All reviews east jerusalem damascus gate old city cultural experience english channels arab quarter free wifi minute walk room was clean and comfortable buffet style walking distance hotel is located pleasant stay roof terrace other hotels tel aviv very nice hotel
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Everything was great. The rooms were clean and quiet! Staff provided wonderful service. The meals were excellent and beautifully prepared. Walking distance to many wonderful, inspirational sights in Jerusalem.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I visited Jerusalem with a group from Greece. I have travel all over the world and this was the worst experience. First they stole $200 from my room, and when I talked with the reception they told me that never happened something like that in their hotel and I have to look more carefully to find them. The next day I talked with the manager of the hotel. Nobody informed him about it and he said he will check it and get back to me. He never did. He disappeared. He didn’t even apologize to me.The cleaning of the room was terrible. All the 6 days that we stayed the only thing that they did was empty the baskets and make the beds. Nothing else. I will never go back to this hotel and I don’t know how this hotel is still in business

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mariakH3130WN
Reviewed May 16, 2018

I booked a room from March 4 to 8. They canceled my reservation and kept my money. Then they offered me two days for the price of the four and I refused. Then they kept my money. This is a fraud all over the world. It is not so in Israel?.

Room tip: double room
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2018

Compared with other hotels more central, this was well priced for the area. It gets noisy with traffic but you've be hard pushed to avoid that anywhere, though the windows and balcony doors are double glazed. Rockerfeller park is 5 mins away, Herods gate is a 10-15 minute walk.

The staff on the 24hr check in desk are very helpful, providing maps of the old city and insight and routes to make the best of a short stay.

There is a roof terrace over the the 4th Floor with great views but no views of the old city, even on the city side, obscured by buildings but Dome of the Rock can be seen.

We stayed for 3 nights and the twin room was fairly basic. Free Wi-fi which was patchy on the upper floors, TV with some English channels (News etc) The air-conditioning was questionable, made a lot of noise but didn't cool too much. It was 32 degrees outside to be fair.

Breakfast was a buffet style with fresh juices, yoghurt, hummus, breads, cereal and some hot food, Egg, Sausage, Mushrooms, Tomatoes. As much as you like.

Overall a pleasant stay. The staff in particular where very helpful.

Room tip: 4th Floor Balconies have views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Uneven stay. Was part of a group staying at this hotel. Ate group meals (with other non-affiliated groups), and the food was quite good (breakfasts/dinners). Rooms were another thing, mostly lack of functioning air conditioning. Actually while the controller said it was working, all we got was hotter air! Not pleasant in a room at 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Mentioned this to the staff with not one positive result. My conclusion is that the hotel refused to turn on the a/c. Weird in a location that is hot to start with. During the first stay we were on a higher floor with a door leading to a balcony that we had to open to let in cooler air at night. Not exactly what I wanted to do in a strange city ( strange to us). 2nd stay during the trip we were on the 1st floor and there was no way we felt safe enough to open the door that night.

Trip type: Travelled with friends