I stayed at this hotel 4 nights with my mother in January, Things started out well when we checked into this hotel. On the 3rd night however I couldn't sleep when I laid down at 12am because I heard loud clanking from the area downstairs to the point that the wall was vibrating behind the bed. I called the front desk and complained every 30 minutes and finally they found the problem was the dishwasher was smashing dishes around this late at night!
After not sleeping most the night and canceling half of my tour for the next morning for needing to sleep in I informed the front desk staff I will be checking out a day early because of this horrible experience. The woman at the front desk was extremely apologetic and informed her manager I intended to leave as she called me when I returned to the room. I also advised her why I was leaving and she also was extremely apologetic and offered to upgrade me for the evening. When I said I wasn't interested she asked me to please at least check out the room she was offering. It was indeed an amazing room and we agreed to stay in the upgraded room the last night while paying the rate for the original room we booked. She even arranged to have our bags moved for us while we started our now half day tour.
When we returned I was confronted by the man at the front desk on my way to the restaurant who informed me I needed to pay now for my incidentals. I told him I left a card when I checked in and to charge that card. He informed me the hotel mistakingly released this charge and couldn't charge it again. I informed him I will talk to the manager in the morning who I had spoke with that morning. He laughed with a Cheshire cat grin and agreed that would be fine. We then went sat to eat he and all he male waiters gathered and talked about us for our entire meal about 10 meters from our table. I know this because they glared at us most the evening, pointed several times towards the building we moved to and also talked about our taxi driver who also complained to the desk after hearing our story. It was a miserable evening and had I known this was going to happen I would have just left like I planned on doing.
I straightened out the bill when I checked out in the morning (like most hotel guests do) and was on my way. This is a very nice hotel but the male staff is lacking especially 2nd shift. If you stay don't deal with them and if you eat in the hotel ask for the female waitress. She's amazing and very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegant, historical Boutique Hotel with complimentary hi speed WiFi in all guest rooms and public areas, complimentary use of business centre and 20 minutes free local & international calls. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The American Colony Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- American Colony Jerusalem
- American Colony Hotel Jerusalem