See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I stayed there 6 nights, 7 days. This hotel is not a 5 stars but people there are always ready to help at any time, sometimes more than a 5 stars would do. It's not the most perfect one for its location cause yes, it's quite hard to find. You can hear the big birds all the time (planes), practically no view outside also. Though you get a kingsize bed in a room that has about 3 times the size. There's a small fridge, free Wi-Fi internet, nice bathroom and Satellite tv showing lots of channel.. that are mostly unwatchable for a North American like me who doesn't understand arabic but you know what? it was perfect cause I don't live there, I go there to sleep!!! So it was perfect! Cheap nice place to stay for sleeping... you have that, you can visit Doha freely with more money in your pocket!! Don't worry, taxis always finish to find the place!!!

Room Tip: if you search for a room to sleep... they're all good!!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Good budget hotel with clean rooms, the breakfast needs some improvements. Staff are friendly

• Stayed: September 2010
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Had a 12 hour layover in Doha between flights, so booked with this hotel. Airport transfer took about 5 minutes and was easy to organise. Room was very nice, with a big bathroom, large desk, couch and king bed.
Staff were very helpful, I had no local currency on me but they payed for my delivered kfc and took it from my cc.
Each room had their own wifi router and code for you to use.
Great place for an overnight or extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank eskimodave
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I booked my tickets to New York via Qatar airways not noticing the very long layover. I had to stay one night and although Qatar would arrange your accomodation for a fee of approximately USD125 per person but you had to do it within a certain amount of days before you depart. So happened the cut off day was a public holiday declared the night before because we won a soccer match which meant that I had no opportunity to have my accomodation arranged by the Malaysian Qatar Airways office. The singaporean branch was even ridiculous to suggest I travel down across the causeway 5 hours away to make my booking.

At a glance, you'll notice that hotels in Doha are around the USD200+ mark. That wasn't the money I wanted to spend after paying so much for my air tickets PLUS knowing 200+ could get you a room in a 4* hotel in new york. Unfortunately, there were also very little reviews for lesser known hotels such as the one I am reviewing now. Seriously, looking back, I took a risk when I booked this hotel which wasn't exactly budget at usd130 a night BUT it was risk that paid off. There's also some difficulty finding hotels that allow a non-married couple to share a room, but this hotel was OK with it. While the price might not suggest BUDGET, you need to think BUDGET before you arrive at the hotel then your stay will be fairly enjoyable.

It's not too far off from the airport, incredibly hard to locate though so please google and get all the tips on directions getting here beforehand. It's also located in a pretty dodgy area, where a lot of construction is going on (no noise issues experienced) and a lot of construction workers around so I suggest laides, please do not travel alone. It's walkable to souk wahid (if you can be bothered), I was told it takes 10 minutes, it took me 20 mins, take a green cab instead, it's much faster and the scenery along the way walking to the souq is not enjoyable and really something you rather erase from your memory. The hotel itself is small, intimate, neat with brisk service. As for the rooms, judge for yourself, it was decently size, safe & quiet. You can arrange for the hotel to arrange your transfer for a fee OR take a cab (VERY CHEAP! but only take the green ones).

I just need to add to the end of this review. When I went, January 2011, there wasn't much to see in Doha. SO if you are thinking of a layover just to explore the city, don't do it. The food in doha is also RIDICULOUSLY expensive.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank booffy
Reviewed March 27, 2011

the reviews here are better than the place is. It's not the cleanest place. The service is lackluster. Most cab drivers don't know where it is. The map on the hotel's card is not detailed enough (no street names). Place is fine if you are just looking for a crash pad. Otherwise try somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo