“Exceeded our expectations - wonderful experience with excellent tour guide.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Guided Tours Israel - Day Tours

Haifa Shore Excursion: Nazareth and Galilee Day Trip
Ranked #7 of 218 Tours in Jerusalem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer private and small-group tours at unbeatable prices with personal pick-up and drop-off from the hotel or cruise ship. We look forward to welcoming you in Israel for a wondeful and memorable experience!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Newport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceeded our expectations - wonderful experience with excellent tour guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2011

We booked two tours from Haifa while our cruise ship was berthed in the city. We were met at the port and travelled arround in a very comfortable air conditioned vehicle with an extremely knowledgable and experienced guide. We would have no hesitation in recommending this company to others.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Diane H

• Hebrew first
San Francisco, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Swift Positive Action”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We had arranged 3 Private Tours with Guided Tours Israel for Oct. 30-Nov. 1, 2011. The evening before docking in Ashdod, we got work from Celebrity Cruises that the Ashdod Port was hit by terrorist from the Gaza strip. The ship diverted to the Northern port of Haifa, about 2 hours away from Ashdod. My concern was that our private guide was to meet us in Ashdod in 8 hours. The ship opened all the internet lines as a complimentary gesture to all the passengers who had to contact their tour companies. As I checked my email, Guided Tours Israel had already sent me an email offering me alternatives to my tours. I didn't respond to them until 6 AM the next morning after making decisions on our tours and by 7:30 AM, my name was written on the manifest of a group tour to Jerusalem. Impressive!
Due to the lack of private vehicles, tour guides having to shelter in place in Ashdod and time constraints, Guided Tours Israel offered me a group tour (Small group of about 35 people) at a significantly reduced rate.
Despite the chaos and a few delays, they made up for the confusion and was very accommodating. I know a number of people were really upset because of the arrangements but under the circumstances, it was a pleasant experience. They made a good effort in working things out. I want to thank Zahi Shaked (an excellent guide) Alon, Leo and Sylvie of Guided Tours Israel. Thank you for working hard to make things work, even in the worst circumstances.
I would use them again.

7 Thank Travelbuff82
Guided-Tours-Israel, Manager at Guided Tours Israel - Day Tours, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Thank you for the nice review!

Indeed - what a challenge this was... Imagine that the ship only announced that it will not be docking at the port of Ashdod at 11pm the night before arrival... We had to work all night to get access to the port of Haifa instead and make sure that we were ready for everyone in time at 8:00am in the morning. We had no doubt that we would be able to do this and of course we emailed everyone immediately to let them know. Many guests were not able to access their email accounts on the ship but were of course very happy to see us waiting for them at the port of Haifa. We know that many other private guides and companies left their guests stranded and we were happy to be able to assist them as well. Thank you for sharing this experience for everyone to read!
STL
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Awesome Israel tours with GTI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was on the 6Nov11 sailing of the Celebrity Constellation and had arranged private tours for all 3 days in Israel with GTI. I handled all arrangements via email with Leo, who was very good at responding to my various questions regarding how much time would be allowed at Yad Vashem, the Dead Sea, etc. Additionally, we were not sure whether our sailing would make port in Ashdod, as the previous sailing of the same ship bypassed Ashdod because of some unrest in the area, so Leo and I maintained contact up to our arrival in Ashdod. I was also able to help out some fellow cruise passengers by adding them at the last minute to my tours when their arrangements through a different tour company fell through.

For our first two tours from Ashdod, our tour guide was Ami (sorry, but I didn't get his last name; however, his girlfriend Hadar is also a guide with GTI). Ami was very good, as was our driver, and we had a 3-month old Mercedes coach. Because our ship was late in getting clearance, we were almost an hour later than we should have been getting off. But Ami made sure we still had enough time to see and do everything as promised (Yad Vashem, Jerusalem/Wailing Wall, etc.). We managed to keep Ami for day two's trip to Masada and the Dead Sea. We even talked Ami into an additional stop on the way back through Jerusalem at Mount Scopus at twilight - what a beautiful sight!

On day three out of Haifa, our guide was Hillel Meyer. I can't say enough about how wonderful Hillel was. He is working on his PhD, and his knowledge of the history of Israel is impressive, yet he is able to convey the information in a way that is easy to understand, and his enthusiasm is infectious. He took the time to learn a bit about of each of us in the group, and by the time our tour was over I felt like I had truly made a new friend in Hillel.

I whole-heartedly recommend GTI to everyone. Here's their web site:

Cynthia

3 Thank GriffOnGriffOff
ayrshire
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Excellent service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

The booking system is first class - all queries answered very promptly, and with good humour. Half the price of cruise ship's tours, without the "big bus" problems. My husband couldn't make it one day, and the money was refunded without quibble. Definitely recommended.

1 Thank dexter05
LaConner, WA
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Amazing introduction to Israel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

We arranged a private tour with Guided Tours Israel for three of the days we were in Israel during a Mediterranean cruise this past fall. We did a significant amount of research into options for tours in Israel since 8 of us were travelling together and all of us were "first-time visitors." There are LOTS of companies offering private tours but we decided to plan ours with Guided Tours Israel after reading favorable reports from TripAdvisor.com and receiving virtually immediate response to my e-mail inquiries. We have become real "fans" of private tours when we realized how much more we could see in a limited amount of time--and how it could reflect our personal interests. We were scheduled to be in Ashdod for two days and another two in Haifa so we worked with Guided Tours Israel to plan appropriate tours for these two ports. Our ship's itinerary was changed virtually hours before we were due to dock in Ashdod when the Port was closed with the threat of terrorist activity. Subsequently we were diverted to Haifa instead for our entire four days in Israel. We heard that many other cruise passengers had booked private tours and ended up with tours that didn't end up being "private" due to the last minute change in where we were now docked. But our guide, Ido Heruty, was there waiting for us when we arrived--so we felt extremely lucky. He talked with us about our individual backgrounds and expectations for our visit to Israel. He went out of his way to use this information to share his passion and incredible knowledge with the 8 of us for the three very full days that we spent with him. Jerusalem would have been a LONG day under the best of circumstances--and we anticipated that our plans would be abbreviated significantly due to the very lengthy drive involved and late start from Haifa. But Ido went out of his way to "pack" as much as possible into the time we had available for each of our days in Israel. We never felt rushed, even though it was a much more lengthy trip for him to make. His frequent description of Israel was "it's complicated". He is truly a scholar with a unique perspective. He shared information with humor and passion and allowed us to come away with a new appreciation of Israel and it's rich history. We would highly recommend Guided Tours Israel for travellers wishing to be involved in planning their visit to Israel.

Visited October 2011