All reviews elijah's cave busy road separate bedroom bahai gardens next morning home away from home mt carmel walking distance german colony nabil hosts minerva acre israel akko
Reviewed July 9, 2017

George and his lovely wife treated our group of 10 travelers as though we were family. Our rooms were immaculate. In the evening we used the kitchen (that was in each room) to cook dinner and in the morning, George treated us to more breakfast than we could eat.

I discovered this gem the previous year, when searching for Elijah's cave. At that time, George was very helpful, spending a lot of time chatting with me about the local history and how to get to several sites. I wasn't a guest of his establishment, but he treated me as though I were. I was thrilled to find availability when I returned with my group.

Tamer Guest House sits on Mount Carmel, and you could walk up the hill to Elijah's cave, then onto Mt Carmel via the old Monk's steps. Just need to be in good shape and not too frightened on heights!

If you are ever in the Haifa area and want a reasonable place to stay, one that makes you feel as though you are family, then George's Tamer Guest House is THE place to stay!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2017

Location: very close to the beach at the northest point of Haifa close to the highway 2 so a bit noisy at the terrace but not inside the rooms.
Reception: officially not 24/7 but they are extremely flexible if you call in front
Room: They offer different apartments; my had about 10 sqm living room with kitchen and separate bedroom of 9 sqm
Bed: 1,6 by 2,0 meters
Bathroom/Shower: separate 4 sqm with shower (glass cabin), sink and toilet
Cleanliness: very clean
Air Condition/Heating: yes, working very well
WLAN: free, qutie fast and reliable
Parking: free directly in front of the hotel
Breakfast included and served at the terrace belonging to the room
Restaurant: several restaurants in walking distance
Language: Hebrew, English
Staff: owner operated and extremly friendly and helpful with an very warm welcome and recommendations where to go, what to do, what to see...
Credit Cards: Western standard cards accepted
Sauna: no (not neccessary in Israel; therefore you have the beach in front of the hotel (only cross the street and the railway)
Pool: no, see comment above
Lift: not neccessary as all rooms are at ground level
Extra benefits: big terrace with view to the sea, welcome fruits and water
Conclusion: After diner at the Shrimp house I sat on the terrace and then Goerge came with is son and together we had more than one hour very inspiring conversation along with some nice glasses of wine. If I'm again in Haifa I definitely will come back

Room tip: no matter, all rooms are perfect
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

We were kindly received by the family/owners when we arrived. The rooms are clean but a bit outdated same is the bed. This hotel works for the average traveller but is not very luxorieus. The view is nice, over the highway into the sea so also quite noisy sitting on the terras. Breakfast was good and more then enough. The driveway is tricky to access for the first time, you pass it before you know and with beeping drivers behind you not a pleasure. The terras is nice to sit on in the evenings

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed with our 2 kids at Tamer Guesthouse and enjoyed the hospitality and warm welcome of George and his staff. George showed us arround in his own car and also made sure we new how to get around with our kids and public transport. Great location for exploring Haifa and Akko (Acre). There's a busy road downstairs, one might not like it, but it was actually entertainment for our 2 year old... Views are terrific.
Nice sizeable rooms, clean and well ecquiped. Breakfast plentyful and variable every day. We can very well recommend this place to other families!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2017

Not many hosts can be as good as George and his family to make you feel at home.
The guest house is in a privileged location in front of the Mediterranean sea, close to the beach, to the train and bus stations, and public transportation.
On arrival, George and his son Rany took me to a city tour, to show me the main sights. Next day, they dropped me in the Bahai gardens to begin my day.
The room is very complete and spacious, with a small terrace, kettle, refrigerator, tea, coffee, everything you need. Hot water and wifi working perfect.
Before arriving to Haifa I tried to arrange a tour to the Golan Heights and was no possible, but George made the tour for me.
Everyday I received a huge and delicious breakfast, and different every time.
Great great experience, I will recommend to all my friends traveling to Haifa

• Trip type: Travelled solo