks or the plastic tracking that goes round the pool there was no life guard in attendance as he was outside smoking she ended up going to the hotel doctor for treatment twice a day for 5 day which meant no water activates for 5 days of our holiday the doctor took our insurance details and the hotel covered our access but I think they should of covered all the cost because the injures would not of happened if they maintained the equipment

4 days before leaving the hotel had booked in a very large group 100s football players kids ages from 7 to 12 from all over the country to play a football tournament who just run riot all over the hotel banging on doors all times of the night and day ring random rooms from there room phones we watch them pulling the fly screens of the doors the wrecking hammocks in the leisure area the football coach's didn't give a dam what the kids were doing at night they were all to busy getting drunk letting the kids do what ever they wanted for 4 days and nights the amount of people complaining about it seems to me being false economy to book the kids in and upset the holiday makers
when we reported this to tui they said they didn't know anything about the kids being booked in and could not defend the hotel regarding the matter

the food started to go down hill the nearer it came for the hotel to close I would never book to go at this time of year again and would check if the hotel had any large groups of kids playing a football tournament

9 day of our holiday was totally ruined because of the above problems

Dear Colin,

We sincerely apologize for the service challenges you experienced during your stay. The Problems you mentioned are certainly not the standard here. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and again, we apologize for a less than extraordinary visit.
For our future guests who follow us here on Tripadvisor, we really do want you to experience a problem free holiday. However, if something isn’t quite right for you, please let our guest relation team know straight away and we will try to help you as quickly as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

Just returned from a October half term break at AquaFantasy. First time we had stayed there and we travelled with our 2 boys aged 10 and 6 years old.

The AquaFantasy is a really large hotel with loads of pools, eating and entertainment options along with their enormous Waterpark which guests can use free of charge.

We booked through Tui and took the only family room option they have available which is a larger hotel room with sliding doors in the middle, allowing the children to have a screened off sleeping area at the far end of the room. One child was sleeping on a single bed and the other on a sofa bed. Neither complained about their beds. We had a ground floor room with a view of the Pool. The balcony was really small but big enough to dry off wet swim ware etc. I think if you contact the hotel directly other types and sizes of rooms are available.

The hotel is used by people from a wide range of countries which gives it a great multi-national feel. I always enjoy watching the kids making new best friends of children they don't have a common language with but still get along just fine !! We didn't use the kids club facilities but they looked really good. They are multi national and run directly by the hotel.

The food was good - there was always something that both ourselves and the children fancied to eat. The was a lot of repetition, but that is common for the big buffet 'all inclusive' places; we loved the fresh kebabs being served each lunchtime at the Pearl Snack Bar and the freshly grilled meat in the main Oasis buffet each evening. The pizzas were freshly made and there was a great line in pancakes (Turkish style) that were being freshly made in various locations. There is loads of fresh veg, salads and fruit around each day. None of us had any upset stomachs and we tried everything so I am confident that the level of food hygiene is good.

We did not try any of their 'a la carte' restaurant options as the menus looked really poor and were just a smaller selection of what was available in the main buffet. The Steak House looked better but here was an additional charge which we didn't feel was worth what you were getting.

There are loads of bars on site all, only the main ones have spirits etc but the beer at the pool bars is beautifully chilled and served in decent sized sturdy plastic glasses. Tip - the lobby bar will do you a large bowl of nuts if you ask with your beverages.

The Waterpark is really great, the range and quality of the rides is brilliant and it is all very well staffed with LifeGuards everywhere ensuring that everyone is kept safe. They also don't let anyone break the rules where there are height or weight restrictions on a ride. Tip - if you have a little one under120cm tall you need a 'baby boat' for them or they cannot use many of the rides. You get these from the main entrance point and have to pay 10 Lira deposit for it (using your room card) which you get back when it is returned. The only down side of the Waterpark is that the food and drink there is not part of your all inclusive package. You are free to wander in and out so you can pop to the nearest hotel side bar have a drink or lunch and return, but you cannot take your 'inclusive' stuff into the park.

Whilst we were at the AquaFantasy we booked a Turkish Bath for ourselves and the kids. If you book for 4 people you get the whole bath to yourselves. The package cost around £60 for the 4 of us. The adults get the full scrub, bubble massage and wash down and the kids just get the bubble massage and lots of high jinx with the ladies who work there. Both our boys really enjoyed the experience and the ladies we really lovely with them. For adults - the experience seemed a little tame, my previous experience is that you get scrubbed and rubbed to within an inch of your life, not sure if this was tame because it involved the kids as well ?! There are bigger packages for parents and children which looked good value for money, probably a better option for older children who don't mind waiting around for a while in the spa area. We felt our 2 were a bit young for this.

All in all we have really enjoyed our week away. The weather was average for the time of year - low 20 degrees - which makes the pools feel very cold, but nice if you you find a sunny spot. Would definetly recommend the AquaFantasy for families. This was the last week of the season for the hotel and therefore some facilities were not available, but we really enjoyed the quieter atmosphere and not having to queue for anything.

4  Thank thedysons
Kathy_ExcAssistantGM, Manager at Aqua Fantasy Aquapark Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2017

Dear Guests,
We appreciate your indepth review of our Hotel. We, at Aqua Fantasy, are constantly aware of upholding our high standards throughout the Hotel and our waterpark. We are very happy that you and your family had a fabulous stay with us and we do hope to see you on a future visit.