“Comfortable stay for a good value”
Review of Hotel Misk

Hotel Misk
Ranked #36 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed at the Misk Hotel for three days while touring Jordan. I decided to stay there because at the time I reserved Misk was the #2 rated hotel for Amman and the price could not be beat elsewhere. Misk certainly lived up to my expectations and is a great value.

My room was well appointed with the basics. It was clean and the bathroom was of particular high quality. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of space for my suitcase and to put clothes in the closet. I could not figure out how to get the TV to work, but did not care enough to ask the front desk. The free wi-fi was a huge plus and worked without issue. I had only two minor complaints. 1) I did not think there were enough electrical outlets in the room. I found one European outlet and two UK outlets. No outlets there the bed for night time phone charging. There was also no shaver outlet in the bathroom. 2) the bathroom would benefit from a proper counter at the sink. There was only a small rack to the side that was filled by the soap dish on one level and drinking glasses on the second level. I was forced to put my toiletries on the ledge across from the sink and go back and forth when getting ready in the morning.

Some reviewers complained about the street noise but i had no issues. I was in room 103 and could see the street from my window. Never heard a thing. Also the breakfast is a bit minimal but adequate. The first morning there was an omelet station, but not the next. Not sure why the difference. The hotel was also kind enough to arrange for some croissants and juice the morning I left at 4am.

The desk staff was wonderfully helpful and would write street names in Arabic for me to hand to cab drivers. Taxis to the old town and rainbow street were under 2 JD. The hotel is new and no taxi driver I used knew where it was. But the key holder has a useful map that each driver was able to use to figure out where to go.

All in all a solid hotel for a good price. Would considering staying again if I return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank rocketsfan007

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We only stayed one night on our way between Jerash and the Dead Sea, but it was a great option. We were given interconnecting non-smoking rooms. Both very clean and spacious. Breakfast was the only disappointment, not much choice, but definitely the basics.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Newly built and well furnished has a very good position in Amman. The staff is kind and helpful any time of the day and the rooms are well equipped and perfectly cleaned. Everything is working perfectly and the bathroom has excellent furniture.
High speed Internet is free, and a good breakfast is included in the room rate, making the Hotel Misk probably the best price/service hotel in Amman.
It may be defined a very good business hotel with international standard at a great price.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed there 2 times a 1 days, after arrival and before leaving Jordan. This hotel we found randomly in internet. Rooms are small but new and clean, staff is very helpful, breakfast and internet is included. Recommendable for short stay.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have booked the hotel and had a swift confirmation, but I asked for directions to the hotel from the airport. I have emailed 4 times and telephoned and still not got any reply! If I can't find it I can't stay there! There is no map or directions on the website and I'm thinking I'll have to cancel my booking....very poor

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou332
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Rooms are smallish but well equipped and very clean.
Breakfast was OK with a mix of European and Arabic food.
Staff were very pleasant and helpful.
The hotel is in a better part of Amman but there are no restaurants in the vicinity. The hotel restaurant didn't look that exciting.
Our only grouch is that we arrived at 10PM but had to wait for 30 minutes for our room to be made available.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank AnOxfordCouple
Reviewed 21 March 2012

We stayed at the Misk for the first night in Jordan and our last night after our tour of Jordan. Like previous reviews, would strongly recommend this hotel for a one night stay. The room was clean and fairly spacious.
We had arranged prior to our arrival with the hotel for airport pickup for $30US and was not disappointed. It took out the hassle after a long flight of having to find transport to the hotel.
The breakfast was average with a mixture of western and Arabic food, although too be honest nothing special but ok to see you through until lunch. The hotel is located about 40 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from downtown.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple