Phoenicia Hotel
US$175
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

US$444
US$400
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmosaic restauranteau de viegreat hoteloutdoor poollebanese sweetsthe club loungeluxurious hotelzaytouna baybreakfast buffetholiday innsea viewlebanese hospitalityconstruction sitemediterranean seafive star hotelcomfortable roomscentral beirut
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Went to Beirut for new year and stayed at the Phoenicia. A rather bigger hotel than I normally pick but as I had not been to Beirut before and it was new year we decided to stay at the best rated hotel. It was perfect. Extremely comfortable if not slightly old fashioned rooms. Definitely worth getting to know the guys at the concierge desk. They helped us find some really good restaurants and bars. Had a massage in the lovely spa at the hotel which was good, but the great thing about the hotel and the whole of Beirut are the people. Probably the most friendly city I have ever stayed in. We never felt uneasy at any time and everyone welcomed us and spoke to us in bars etc. New years eve was superb. Dress up well in Beirut theynare extremely smart and be prepared for the bill at the end of the night. With the exchange rate it is seriously expensive but well worth a visit.

Room Tip: Definitely try to book a room high up and over looking the sea
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank leedsey
Christian M, Hotel Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2012

Dear Leedsey,

We are glad that you took the time to share your feedback and post this review on trip advisor about Phoenicia Hotel even though time passed on your last stay with us.
Thank you for that and for your detailed comments and recommendations. Hopefully you will be planning a return visit to Beirut this summer so you get a chance to experience our renovated Presidential suites and the other side of Beirut with its hospitality and friendliness all over again.

We are looking forward to welcome you back soon at Phoenicia Hotel Beirut and thank you again for your feedback,

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I checked in at this marvellous hotel 3 nights ago and everything has been impeccable until today when we decided to relax by the pool and enjoy the hotel for a day. People are allowed to smoke at the sun loungers yet one cannot enjoy shisha there, i was told quite rudely that I must go and sit at a table if I wanted shisha - I then proceeded to sit on a sofa which I should add I had been using every night at which to smoke shisha and was then told no I must sit on a table - I was very annoyed considering the whole plae was practically empty with 6 people sitting in the entire area including me and my husband, I think cOnsidering the quality of the hotel and price of the shisha guests should be allowed to smoke where they like and not be treated like school children, I was ready to write a glowing report on this hotel but am extremely disappointed by the daytime pool staff who I found to be extremely rude and nonsensical. Very unfortunate as the hotel itself is impeccable.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Sheeni01
Reviewed May 11, 2012

the hotel looks really middle east and it is amazing! trust all the below messages.
the SPA is gorgeous and you will find a very well equipped gym with all facilities as well as a quite big swimming pool where you can relax.
another very good point is the breakfast room where there are all the kind of food you can look for, form the european, english to the arabic taste.
the hotel is not cheap at all but it really wort

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank cervino75
Christian M, Hotel Manager at Phoenicia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Dear cervino75,

Thank you for your recent stay at Phoenicia Hotel Beirut, we really appreciate you taking the time to post this review. It is a great pleasure that you described Phoenicia Beirut as the Middle East soul hotel.

We are glad that you enjoyed our SPA and Gym and got the chance to try the pool and relax. We are focusing more than ever on health and fitness and promoting a lot of indoor and outdoor activities like Boot Camps and Adventure outings, so hopefully next time you get the chance to try them out.

It is a real pleasure that you liked the food and had a great experience at Mosaic our international buffet and got a taste of different cuisines.

Again thank you for your recent post and for choosing and recommending Phoenicia Hotel Beirut.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

I have been to Lebanon several times as I have many friends there but this was the first time I had to sta in a hotel. Given Lebanons optional power supply and somethimes lack of facilities Iasked everyone what is the best hotel and they al said the same ....... Phoenicia. The service was very high quality and the location is very nice to. I would return. The price varies depending on high or low season but I think it is pretty reasonable for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kevin M

Dear Kevin M.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review and give us your opinion about your stay at Phoenicia Hotel Beirut. It is very nice to see that you are a recurrent visitor of Lebanon and have friends in the region and it made us really proud that everyone suggested you stay at Phoenicia Hotel. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and found all the facilities and services to be up to the standards and expectations.

One again, thank you for choosing the Phoenicia Hotel Beirut and we are pleased that you enjoyed your time.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

As you arrive if you not too lazy walk up the grand stair case - most of us take the escalator. Then you are transported to the time this was the Paris of the middle East. Go straight o the bar on the right hand side the counter and have a beer or if you travelling with a weirdo a fresh carrot juice. Chat to the barman and get a feel for the place rather than at one of the tables. The check in staff are quota driven so you could get a local that does not care but this is rare at this hotel. The pool area is very nice and the breakfast first class. If you feel like something different just in front of the hotel you can pay to have a swim in a salt water pool. The corniche is a short walk away and lovely to soak in the local relaxation culture in the early evening. Also just in front of the hotel is a statue were the assassination of a prominent politician took place.
So the location is great the food excellent rooms are nice I would not stay elsewhere again if you coming to Lebanon don't be a cheapskate stay here and enjoy the feeling that you are in the Paris of the middle East.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Manydaysaway

Dear Manydaysaway,

Thank you for choosing Phoenicia Hotel for your recent stay in Beirut. We appreciate you taking the time to post such detailed description of your entire Phoenicia visit.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and found all the facilities and services to be up to the standards and expectations. It is nice to read your recommendation of the hotel and the facilities within and the highlights of our location and neighboring surrounding.

One again, thank you for choosing the Phoenicia Hotel Beirut and for your recommendation. We are pleased that you enjoyed Beirut and we are hoping to welcoming you back soon and thank you for using “Paris of the Middle East” it is our favorite description for Beirut.