All reviewsgreat view from the roofold cityarmenian quartercommon areaswestern wallvolunteersdavid
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Smelled like feet and urine. Dirty. Rude Staff. Overpriced. Loud.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank gmarlenes
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Reception: You have to pay up front even if your not happy no refunds. No guest pass the front area.

Lobby: Lights out by 12am there is a dorm room right there!

Room: It was really cold, they don't tell you that you have to rent a space heater for 20nis/night. The sheets were from someone's house and they forgot to wash them or change them from the next person. Luckly, I had a blanket from home I could wrap myself in, but I was grossed out and cold! There is no ventilation place is musty everywhere.

Bathroom: We stayed on the first floor and the bathroom was used by everyone that step foot into the facility, rooms 18 and 19 share the bathroom with everyone too...The hot water gives you 3mins then goes to lukewarm.

Internet: only in one area...the lobby!

Key: You have to turn key in to the receptionist every time you leave the facility.

SPEND THE EXTRA CASH AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank karlcast
Reviewed January 21, 2011

I stayed in the Citadel for 5 nights and found it entirely suited to what I needed. The location is unbeatable, the price was good and the facilities did their job. That said, yes the room (cave) I was in was a little overcrowded, and had no natural light, but for the price you're paying its worth it anyhow. The kitchens definitely need an upgrade as well. Staying for 5 nights I did get to experience all of the staff at different times. A special mention has to go to Michael and Adam who were both very helpful and friendly. Michael in particular made frequent mention to other staff of things that needed improving, which I thought showed a level of commitment to the standards they wanted to keep. On the other hand I found one older gentlemen (Jamil?) to be obstrustive and downright rude, organising a taxi should never be THAT difficult. Overall I would say the hostel did its job, nothing was outlandishly awful like other reviews have said (the toilet-showers are perfectly fine) and I would certainly come back.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2011

This place was so overbooked and crowded , they wanted to put us on the roof in the freezing cold! They put over 30 matresses all in a bad condition everywhere aaround the hostel and wanted 20 euros a night . They even had mattresses outside the common toilets. No area to even stand .

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank 124,567
Reviewed January 4, 2011

I am joining this site just to report how bad this place is.

They lost my booking (after taking my credit card details) overcharged me (in cash, but it was too late to find another place), tried to put me in a non-bed, then on the roof, then didn't record the second night of my stay. Their printer was broken so I didn't have a receipt to prove my original payment. They had to bump another guy (to the roof, in winter) to give me a bed. Cost me a good night's sleep. Oh wait no it didn't because the rooms here are overcrowded with makeshift beds and noise/light from the hang out spot where people (understandably) chat about their travels.

Come to the reception here and listen to the conversations had at the front desk, it's the same thing over and over again here

• Stayed: January 2011