“Not far to all genders”
Review of Toledo

Toledo
Ranked #254 of 766 Restaurants in Amman
Dining options: Buffet
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This place was a nice hotel, nice food, and excellent staff, though they did not speak good English. This would have been a four-star hotel if the pool would have been usable for all genders. After a long hot day, we come back to the hotel and call the reception and ask if they have a pool. The answer was not audible, so my grandmother and I went down to the reception, and they said that women were not permitted near the pool area. There was a workout area and some other places for women, but all were under construction. There was good food and nice staff, but the pool was a big problem. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone till this problem has been addressed. I will definitely not be coming back with my family

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I had shish kebab one day and shish tarqoosh another. Both had lots of flavor, I liked the veggies that came with it, but nothing too special.

Reviewed January 7, 2018

We stayed at the Toledo Hotel in Amman and ate at the restaurant on our first night. We ordered a vegetarian pizza as that was the best known item if you're a vegetarian. The pizza was thin crusted and really good and tasty. For 4 JOD, it was a good meal for 2 people. The buffet costs 16 JOD. The restaurant was practically empty that evening but the service was quite good. A nice place to eat; the decor is distinctly Mediterranean!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

We stayed here for 3 nights in a twin room. The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. Only negative was that the door between the bedroom and bathroom had a gap around it by design, so didn't shut properly.
Staff were generally friendly. Breakfast offered a range of options, all of which were fresh and well maintained. We had dinner here one night, my husband had the buffet and thought the range and quality was very good. I had a chicken dish from the menu which was lovely.
There are two entrances to the hotel, one from L7 (top) and one from the ground floor. From the top entrance it is about a 10 minutes’ walk uphill from Firas square and from the bottom entrance it's about a 30 minute walk downhill to downtown and the Roman Theatre, a walk we highly recommend at night.
We had searched for nearby restaurants within walking distance before we arrived and didn't realise how hilly Amman is. There are steep steps in lots of places, so some places aren't quite as easy to walk to you as the distances suggest. As long as you have the energy, this isn't a problem and we found the area to be safe and the people friendly.

Reviewed April 28, 2017

We stayed at the beginning and end of our trip. On both occasions found the rooms clean and comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful and the food excellent.