“The Best Knafeh and M'tabak in the Middle East!”
Review of Jaffar Sweets

Jaffar Sweets
Ranked #2 of 21 Dessert in Jerusalem
Reviewed April 4, 2018

No one will say the Knafeh at Jafar is NOT good, and many proclaim it to be the best in Jerusalem, Israel, or even the Middle East. From my personal experience (and while I haven't been all over the Middle East, I've had the knafeh at quite a few places in Israel), I would definitely tend to agree with the latter! I've had some very good knafeh in Abu Ghosh and the bakery section in the King Store in Beer Sheva makes surprisingly good knafeh as well -- but none have come close to what you get at Jafar's. I also tried Jafar's m'tabak (which I had never had before) -- also an amazing cheese pastry, made with the same type of cheese as used in the knafeh, just within a pastry shell rather than the kada'if that covers the knafeh. Whether you take the knafeh or m'tabak (or both!) or anything else at Jafar's, you can't go wrong...

1  Thank igal27

Reviewed February 14, 2018

knafeh is my new favorite dessert. you have to taste it. they make it fresh every day. if you want to read more at my blog eating with Dvir in jerusalem at travel well fly safe dot com

Reviewed January 29, 2018

The best place in Jerusalem for sweets.
And the best knaffeh.
Prices are good.take away service.
great memories

Reviewed January 13, 2018

Unlike most restaurants in the Old City, which are the typical tourist trap, this is an authentic place serving great sweets. Try semolina knafe, which in my opinion is better than regular.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

I think I went back to this place at least five times during my holiday. I could net get enough of the kanafa. It became a fix for me every time I entered the city. Freshly made, warm and delicious. A large tourist group popped by one afternoon that I was enjoying my dessert and coffee and I was impressed at how quickly and efficiently they served everyone.