All reviews holiday inn small mall room service business trip hotel is located rooms are clean and spacious abc mall nice room excellent location business hotel the hotel staff convenient location gym downtown renovation
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

I stayed one weeknight at the Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, receiving a Platinum upgrade to a Junior Suite. I arrived very late/very early (depending on your perspective), but was chauffeured very well by a driver provided by the hotel, met promptly by security and a bellboy, and ushered into the small lobby. Check-in was accomplished in about 30 seconds, which was much appreciated given the time of arrival.

I was pleased with the corner suite, as it has a spacious living and relaxing area, a large bathroom with Italian shower, and loads of windows with excellent darkening curtains. The view from the hotel isn’t anything special, but I appreciate that when it was time to admit the light that the large windows did that for me.

While my stay was so short that I did not get a chance to enjoy the fitness facility, I was able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast. The bespoke omelette and friendly service were just what I needed after a long flight and a short rest.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Mohamad Y, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your visit to the Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun.

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

Good location 15 min from the airport commercial aree and big mall opposite. The hotel was Holiday inn before they change the name after they did complete renovation

Freindly staff ready to help with big smile.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear Value Guest,

We are delighted to read from your review that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the service offered were up to your expectations, we also appreciate you pointing out the great service you received from our team. It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest and on behalf of all the team at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu

Reviewed July 13, 2018

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We were here for 5 nights. The best thing about the room was the shower (great water pressure and clean) and fairly quiet air conditioning.

Several things made it less than pleasant.
The check in process was horrible - we were asked to take a seat and relax (last thing you want to do after a long delayed flight). They then proceeded to check a big group in front of us, even though we had got there first. Meant it took us ages to get up to our room. Felt like they got served first because they spoke Arabic and refused to sit down. Very odd.
The fire alarm in the room flashes brightly all night, woke me up on several occasions.
There was a fire alarm at 5am one morning for no reason - was later told it was due to maintenance. Caused panic as it said loudly “an incident has occurred please leave as quickly as you can”. Makes you think of a terror attack rather than a fire.
Phone in the room was broken and couldn’t order room service. Had to go to reception to order which kind of defeats the object. I wanted to order room service as I felt unwell and didn’t want to leave the room. There was no offer to fix it when we reported it. We eventually asked someone to come and fix it, it took two visits.
Didn’t replenish teas and mini bar throughout our stay.
The room was generally clean and the furniture was very modern which was nice but the windows were absolutely filthy - could barely see out of them (see picture). View wasn’t worth looking at though.
Pillows horrible and uncomfortable and asked for a different one but no alternatives available.
Breakfast service was very slow, had to ask for coffee twice & food ran out and wasn’t replaced quickly. This is a shame as when food was there it was quite nice - smoked salmon and eggs freshly made to order.
We were woken up at 6am asking for dry cleaning we hadn’t asked for. Not what you want on holiday!
Remote batteries had run out so couldn’t watch tv.
No outside space, room quite small so felt quite claustrophobic for a long stay.
Service in general was hit or miss.
This hotel is located in the shopping district, probably fine for a business function but not much fun for a couples holiday. Wish we’d got a hotel with a roof terrace/pool somewhere downtown. On the whole, I wouldn’t return to this hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mohamad Y, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Dear Ms. Tania,

Thank you so much for the valuable feedback that you have shared following your stay in the Radisson Blu Hotel, Beirut Verdun, we value and respect your frank comments

I am of course most concerned to learn of your disappointment and would like to extend my sincere apologies that your experience fell short of the high standards we are renowned for achieving.

Your comments & experiences are very valuable to us and will be taken very seriously without any delay.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us. I do hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Beirut Verdun in the near future.

Kind Regards,