“Good location, great price”

Golden Tulip Serenada Hotel Hamra
Ranked #46 of 114 Hotels in Beirut
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Standard rooms (a bit noisy if you open the window) and a decent breakfast with friendly staff. A good choice if you want a nice central hotel that isn’t too expensive. The major down side for me was the roof pool, which is rather small and despite it being full of water, and 25C outside, was closed!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I was at Beirut for business. When I was at the hotel, Hotel staff greeted us warmly. Hotel placed a great location Hamra. Its also very close to Gammayze street also.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Centrally located, and just off Hamra Street, this hotel proved to be comfortable and pleasant, with welcoming reception staff. The Louis XV Décor in the reception area may not be to everybody’s taste, but it is impressive! The rooms are disposed around a central atrium and are well furnished and very clean. The provision of a welcoming fruit plate was an added bonus. There was a good stock of reasonable-quality toilitries in the bathroom. A taxi-rank is situated just outside the hotel entrance, making early-morning departures for the airport very convenient. The disadvantage is that breakfast starts too late for you to catch early international flights - and this is a drawback with several Beirut hotels. The special rate we got was very reasonable - indeed the cheapest found in its price category in Central Beirut on a booking website - and as such this hotel must be regarded as a real “find”.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Isidore
Reviewed 22 October 2011

If you fancy tacky places, this is the place. The lobby is really goldy and rooms are equally of debatable taste! That said the rooms have all the facilities and free internet.
The breakfast was served in the lobby as the restaurant was being refurbished. Some hot dishes but no eggs/omelette, very limited choice and quite bad food quality!
Location is good just off hamra street in the center of Beirut.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank stefqatar
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I booked a room in this hotel and I got it confirmed. After a very long trip from the states to lebanon, I entered the hotel and went to the reception staff who was very rude and told him I have a reservation and gave him the number, he checked the system and told me that there is no reservation under my name and I showed him the confirmation number but he insisted that there is no reservation and all the rooms are booked. So, I called the manager who came and tried to explain to us that my reservation was cancelled on the day of my arrival because they tried reaching me on that day when I was on the plane travelling to lebanon and were not able to reach me which is normal if I'm on a plane. I was so mad and tried to get my room but with NO LUCK, she kept saying all rooms in the hotel are booked and she has no space ...... she suggested finding us a room in another hotel in the area but she came back with a very high rate for that hotel .... Finally, she called Golden Tulip Deville Hotel which is very far in Sodeco area and they agreed to give us a room for the same rate. We arrived to that hotel which looks like less than a 2 star hotel and they put us in a very bad uncomortable room, the mattreses were very old, very noisy and gloomy. I stayed that night there and woke up early in the morning and went looking for a better hotel and I did found one in Al Hamra area and moved to it that day. So, my 2Cents to you all DONOT trust this hotel even if you have a confirmed reservation. The reason why they canceled my reservation was they got someone who piad higher rate than mine and they gave them my room.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank arabindc
Reviewed 27 August 2011

Nice and clean however you need to improve your breakfast

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I stayed in this cosy hotel 3 days and except the road noise due to not properly closing windows I had a very good time.
Rooms are big enough, service is good. breakfast is outstanding.
building itself is a very special, situated in the middle of Al-Hamra district with lots of shopping, dining and walking options. for a business hotel it has a bit traffic problem as it is located in the very crowded area, but for touristic purposes, it is a nice one. (still i might prefer another hotel with a sea view!)
Workers are very helpful and smiling as all other Lebanese people i met, french and english are widely spoken.

Room Tip: make sure that windows closing properly not to stay sleepless: they like to honk a lot!