All reviewselectricitynisaccommodationfacilitiesisrael
Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here as our first night before launching onto the INT. Being the Easter holiday period there was no accommodation anywhere so took this option. There was a big party down the road and loud thumping music all afternoon and most of the night. Several people packed up and left but we had no option but to suck it up. Having said all that, the people at the office were helpful on arrival. We think it is overpriced but when that’s all there is and you have to stay there. The positive aspect was plenty of power points provided for phone recharge etc and the showers were good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2017

This place was a real disappointment and they managed to ruin one day of our holiday. We arrived at 19 PM with two small children to the camp site. First of all they informed us that we are not allowed to enter the inner parking lot and have to leave our car outside, as well as carry all the stuff through the main gate (a good few hundred meters walk) as they are full. Afterwards I was also lectured about how this was told over the phone when I booked, which is of course not true. In general the attitude and tone was outrageous and unacceptable. While the area with the small buildings has grass, the camping site next to it is all sand and small rocks which makes it completely unsuitable for little children (mine came back with bleeding knees after 10 minutes) and gives you the feeling of a refugee camp. The showers were dirty, no toilet paper, no fridge and no Wi-Fi that is an ABSOLUTE BASIC for any arranged camping place in 2017. On top of not delivering any service and being way over priced they are not ashamed to charge for a two year-old as well.

I told the reception about all my problems and let them know within 2 hours after arrival that we are going to cancel the second night and want a refund. The manager was extremely rude and did not even let me finish my sentences. The next day there was a lady in the reception who behaved more reasonably and promised to look at our case and let us know after Passover whether we can get a refund for the second night THAT WE DIDN'T SPEND at the camping.

A week passed since the end of Passover, we haven't received any refunds or heard back from them. This place is an absolute disgrace. You are certainly better off pitching your tent by the beach for free.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2016 via mobile

We arrived after a day of hiking etc quite tired. Got a room that was not too clean. There were chewing gum on the stairs of the bunk bed. Hair parts on one of the bed and some towels that were provided just looked like they were used...
However, it was thankfully changed. Also the floor was cleaned well so really cannot complain about this and the bathroom/toilet was also clean.
The mattresses were terribly uncomfortable. The size of the room for 3 adults and a child just too small. The a/c worked but only had one setting. Somewhat it did not change the temps. I would point out that the most important that the mattresses were very very bad and after all that is one of the most important thing that one needs for a good night sleep. They change the towels every day and it seems like waste of resources... But I guess because people seemed in the place pretty careless from what I have seen and heard...

The food was ok but nothing special. In the breakfast it seemed some salads were kept from the night before. The dinner was ok. However, that was less of a bother but the dirty dishes that one had to drink from a paper cup - hello(?!!!) that place supposed to be protecting the nature - just not an amazing experience. Glasses were not washed properly left with lipstick marks. The plates were there with food left overs. The food was many times over salted/too oily...The chairs with smears of food. The table was also not that clean neither. I don't understand that but can imagine that the staff is paid very little (?) so they don't care regarding those things... Including the people that stayed there. Just beyond my understanding...

One positive thing was that they had a free parking place. In addition that the coral beach was just across the place.

We have stayed previously in a youth hostel in mitzpe Ramon and have to say that price wise this place is a rip off.

Definitely do not recommend for more than a night sleep and only if you need it for an emergency...

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2016 via mobile

We camped three nights, Friday night was quite busy but despite this was generally quiet at night. Facilities reasonable, a bit messy in places with more litter than you would like and no cleaning done on Saturday. WiFi in one corner of the site beside the supermarket which the kids liked. Felt safe and secure and happy to leave kit there when we went out for the day. You can't bring cars onto the site so carting kit was a bit of a nuisance.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2016

Stayed here as I needed a place to put my head down for the night. The room was fair (you get what you pay for) simple, narrow bunk beds, shower and toilet en-suite, kettle and coffee + fridge, air-con. No view, plenty of free parking. This rates as a "youth hostel" and not a "hotel".

Situated right across from the nature reserve beach with great snorkeling. Beach entrance costs about 35 NIS pp and only open from 9 am untill before sunset.

Breakfast is from 8-9 and IMHO not worth the effort - food was below par (even for a "youth hostel") and the vegetables and salads were in my opinion not eddible and looked like they had been around for at least one if not more days and were certainly not "fresh" or even close to fresh.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business