Holiday Inn Kuwait
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Plage Hotel Kuwait(Kuwait City)
Raoum Inn(Salmiyah)
  • Room Service
Ibis Salmiya(Kuwait City)
  • Restaurant
Dalal City Hotel(Kuwait City)
Royal Inn Hotel(Salmiyah)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewssushi barayamchinese restaurantribeyehealth clubbusiness triprooms are cleanfavorite hotelthe hotel offersthe ground floorexcellent servicevisit kuwaitmarina mallthe hotel staffbusiness hotelroom service issea view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Rooms are big and spacious. Service staff is excellent.

The best part I like about the hotel is the range of restaurants they have. For those who eats in rather than dine out most of the time during work trips, this is the hotel to go to.

The chinese restaurant, the sushi bar is excellent. My favourite is the steak house - I usually have up to 3 steaks a week with them.

Value for money, given that all decent hotels in Kuwait are this pricey

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank WilsonfromDubai
Reviewed 28 May 2011

This review is for the Holiday Inn Salmiyah, Kuwait:

The Holiday Inn Salmiyah, Kuwait, is a very friendly and clean hotel, with decent facilities all round. Food is ok overall, but I have to say the Chinese restaurant food is nothing like the real thing or anything close to it. Quite disappointing.

This is my third trip to the hotel and I came back this time to test finally if the hotel listens to feedback - and I can honestly say it doesn't! A few issues (like never updating my personal data despite several attempts), but my big issue on all business trips here is the Internet connection - VERY slow and unreliable, and seems that e-mailing is almost impossible from Outlook. Web-e-mail is fine (but very slow). It looks like they're only paying for minimal bandwidth so with the expected contention ratios in a hotel, the service is almost impossible to use for anything other than casual browsing - a common problem in hotels where the management does not really appreciate the need for the modern business traveller. Despite several discussions and written feedback to the management here, it looks like this will have to be my last trip to this hotel Business travellers beware - e-mail and web frustrations might affect your business (and sanity) if you stay here!

But if you are not in need of business-standard e-mail or decent Internet bandwidth, this is quite a good place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't come here if you need decent Internet
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Chlli-Nomad
HolidayInnSalmiya, Manager at Holiday Inn Kuwait, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure having you stay with us again. We would like inform you that we have upgraded our free internet band width for our in room guest. Besides the free bandwidth in the public areas, we also have an option of high speed band width which will be available for a reasonable cost.

Our Chinese restaurant is catered to serve local taste but nevertheless we will prepare any special dishes required by yourself as our Chinese Kitchen chef's are from China itself and proficient in local chinese cusuine.

We would like to again thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Kuwait – Salmiya and look forward to seeing you at our Hotel again.

Reviewed 18 April 2011

This hotel far exceeded my expectation. The staff were excellent. The room very nice. The bed the nicest I have slept in for a long time. The food in 2 of the restaurants we ate in very good. It is not in the "city centre" but was a short cab ride for all my meetings, so was perfect for that. It was expensive - as are all hotels in kuwait, that was the only down side to my stay.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ta2306
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The Holiday Inn in Salmiya is definitely above the average Holiday Inn standard. Best point was the view from the Executive Lounge on the sea. the Executive lounge is nice, but has little food - only sweet snacks. Otherwise it is great. The rooms are big which is a very good point. Everything you need is in the house, which is also a good point. Overall professional and good service.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank tgoeldenitz
Reviewed 18 October 2010

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Salmiya for 6 nights on a business trip to Kuwait - the hotel was booked by the Kuwaiti partner I work with (I previously stayed in the other Holiday Inn Downtown near the towers). The hotel is in a good location near the Scientific Center and is a 15 minute walk from a supermarket and a 25 min walk from Marina Mall (or of course a quick taxi ride but I like to walk). I had arranged the Hala Visa service and was met at the airport by the hotel which all worked well. The reception was empty when I arrived as it was 3am... The staff are Ok, but not very enthusiastic overall. My room was very well furnished and comfortable. A big TV with 40 channels and a fridge, tea/coffee and a writing desk. The bathroom was large with nice toiletries. The pool is quite large and most of the time I had it to myself. The breakfast was very tasty and there are many restaurants in the hotel - Chinese, Lebanese, Pizza, Steak, buffet and sushi - so you won't starve. I wasn't paying the bill, but the food seemed to be reasonably priced and was good. The service in the restaurants in very slow... There is a free airport shuttle on the hour and free internet in all rooms (so such better than Australia!!). I would stay here again and I think it is nicer than the Downtown one. There are also two massive malls coming soon (World and Showbiz) which will be a minute walk away from the hotel. Overall, a modern, well appointed hotel with character, but lacking a little in service (but this did not really worry me or spoil my stay).

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business