“Ouzeria next door - staff was awesome - food was delicious ”
Review of Ouzeria

Ouzeria
Ranked #47 of 1,844 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

The Ouzeria was fully booked, but we got send to the “Ouzeria next door”
(that is next door )
Food was amazing & the staff as well!

Love the sign on the toilet

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Arrived as a party of 5 for a quick lunch. Ordered a few starters ( the cauliflower, the hot bread with spinach dip & even the simple salad ware well prepared. The cauliflower was simply delicious). The main courses were the squid ink pasta with sardines ( would order this for 1 lunch every week without regret ), the beef loin on pitta bread and chicken souvlaki were delightful and all my friends liked whatever they ordered. The service was fast, polite and with a smile. I truly recommend to visit this funky little restaurant.

Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

We were 7 people for dinner at 19:00.
The small dishes are small but very tasty and not expensive.
The first main dish arrive by 20:00, than every 10 minutes other dish come to the table, and because of the waitress mistake the last didn’t arrive until 20:50. We ask to cancel it , and to order deserts but they refuse and say we must leave cause the next table arrive. All our explanations that it was very bad timing on their side, but they just through ask the bill and ask us to pay and leave. Never has such experience in my life. All of us was shocked.
It’s nice place for couples but not for groups.
If you like arrogant and rude service -that’s the place

1  Thank Guy_Ruth
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

We went to the place due to TripAdvisor‘s recommendations. To make it clear already before: I traveled almost 50 countries and I am the last person who is greedy.
The restaurant was full, so there was only space at the bar. We ordered 3 dishes to share (the waitress said 3-4 dishes are enough). The food came quite fast, was good in terms of quality, but very very small portions (in relation to the price). One dish was totally salty, couldn’t taste anymore the ingredients. The other 2 dishes were good.
However until then so far everything was okay. Until we asked for the bill. We knew already from our israelian friend that 10% tip are absolutely fine if the service was good. We thought a bill of 146 we could give 155, because we were sitting at the bar first (so not really a service), the food was good, but overpriced for what it was and one dish was totally salty (pasta Fresca; by the way I like salty food, but it was way too much). However then the waitress replied to me 155 is not enough and gave me my credit card back and said we should give more. We didn’t agree. So she didn’t take my credit card and ignored us. Then another waitress came by and asked if everything is okay. We said we would like to pay: please make 155. Then she also complained it is not enough tip we have to give more. It was such a rude behavior. We resisted on paying not more. They didn’t say anything, didn’t say thank you or have a nice evening. Very arrogant and rude behavior. Now I regret already to have paid 155 for food which was okay in average, we are still hungry and the service was bad. Never ever again. Usually I only write good recommendations - but this place I must say: Stay away!

1  Thank annasS6310NG
Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

The food is very very good!! Both lunch and dinner. Great atmosphere, very friendly service. And just very good food. Cannot order a table in a advance, but even if you wait it is worth the wait.