“TAKE A BOW.....TOLEDO HOTEL STAFF !”
Review of Toledo Amman Hotel

Toledo Amman Hotel
Ranked #14 of 150 Hotels in Amman
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Its not very often that I write a review simply to compliment the Staff of a particular establishment, however on this occasion its completely warranted.
Take a bow all employees of the Toledo Hotel !
I had the privilege of staying in this hotel from the 1st to the 6th March 2012.
Lovely room ( Bathroom did require an upgrade ) fantastic food ( Breakfast & Dinner ) and
outstanding staff. Everything that could possibly be asked of hotel staff was met with a friendly and helpful response.
Mo'yad at Reception ,Abdullah and Ahmed in the Restaurant are three people that I must mention in particular, however ALL the staff we met were helpful and friendly.
Also do avail of the hotels tour booking service. We reserved a Car & Driver to take us to all the important tourist sites over a 5 day period. It was efficient and reasonably priced.
Our driver Tareq M Qalyoubi was excellent and I would highly recommend him . Please note this is not a guided tour service but it is a very comfortable and efficient way to travel in Jordan. You decide where and when you wish to travel and you also have the option to stop or alter your trips at will.
I will return to Amman and I will definitely stay in the Toledo Hotel again.
Take a bow Staff & Management !

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Redjer
ToledoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Toledo Amman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

Well, we take a bow back to you in appreciation. Thank you for the original title you chose. It is our priority to make sure the staff makes every effort possible to ensure the comfort of our travelling guest. We know the importance of feeling comfortable in a foriegn land and at ease in your surrounding and I am glad we achieved it. We look forward to rolling out the red carpet for you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

Toledo Amman is a nice solid hotel for a trip to Jordan. The staff at reception are friendly and attentive, the rooms are fine and the location is good (right between old and new Amman), with access to shops.
My requirement for staying at this hotel was that a tour i had booked used this as the start and end point of the journey, since I was arriving a day early i didn't know whether to book here to save messing around a day later or go with a known brand in case the Toledo was not very good (other tour experience). After several reviews I decided to just stay at the Toledo and I am glad I did.
If starting a trip, ending a trip or spending time in Amman for a few days I would definitely recommend Toledo. It may not be the flashiest hotel, but it has all the resources needed (except bar area) however there is a liquor shop 5 minute walk away on the route to a shopping area, the staff are friendly and exceptionally trustworthy regarding leaving valuables in room and the rooms are good. The Toledo has easy access to old Amman where from the side of the hotel you can see the mosque, and a short walk to theatre ruins.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Damian G

Hello, we are also glad you decided to give us a chance. I am very glad we met your expectations. We are extremely appreciative for taking the time and so elequently describe the hotel. Your comments will help many future guests make an informed decision and as for us we promise to provide the same level of service. Ahlan wa sahlan (most welcome)

Reviewed 27 February 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in Feb 2012. We stayed the first 3 nights at the Ramada and transferred here for the last 4 nights (Ramada was part of a tour). We loved this hotel from the moment we arrived; lovely mosaic entrance and arabian style lobby - so much more character. We were given a triple room; which was very nice. The breakfasts and dinners were very tasty with plenty of choice (much better food than Ramada). The staff were really friendly and helpful; especially when I stupidly locked my padlock key inside my suitcase. They sent somebody up straight away to file off the padlock for me. We both loved the swimming pool and hot tub; there's also a very well equipped gym if you like that sort of thing, and they do classes such as Yoga too. Jordanian custom dictates that men and women must be seperated when partaking in these activities so it is men only or women only depending on what day it is. Wi-fi is free in the lobby, and there's a nice room with a TV where you can sit and surf the net or whatever. The hotel is quite quirky in that the lobby is on the 7th floor, due to it being built on a hill, so you travel down to your room rather than up. Outside the ground floor entrance is a big bus station area that gets taken over on a friday by a huge second hand souk.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank llijorak

Can we hire you as a marketing consultant :-)...??. Please allow us to use some of your comments and style to attract future guests. We cannot thank you enough for taking the time to write and detail your experience the way you did. We also hope your imprssion of your entire trip to Jordan was just as good. We sincerely hope you have the chance to visit us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anybody who wants to come and stay for a short break, my room could do with being updated but given the age of the hotel its not bad.
I would come back and stay for a short break, the staff are very good and very helpful and obliging the food is great and the restaurant isn't bad.
overall a 4+ hotel

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Steeny1100

Just taking the time to write makes us feel proud. We at Toledo thank you for your kind comments and nice recommendations. We look forward to being of service again.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

We felt we were really looked after when we arrived, we wanted to change rooms and were supported to do that immediately. Most of the staff were so helpful and thoughtful towards us.
The breakfast is amazing and we enjoyed it everyday and especially my 9 year old who loved the fluffy pancakes! We left at 5.30am and they had breakfast laid out and also gave us 3 bottles of water and some Arab sweets to take to the airport.
We had a fantastic driver Abu Saleem who was a knowledgeable, experienced guide - he also didn't smoke and speaks excellent English so for us he was perfect. Go for him if you can! He also assisted us to take a day trip to Israel with the minimum of fuss. We had 5 good days of trips to Mount Nebo, Kerak, the Dead Sea, Israel, Madaba and the Hot Springs!
My daughter wants to write she really liked the fact they could all speak English in the hotel.
Ahmad E in the dining room was especially helpful. The ladies of the gym and swimming pool were lovely and helpful lending our daughter a swim cap. Men and women have separate days be aware.

The negatives are the shower in the bathroom leaked every time we showered so the floors were wet and we had to use lots of towels which defeats the idea of eco conservation of towels.

The only English non news channel which was really good was very frustrating because the signal is very weak - you'd be watching a brilliant film after a hard day of travelling and it would cut out. Called them to fix it but they couldn't do anything.

The internet in the internet room is slow and weak signal but good opposite reception on your own laptop.

Sadly, on the last day after having the loveliest staff treatment my husband overheard a particular reception staff member and the kitchen staff laughing about me - his wife so not so nice a note to end what was otherwise a wonderful trip. This really hurt our feelings - and my daughter still doesn't know this happened as it would hurt her memory and feelings of her excellent holiday in Jordan. Staff should be careful because lots of people understand Arabic.

Room Tip: We chose a studio room 310 - no view but so comfortable. They added a bed for our daughter. We origi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bee B
ToledoHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Toledo Amman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dearest Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write. It is greatly appreciated. It seems that we achieved our goal in every way and your memories of Jordan will remain in your heart. As for the incident on the last day, you cannot imagine the amount of training that the staff had to undergo to avoid from happening again. On behalf of the said personnel and the entire staff, please accept our apology and thank you for drawing our attention to this matter.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel for about four nights. You walk in and see the beautiful lobby and u will be greeted by friendly smiles, people who are willing to make sure that your stay at the hotel is a pleasurable one . The staFf really go out of their way to make u feel at home . I found my room to be extremely clean and cosy which was perfect for me. Breakfast and the spread was delicious ,you have to try the pancakes. The location is wonderful and getting around is not a problem its a five minute walk to the king Hussain Mosque and right across the road is the Coptic and Greek Orthodox Church. You will find a bank Taxis are readily availble. If u keen on a workout A gym is available at the hotel. I truely enjoyed my stay at this hotel and when in Amman will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Nahdiah

Your comments are awsome. Kindly accept this additional eSmile :)))))

Reviewed 30 January 2012

This is a really lovely hotel. We got upgraded to a suite by the incredibly friendly reception staff and the room was really, really lovely.
It was beautiful and clean with complimentary chocolates and water.
The bed was incredibly comfortable and the breakfast buffet is superb.
The only thing to mention is that the TV only has 2 UK channels and our hairdryer didnt work but that is the only complaint we would have, It was a great stay for a great price and the staff are very very friendly.

Room Tip: Be a bit cheeky and ask for an upgrade.. just in case!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LDTravel123

Thank you for taking the time to write. Well, you are our lovely guest also :-) . We will be installing a new satellite network in the next few weeks that would give our guests more viewing choices. As for the hairdryer, there is a little on/off switch on the side that many guest are overlooking and which we will mark to make more visible. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write.