Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Tara ✨
Toronto, Canada

Not Impressed AT ALL

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 8, 2018
I want to begin this review by stating that I rarely ever, if never, give a poor review (check my history) and will always try to find a redeeming quality or something positive but with that being said, below is my honest impression of this hotel.

I was really looking forward to my stay in Tel Aviv and from photos this hotel looked great. When we arrived, we waited about 15 minutes before anyone even greeted us, let alone check us in. Once we were checking in, he front desk attendant was not friendly at all and felt very dismissive towards us when I had mentioned that I received an email from Expedia as a VIP member that said I would be eligible for a free upgrade. She told me I was wrong (even thought I had the email up) and urged us to get on out way into out room. I had booked a partial sea view family suite at $600/night and was disgusted upon entering the 3rd floor room (not at all a suite) looking over a garage filled yard with a crevice view of the sea. Because I had booked on Expedia, I received a survey on my check in experience to which I had rated poor. The next morning after a terrible sleep in the rock hard bed, I had an email from the PR manager who invited me onto the 18th floor business lounge as a compliment to my check in experience. While this floor had nice views and some snacks during the day, I came here one to enjoy it as most of my time was spent off the hotel grounds. She requested to meet me on this floor on the Sunday and when I came that morning she was not there. Having missed her and been on my way to Jerusalem, I received a call and an email from her requesting that I change my bad review to a positive one.

In addition to the terrible room and terrible service, nothing else is very appealing here. The food at the pool was bad, my husbands burger came raw and still frozen in the center, the gym was basically a hallway and the pool closes at 630pm, meaning you cannot even watch the sunset from the pool. In addition to this, the only pool they have, their outdoor pool, is completely covered from the sun making it cold and windy under the shade. Furthermore almost everyone in the hotel was rude and it was very unpleasant to be treated the way we were. The doormen were rude, the pool service was rude and as I mentioned the check in counter was rude.

While I was in Tel Aviv, I received an invite from The Norman hotel to come by and view their property and join them for dinner. This hotel was far better than Royal Beach and I'm sure there are several other better beach from properties than this one. Overall, I would not recommend anyone to stay here, especially if it were priced at a fraction of what I paid. Please look elsewhere.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
2.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
1.0 of 5 bubblesService
Responded Jun 17, 2018
Dear Luxe Tourista
Thank you for your very important review.
we take every review very seriously.
I am really sorry for all the inconvenience you experienced and very sorry not to have met you although I tried several times.
This is certainly not the standard to be expected from Royal Beach Tel Aviv. Your review is taken very seriously and will be discussed with the relevant Department Heads.
C$319
    C$529
1.8 km from Royal Beach Tel Aviv
View more hotels in Tel Aviv
2,920 results
All reviews business lounge pool area is executive room breakfast buffet carmel market spa israel concierge jaffa sea tel design kosher shabbat mediterranean tlv boardwalk
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the royal hotel for one night. Location is great right next to the beach.
Room was very clean. Personal at the reception were very kind. Poolis awsome and clean and food in the pool area was tasty

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank liat f
Reviewed June 4, 2018

The welcome, the breakfasts, the restaurant everything was perfect. We offered this stay for the birthday of our father (84 years), I made a request by email to the hotel for my father and his birthday and I must say that this is the first time a hotel realized more than needed. My parents were happy. I had no doubt because I know this hotel and the chain that I recommend eyes closed. thanks for them

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2018

The location was amazing close to everything. The rooms and housekeeping 5 stars. Breakfast and the dinner cooked by a chef couldn't be beat for such a young chef. Now the staff wonderful all around front and back. Would highly recommend coming from 2 New Jerseyan's.

Room tip: 19 floor good view to the beach
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Benny L, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Beach Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Dear rios1154
Thank you so much for such a great review
It has been a great pleasure for us hosting you here and we
look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed May 30, 2018 via mobile

Perfect location and wonderful service in the hotel. Nice swimming pool and spa included. Nice bar a delicious food in the restaurant. Room was very comfortable with interesting design. We had a good holidays in this hotel and recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank iavinocur

Dear iavinocur
Thanks so much for your great feedback.
I am glad you liked us and that all aspects of your stay were very good.
We will be more than happy to have you back
warmest regards

Reviewed May 30, 2018

pictures of the hotel on typical booking websites are stunning, with the slightly curved pool overlooking the beach. well, unfortunately this must be what it looks like in winter, as for the 2 days we were there not only it was overcrowded, but we couldn't find a single sun-bed to enjoy the pool, at all.
the thing is that they allow non hotel guests to the pool and the spa, so anybody can just walk in, pay a day ticket and grab a place. eventually, you'll find dozens of locals of any age packed in the area, and frankly for that price (around USD 470 per night) you'd expect something more.
another couple of things: room is small, there is no coffee cream next to the kettle, noise can be heard from the adjacent room. last but not least, there is no privacy in the room: the bathroom door is basically useless, so you end up sharing the whole experience, even the one in the loo. the sliding door handle is a big squared hole, and the trails on which the door moves are not well designed, the pictures I attach will explain what I mean. anyway, terrible.
the area is, as often in tel aviv, a mix of run-down buildings and new skyscrapers, staff is nice, but overall definitely not worth the money spent, not at all.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ad L
Benny L, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Beach Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2018

Dear adlimina
Thank you for writing us your important review.
I know that the hotel was fully booked and i apologize for any inconvenience you
went through.
We host only hotel guests in the pool. There is a security guy at the entrance to make sure only guests can come in.
Your remarks were forwarded to all relevant managers and I will be more than happy if you will e-mail me to: ruhamaa@isrotel.co.il