“Great place for diving, friendly staff and instructors”
Review of Aquasport

Aquasport
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Aqua Sport is a great "home base" for all your diving needs in Eilat. If you have a diving certificate, you can rent whatever gear you need here and dive around the whole area (including the coral reef, or one of the shipwrecks along the Eilat coast). If you're in need of a refresher course or would like an introductory dive, they've got you covered as well. We recently had our kids (aged 8-12) do an introductory dive, and they loved it. For those not diving, you can sunbathe on the beach, or get a drink and a bite to eat at the Aqua Sport bar.

All reviews
"equipment"
in 7 reviews
"israel"

Reviewed December 4, 2017

It has been our worse diving experience ever. The hostel is very basic. You receive cockroaches and heavily banging doors at nights as a bonus. Double deck beds. We've chosen the hostel as we read it was far away from the city and we like peaceful places. Wrong choice.Paid 100% in advance. Stupid me. The dive shop - they couldn't care less. They have plenty of divers and fell victim to it. Crowded and chaotic place. After our third dive which - again - lasted 27 minutes I went to the reception and asked. We are really good with our air consumption and had to go up with 120 - 100 bars. Pretty frustrating. I didn't receive any good explanation so we decided to cross the border each day (4 next days) and dive in their dive shop in Taba, Egypt which saved our vacation. The manager of the Eilat Aquasport is the only person who should work in this business. When I complained he apologized and gave us 10% discount. I keep my fingers crossed for him and his efforts to change the attitude of other front desk personnel. My "favorite" one was a guy who would always ask: Have you paid yet? What a wonderfull way to greet people who have left their credit card details upon arrival.

Reviewed November 14, 2017

Arranged a two tank dive trip to Taba Egypt with Aquasport in Eilat. They have another location at the Hilton Hotel in Taba making trip and border crossing very smooth. Aquasport helps with border crossing fees and paperwork in Eilat so payment can be made in NIS making things very easy. Dives and crew in Taba were great. So glad I decided to make this one day trip to Taba.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

This place is a large scale dive center which operates as an assembly line. And the workers at the counter aren't so friendly.

My experience here was rather disappointing. Started first dive 1 hour late because it's such a chaotic mess with people checking in and getting equipment at the counter. 2nd dive started 30 min late for unknown reasons.

The place has a bar on the beach which is convenient in between dives. Because it's such a big place there are many dive options.

The best they offer is going to Taba, Egypt for the day to dive with the Aquasport center there. If you go for the day you pay at the Aquasport in Eilat, (there is free parking close to the border) cross the border on your own, then walk to the Aquasport in Taba--a 5 min walk from the border. You get all your equipment there. If you plan on going longer, which I would recommend, then just go directly to the Aquasport in Taba.