Having traveled (as a family with small children) far and wide in the Gulf as frequent residents of apartment hotels, we finally found our favorite 'stay' in the Kempinski Doha.
Our 2-bdr apartment was *very* spacious, well-laid-out, tastefully decorated, and quiet. There was a full kitchen as well as separate dining area, and the living room had comfortable leather sofas. The bedrooms were carpeted, and the walk-in closet in the large master-suite was absolutely wonderful. The lighting was well planned (not always so in Gulf apartments) and easy to understand. The baby cot provided was fine, and had baby-appropriate bedding (again, not always the case!). Our apartment definitely had the 'wow' factor - particularly the comfortable master suite. There was something relaxing and welcoming about coming back to this apartment at the end of the day.
The children's club was a surprise hit with our 4-year old - they had well-organized activities (arts+crafts) which she loved, and the gals working there were very attentive and sweet. The indoor swimming area included a VERY large children's pool, which we also loved. We certainly missed the experience of swimming outdoors (and missed having a pool restaurant), but I suppose during summer the indoor factor would be a plus.
We did not have breakfast included, so cannot comment on that (we did not eat at the hotel at all, except for one evening of room service which we found to be somewhat overpriced for the product delivered).
Hotel was conveniently located within very short walking distance to a mall.
Due to our short stay, we cannot comment on things which are important to folks having a longer stay: dishwasher, washing machine.
We didn't have any negative impressions specifically associated with the hotel. Regarding Doha as a whole, the taxi situation is atrocious, and any important transfers should absolutely be booked well in advance, as it is often not possible to simply call for a taxi and have one arrive. We took advantage of private taxi services, which were more expensive (but still cheap by western standards) and not always reliable. It is worth bargaining with private taxis before departing, as the price can often be reduced substantially.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The crown that graces the skyline of Doha has truly left a footprint in the sand. Indulge yourself with ultra modern luxurious residences. Experience a passionate sense of style and comfort. Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha is ideal for the business and leisure resident whom requires privacy and intriguing surroundings. Absorb the Arabian air, warm gulf waters and beautifully designed mosques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity.ca and Hotels.com so you can book your Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kempinski Residences And Suites, Doha
- Kempinski Residences & Suites, Doha Hotel Doha