“average”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2012

warm authentic italian decor, but the service is average and the food is sometimes disapponting

Reviewed December 19, 2011

The place is very cozy and cascades a traditional italian atmosphere. the music selection and volume was good. The staff is friendly and knows the menu very well. I ordered a pizza and found the dow to be very soft in the midle. The tomato sauce was a bit sour too.
Not bad for a casual lunch.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Looks, feels, and tastes Italian. Love going there. Make sure u call ahead as it is small and often full.

Reviewed September 19, 2011

It is owned by beautiful caring friends who are always around you making sure you are served the best ingredients cooked the way the grand mother "la nonna" in Napoli used to cook. The special thing in Aliacci is that it is not like any italian chain or franchise sering heavy creamy food. You have to try their unique napolitan pizza, also their fresh ravioli with goat cheese, that I had with a glass of Italian wine! The atmosphere and music in this place took me to the south of italy and trust me, I wanted to stay forever!!

Reviewed September 18, 2011

I loved the setting at Aliacci. It's a small and really simple place, probably the best words to characterize it are "familiar" and cozy. It's perfect for a date at night and with the family during the day, especially Sundays. There's also an Italian guy who recently joined the place, he sort of manages the floor and goes by the name of "Gege" (djeh djeh). So single ladies (not necessarily), be ready for some pick up attempts.

Moving on to the food. The bread was alright... It was sliced pain de campagne (country bread), not very fresh, but still alright. We had a funghi pizza to share. I thought the crust was really good, just the right thickness from outside and gets thinner and thinner around the middle. It might have lacked a little crunch, but that's alright I guess. The fresh mozzarella cheese and the mushrooms were very good, but the tomato sauce was just a bit too sour for my taste. I ordered farfalle pasta with tomato and pesto sauce. I was surprised when the sauce tasted exactly like the one in the pizza (again, a bit too sour), the grated Parmesan cheese made it better. My brother got it right with the Tagliolini and white sauce. You could actually differentiate the tastes of the flour, the butter and the pepper in the sauce, so I thought that was an indication of its freshness. My mother ordered the shrimp gnocchi, which was home made. The texture was very good, but again, the same tomato sauce was served with it, so that was a bit annoying.

I asked for a Grappa as a digestive, but Gege insisted on offering me some his home made Limoncello (on the house), which I really appreciated. It's a bit new so you can still slightly taste the alcohol in it. I liked it though, it was really refreshing and zesty.

It was a positive visit to Aliacci, certainly wouldn't classify the food as my favorite, in all fairness there's still a lot to try in the menu. The place however is always good enough to consider.