All reviews bahai gardens great location ben gurion modern conveniences charming hotel quiet room historic building street level restaurants and bars rooms are nice walking distance excellent breakfast the hotel manager small hotel salad mount carmel temple
Reviewed May 29, 2018

This is not a hotel I would normally book for myself. I am unadventurous and usually book chain hotels but we were on a group trip to Haifa and wound up staying here. I will forever rethink my booking strategy this hotel exceeded my expectations. For starters, it is beautiful. Really beautifully decorated and feels luxurious like you are staying in a mansion. The breakfast was amazing (very important on an Israel trip!). The hotel has amazing views of the Baha'i Gardens, I felt so lucky to be staying there. Also the hotel has a historic feeling and is in a central location.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Large room, furnished in Templar style, at the back of the hotel, so that it was quiet ... however, there is no hotel specific parking ... the breakfast was very good, although a beautiful boutique hotel, catering to a sophistcated traveller, should be offering a capuccino not just percolated coffee, and also special order eggs ... the location is great, surrounded by restaurants and overlooking the Bahai gardens.

Room tip: rooms facing the back are quieter
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

A great hotel in a central location in Haifa , near all the attractive places like the Baha’i gardens , mount carmel with its great view to Haifa’s bay . I warmly recommend to try it in your next visit to Haifa

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2018

We had a small quiet room on the first floor, with a very comfortable bed and spa bath. Excellent breakfast and helpful staff. Great location for the Ba’hai Gardens, but maybe not so much for other Haifa sights. No specific hotel parking, but we managed easily on the street nearby. Would stay again.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2018

Beautiful building which was renovated nicely in keeping with the original atmosphere.
However many problems: WiFi is in and out, heating not always working, the windows covers barely cover the sunlight because they made skimpily, and there is absolutely no sound proofing of the windows inside or out, which is at times a real problem since this hotel is at the heart of many celebrations during the year. In Addition they host many privet parties and there is then huge traffic and noise in the hotel and the guests are left to their (noisy) rooms to try and get some sleep. The hotel does not have a lobby where one can sit and talk quietly and privately and so one is allowed to use the breakfast room. However one has to ask and it is viewed as great favor by the hotel director.

While the receptionists and all the other working there are very nice and helpful, The hotel manager, with whom I interacted when I became ill becuase the heating was not working, was not emphatic, dismissive and extremely defensive and unpleasant .He is the reason for which I gave the hotel only one point.

I was a returning costumer of the hotel, i really liked the building which reminded me of my uncles home when I was a child and I liked the receptionists who always made me feel at home. I ignored all the structural problems in the past trying to simply cope becuase i did create a nice connection to the place despite of the problems. When last time I became ill and asked the hotel manager to consider giving me a reduction of one night out of 14 becuase they were not able to resolve the heating problem properly, I encountered a very unpleasant dismissive and argumentative response. I am sad to have to admit that in spite of all effort something in the management level is really not working. Obviously hotel which considers itself 4 stars can have a stable internet solid sleep condition and a manager who knows how to listen / hear and resolve problems.

Date of stay: December 2017