All reviews tour group breakfast and dinner educational opportunities damascus gate old city holy land tour served buffet style within walking distance lovely hotel dining rooms four nights american colony wi fi enjoyed my stay salad east jerusalem light rail
Reviewed June 15, 2016

Hotel is a little run down but fine for the price. However, the customer service is TERRIBLE! I emailed them to confirm my reservation since I booked through a third party and they never emailed back. Then, when I arrived, the people at the front desk were very unfriendly and unhelpful - one of the women had a major attitude and seemed like calling a taxi for me was the biggest job ever. To top it off, my tour guide had dropped off an item I left with him at the front desk for me to pick up. I went to get it about 7 hours after he dropped it off and they could find it and then looked at me like there was nothing they could do, even though someone on their staff was the one who misplaced it or stole it. After pressuring them a bit more, they said they'd email me once they asked the guy on duty when the item was dropped off and they'd ship it to me, but they never did. I emailed them to follow up and again didn't receive a response. Basically, this a big tour bus hotel that must make all their money from contracts they have with tour companies, so if you are an individual traveler, don't bother staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Y6353SQrachelb
OliveTreeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We really apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through during your stay. Unfortunately we did not receive any email regarding confirmation of your reservation, and this is why we couldn't reply to you.

We would like to inform you that after checking very carrefuly, we couldn't find any package left for you. We would be very happy to help you, and we would appreciate if you could send us an email to the following address (shalom@olivetreehotel.co.il) with more details about the package itself and with the name of the person that left you the package, for further verification and we will be in contact with you.

Thank you for staying with us and we wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed June 13, 2016

I have been 3 nights in june , good and comfortable hotel very useful position . excellent the breakfast , only a bit too much low temperature in the breakfast room in US style...... Very well the acustic isolation in the rooms.

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

Decent hotel price is reasonable, breakfast is great! It's within walking distance to old city and very close to tram! Only downside is it's not close to any stores or shops just two other hotels! No entertainment inside hotel! Hotel is clean, rooms are comfortable

Trip type: Travelled with family
OliveTreeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2016

Dear Robert,
Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We're happy you enjoyed our hotel facilities and food, as well as our location close to the Old City. With the tram near by there's an easy access (less than 10 min. drive) to Jerusalem city center filled with coffee shops, bars, restaurants and other shops. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed May 23, 2016

I did not like the location of the hotel. Also the rooms were very worn and need updating. Two nights I did not have air conditioning. One night it was fixed. The next night when I called they said it was too late. Would not stay there again.

Room tip: Do not stay here!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
OliveTreeHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Olive Tree Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2016

Dear Debra,
Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us, and we apologize for the malfunction of your air conditioner. We take our guests reviews seriously and try to learn for them, to help us improve our services and facilities.

Reviewed May 22, 2016 via mobile

We spent four nights at Olive Tree on our recent trip to Israel. The facilities were pretty standard, as were the staff and the breakfast. It seems that most of the guests were part of large tour groups, and the hotel is certainly well-suited for that purpose. I would've preferred something smaller and quainter, but that's on me and not on the hotel.

Olive Tree is an easy 10 minute walk to the Damascus Gate onto the Old City. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of good options for things to do or places to eat right around the hotel (again, this is no the fault of the hotel).

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to write us this review. We try to give all of our guest the best traveling experience we can. The Hotel itself has an antique feeling but with all the modern facilities any traveler could need: from an ATM Machine, Flat screen TV with free internet, free international calls, shops, free parking, Lobby bar and more. The hotel is very close to the Old city as you said, and 20 min walk from down town Jerusalem, with shops, cafes, pubs and restaurants. We hope you enjoyed our beautiful city and country. We hope to see you again in the future.