All reviews east jerusalem damascus gate old city cultural experience english channels arab quarter free wifi minute walk room was clean and comfortable buffet style walking distance hotel is located pleasant stay roof terrace other hotels tel aviv very nice hotel
Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival at the hotel our taxi drive from Tel Aviv was shouted and verbally accosted by men and youth in the hotel parking lot as he dropped us off.(Not sure why) The driver was physically upset.
Inside all staff were pleasant helpful and polite.
The issue in the hotel we were in a construction zone with jackhammers and loud talking starting at 7am all days. You could not escape the noise. Do not stay in a room below the roof top deck as it is extremely loud when people are moving chairs and moving about.
A better warning or discount would have been appropriate.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2018

The Ritz is in a perfect location to walk to the Old City. Ramadan was going on the entire month we were there so there was lots of noise, traffic, horns blowing, and cannons going off in the middle of the night but what a cultural experience to remember! Highly recommend getting a balcony room. The hotel had a great buffet everyday for breakfast and dinner but was monotonous after 14 days. The A/C, beds, pillow were excellent, room 309, however there is minimal storage for 2 people sharing the room and the refrigerator didn't work. My favorite was spending time on the terrace every afternoon with a glass of wine you can purchase at the hotel. You can see so much of Jerusalem from there including the Dome of the Rock. All the staff was very friendly, smiling and spoke excellent English. They accommodated all who were celebrating Ramadan thru the early morning hours and still had great service to the 100 of us in a group.

Room tip: Room 309, balcony and close to the elevators. A/C is quiet and cold. The bedding was very nice and comfortable. Storage limited.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Everything was great. The rooms were clean and quiet! Staff provided wonderful service. The meals were excellent and beautifully prepared. Walking distance to many wonderful, inspirational sights in Jerusalem.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2018 via mobile

I visited Jerusalem with a group from Greece. I have travel all over the world and this was the worst experience. First they stole $200 from my room, and when I talked with the reception they told me that never happened something like that in their hotel and I have to look more carefully to find them. The next day I talked with the manager of the hotel. Nobody informed him about it and he said he will check it and get back to me. He never did. He disappeared. He didn’t even apologize to me.The cleaning of the room was terrible. All the 6 days that we stayed the only thing that they did was empty the baskets and make the beds. Nothing else. I will never go back to this hotel and I don’t know how this hotel is still in business

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank mariakH3130WN
Reviewed May 16, 2018

I booked a room from March 4 to 8. They canceled my reservation and kept my money. Then they offered me two days for the price of the four and I refused. Then they kept my money. This is a fraud all over the world. It is not so in Israel?.

Room tip: double room
Date of stay: March 2018