All reviewsgreat view from the roofold cityarmenian quartercommon areaswestern wallvolunteersdavid
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

Citadel is in a great location in the Armenian quarter near the Wall and Tower of David and a 10 minute walk from Jaffa Gate.

I understand some of the reviews focusing on the negatives which are it's an old bldg with small rooms, tiny bathrooms and kitchen.

However, considering it's a hostel, not the King David Hotel; I still rate it excellentcfor the big positives outweighing the negatives.

First big positive is the view from the roof of the Western Wall, Dome of Rock, Hurva synagogue and churches is the best view from any Hostel I have ever stayed at and would probably rank in the top 50 views period in the world.

Second, the price I paid of 60 sheks was the lowest in town to sleep on the roof which is more fun than a dorm room. If you're in Jerusalem mainly looking for comfort and convenience and your a tourist; your priorities are off.

Third, there was an older guy there that was rude but the young desk manager Adam is the best worker I have ever met in a hostel and most hotels.

He is very professional, friendly. Knowledgeable and as a repeat customer treated me well.

The building is very old and needs renovating but also full of character and history.

So, I give Citadel 5 stars and it is the best hostel value in Jerusalem for the roof stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2017 via mobile

This hostel is probably one of the most authentic hostels you would see it is housed in an ancient building hundreds of years old you'd immediately feel like you're back in time.
Definitely would stay on the roof Terrace it have the best View of the old city and surroundings yet the house is clean affordable and the staff are very informative and nice highly recommended don't look anywhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank _barafan8
Reviewed July 30, 2017

My friend and I had booked two beds in a girls-only dormitory, but were very lucky to reach and be given a double private room instead (thank you to the huge group who had booked nearly the whole hostel out and allowed this to happen :)! ) The amenities are very basic, and we stayed on the opposite side, across the rooftop, in a space that was a bit far from the reception! Even if it took us a while to reach our room, we had our own privacy. The showers on that side of the hostel are together with the bathroom, no separate or levelled floors, so be ready to find it very dirty especially early morning or late night. There is a kitchen you can use to make food, and the staff is quite nice (and good looking!!), so I definitely reccomend! The location is great, in the middle of the Christian Quarter, a 3 minute walk to Jaffa Gate!

Room Tip: Rooms on the opposite side of the rooftop are more private but further away
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights and I absolutely loved it here. The venue is very cute and homely with a lot of Beduine style and accessories. The gen of this hostel is the rooftop. You can sleep up there and enjoy the skyline of old Jerusalem day and night ! The kitchen supply enough usentiles to cook your own meal to enjoy on the roof

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

The location is great. The facilities are relatively clean. I gave 2* because of the extreemly overcrowded dorm rooms. There were beds placed so close to eavh other that you could smell the other person. No ventilation in the rooms. Luggage storage is actually just an open corridor without any surveillance. The price does not correlate with quality.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo