“Excellent quality service with amazing food presentation”
Review of TopKapi

TopKapi
Ranked #20 of 738 Restaurants in Riyadh
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Called to reserve for 3 people...I know 3 people right? But I called since it's our first visit and we are not familiar with the place so we had to make sure of its location. We arrived just minutes before the Magrib prayer time and we were greeted by a gentleman in a suit, we were told to proceed upstairs. Good that they do have an elevator since my dad will not make it up using the stairs, bad knee. We are then greeted by the floor manager and showed us our table, all staff are friendly and welcomed us.
Since it's a special occasion, we asked for the house specialty and he explained to us how it is prepared, cooked and served, we also ordered mixed appetizer for 2, Turkish bread (very soft), the fish on a clay pot sautéed with tomato and onions, drinks and big bottled water 1L. For the soda, they only serve small bottles like 200ml, so be prepared for that, and be healthy.
We were given Arabic coffee while we are having our appetizers, not too strong like the usual Arabic coffee that I take. I was surprised and confused though since on the menu it was written mixed appetizer for 2 served with hors d'oeuvres, but there were no hors d'oeuvres only mixed dips, so my dad asked me if that was really our order. When the special food came, I was amazed by how it was served, I have only watched it on videos, so seeing it on actual feels so special.
Food was good, not a wow factor, but palatable. We were advised that the chicken for the house special is salty since it is cooked in the oven with rock salt as a dome so we asked the waiter to scrape the skin out, but the rice stuffing inside wasn't salty so it was balanced. My dad and I loved the Turkish bread, we asked for a second one. After the dinner we had tea to relax. I also tasted the laban and it was nice, not too sour.
Service was excellent, as I've said they are all friendly and well informed about the food, so they give suggestions and ideas to new customers like us. Big thanks to the management.

1  Thank irahgm

Reviewed 17 August 2017

As a family we do enjoy their appetizers, Baity kababs and various meats cooked in clay pan.
The staff is very friendly and courteous even during busy times.

1  Thank Syed Z
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Nice decaration
Table for 3
we had mixed starter this was no more than a plate of mixed dips humas,olives egg served with bread .very bland and expensive for what it was .Disapointing.
Mains we ordered mixed grill meat was chewy and no flavour
Same has to be said for the lamb chops cooked in pottery ,presentation ok but really no flavour just chops served with stir fry peppers onion in life tomato based sauce again very ordinary .
Drinks no large bottles of sparkling water infact all drinks were 200 to 250 ml small size
In conclusion very average first time and probably the last time we will visit
Disapointing and nor value for money .

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

Work outing to a nicely decorated restaurant. Staff friendly and more so given colleague's ability to speak Turkish. Food authentic and mostly very good. Rice pudding being cold was the exception. Recommended.

1  Thank alanpcoleman
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Topekapi, delivers a simple straight forward promise

Simple, clean and yummy Turkish food at an excellent price

1  Thank ohashem1