All reviews al hamra mall chef mahmoud kuwait towers business trip complimentary breakfast three star comfortable bed comfortable stay rooms are small clean hotel central location short stay room service business district restaurant staff excellent stay reception staff
Reviewed November 21, 2017

Rooms are Ibis-standard with a fast and reliable Internet. I'm not really a friend of this French chipboard design that makes every Ibis room look alike worldwide, but you know what to expect and it's mostly clean and OK for 1 or 2 nights. Hotel was opened in 2012, so still rather new. Friendly and helpful staff. They really are, all of them I met during my stay! Nice breakfast buffet with a cook preparing egg/ omelet variations on demand. Located in Sharq, some 20 walking minutes from Kuwait Towers and right next to the Al Hamra Tower with its huge mall. As said this is not a luxury nest, still an IBIS, but if you consider the price tag and the value you get combined with the service provided I would actually give it a 5 point rating.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
ibissalmiya1, Manager at ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2017

Dear Valued Guest ,

Reviewed November 19, 2017

Stayed two nights in November 2017. The hotel is right next to the Al Hamra Mall, a five-minute walk to the Arraya Mall, close to Al-Shaheed Park and 20 minutes to the Souq Sharq, among other attractions in Kuwait City. The room was small, but clean and functional. Water, tea and coffee are complimentary in the rooms. If you are a Club Accor member (free sign-up), you also get a free (non-alcoholic) drink upon arrival. I paid an extra 5 KD for breakfast each day. The breakfast was decent – buffet style with lots of variety, but you could probably eat for less at one of the malls or a restaurant nearby if you didn’t want a lot. Staff members were attentive – I was running a race, so they kindly sent up extra water and the check-in/check-out process was relatively painless. What made this a good rather than great stay was that automatic wake-up call system was on the fritz during my visit, resulting in an unexpected early morning call that woke me up. Staff members were apologetic, but probably could have handled this annoying situation better.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nice view of Kuwait City
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
ibissalmiya1, Manager at ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2017

Dear Ibis Sharq Valued Guest,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Sharq.
I am sorry about the wake up call error and we are investigating this matter to rectify the shortfall happened in our system to avoid it in future.

Reviewed November 16, 2017

Clean room, clean hotel, well maintained, good housekeeping, and great staff in the Oopen Restaurant, by name: Shams, Amir, Amit, Guyan, Jithendra, Kinley. Friendly greetings, good service, good food. Jithendra the chef made breakfast special.

I stayed in the hotel for 15 nights. I would do it again.

There are no drawers in the room, it is very functional.

Dear Mr. Bill ,

Reviewed November 9, 2017

A receptive and friendly welcome was followed by the usual Ibis format; rooms are modern and functional but with no big frills but that is what is expected and it is good value for money. Little touches like water bottles provided each day are always welcome along with a little tea and coffee. These rooms cannot have everything but when I asked for an iron and iron board it arrived almost as I put the phone down. I did not experience the restaurant so I cannot comment on that. A good location for my own business needs and it is next door to a posh mall and a great Indian restaurant. Well serviced by local taxis who wait across the road. The Kuwait Towers are not too far away too. For this Ibis you just need to be okay with heights as the non-smoking rooms appear to be at the top of the hotel!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
ibissalmiya1, Manager at ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The hotel is suitable for the short business trips but i do not recommend it for the log periods.
Room was very very small. The beds are totally uncomfortable, the bed mattress is too light and it keeps moving, No dedicated Iron in the room you should to order one every time you want to use. No daily bath stuff (shampoo, hair conditioner,...) and you need to pay extra fees if you want these bath stuff.
Advantages: On the other hand, the staff was friendly specially chief Mahmoud at the restaurant . The breakfast was good. Hotel location is good beside Al-hamra tower.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
ibissalmiya1, Manager at ibis Sharq Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Dear Mr.Beshoy
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Sharq. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Sincerely ,