Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,036 results
All reviewsnew york steakhousethe crossroadschampions baraqua loungenorth towerglo barwest end cafethe executive loungedirect accesslarge mallcorner roombrazilian restaurantshopping mallfloor to ceiling windowshigh floorsuperb servicebusiness center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Large hotel, good service and massive pool, but not everything we have come to expect of a Marriott hence only 4 stars.

Pros
Good service from all staff
Huge outdoor pool perfect for lane swimming (35m)
Reasonable location- attached to city centre mall
Lots of restaurants
Good exec lounge with varying and good hot food offerings each night

Needs improvement
No plug sockets next to bed
No cotton wool buds in bathroom
No bath sheets (only the smaller bath towels)
Tiny tv that was disproportionate to room

So none of these things ruined our stay, they were just minor annoyances that we don’t expect when choosing Marriott

We tried champions bar one night which was busy but of nothing to note. If looking for an evening drink- check out ‘The Den’ - in the Shanghai-la hotel at the opposite end of the mall - live pianist, great vibe and happy hour all night (5-10 min walk without leaving air-con)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lock_jennifer
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Just like to thank the Marriott Marquis Doha for an enjoyable stay. All the staff are welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them. A bit of a shame about the ‘boy racers’ revving up outside around 10pm, but a higher floor and position helps.
I would like to mention the staff at Cucina for great service and food and Jess at Crossroads breakfast for bringing a smile to my face, every morning, regardless of what lays ahead at work for me. Keep up the high standards I have come to expect.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
MarriottMarquisDoha, General Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear stsrsrsr,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel with the TripAdvisor community.

It is our pleasure to know that you had an enjoyable experience during your stay with us and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your breakfast at Crossroads Kitchen. I am happy to hear that you had great time during your visit at Cucina as well. Thank you for appreciating the food prepared by our culinary experts and for recognizing the service provided our brilliant hosts especially Jess who never fails to brings a smile to you in the morning. Their commitment in delivering great hospitality stands out and is the reason why guests love to stay with us. Rest assured your kind comments will definitely be shared with the entire team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel.

Yours sincerely,
General Manager, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was my choice for a layover and a very poor choice it turned out to be, not least because there are plenty of hotels significantly more convenient to the airport. For one thing, I chose it from among those offered by the airline, which paid for the stay. As such, I got no points and not even a night credited to my Marriott Rewards account. Not even for the transfer from the airport, which I paid for, did I get any credit. One would think that something about the fact that someone else paid instead of me suddenly rendered my stay devoid of all value for the hotel, which of course can’t be the case, as they agreed to the booking. My impression is thus that the circumstance that someone else paid is just a flimsy pretext for Marriott to withhold normal benefits. That being the case, I have that much less reason on another layover to choose a Marriott property.
Still, I was allowed breakfast in the executive lounge once we had established that I had Platinum Rewards status, which the hotel, despite my direct correspondence with them before arriving, was unaware of until I provided my Rewards number at check-in. Given that breakfast was only offered in the lounge in the North tower, it might have made sense to give me a room in the North tower, so that I wouldn’t have to descend to the ground floor from my room in the South tower and then go up to the 42nd floor of the North tower.
The room was okay, no more. I don’t think there was a bathtub (I don’t recall), but if there was one, then the shower was in the tub. Also, the razor was, to my surprise, of the very cheap variety such as one would expect at one of Marriott’s low-end brands in the U.S. It took two calls to guest services to get the razor brought to my room, though this at least was one call fewer than it took to get them to pick up my shoes for a shine.
By a large margin, what I disliked most about the room was the noise level. I heard noise from all directions outside the room. At times it seemed the room was actually vibrating. I slept very poorly.
As if that weren’t enough, there was the matter of my transfer from the airport to the hotel, which I hadn’t arranged in advance. Marriott’s representative at the airport quoted me a price of 110 riyals and assured me that this was only 30 riyals more than a regular cab, which he said would cost between 70 and 80 riyals, consistent with what the concierge desk told me when it was time to return to the airport. The problem isn’t so much that the price for the transfer, which I accepted, actually turned out to be a slightly higher 115 riyals, but that the next day I took a regular cab back to the airport and the cab fare came to exactly 36 riyals. That leaves me thinking that hotel staff only cares about what’s in the hotel’s immediate interest, to the point of lying to guests. And that I don’t really like at all.
I really don’t see a reason to return to this property, but especially NOT for a layover.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank dhbar1
MarriottMarquisDoha, General Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear dhbar1,

Thank you for sharing a detailed review of your stay at the Marriott Marquis City Center Hotel and for choosing our hotel as part of the Qatar Airways Stopover Program.

We pride ourselves in delivering exceptional guest experiences and I am saddened to know that we have not been able to provide that memorable experience to you firstly as one of our guests and secondly as a valued Platinum Status Marriott Rewards member.

I would like to invite you to contact me directly to discuss your areas of concern in more detail, would you please be so kind to reach out to me on andreas.wissdorf@marriott.com to ensure we can address the opportunities to serve you better next time?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've spent about 3 weeks at this hotel this year and have had pleasant experiences. The only negative experience I had was being given a non-smoking room that smelled like an ashtray. After speaking with the staff about this Joara helped find me a great and clean smelling room.

The executive lounge food is pretty great for free lounge fare, the staff in the lounge are great too. Sam is phenomenal! She always greets me with a smile when I enter the lounge and is consistently helpful.

I plan on continuing to stay her while doing business in Doha.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank TurbineTurnerJ

Dear TurbineTurnerJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay at the Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a pleasant experience during your stay with us and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your visit at one of our Executive lounges. Thank you for appreciating the friendliness and kindness of our brilliant hosts. It is my pleasure to share your kind comments with the team especially with Joara and Sam.

We thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,
General Manager, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've spent more than 70 days over the last 4 months at the Marriott Marquis, as it is convenient to the City Center mall and is a 15 minute walk to my office . Overall, the facilities are generally high quality. However, for my stays in Oct-Dec 2017 the room condition and service were inconsistent, starting with being checked into a room which had already been reserved for another customer, and having to pack up and move. I encountered problems with a severely worn out mattress, and various broken items in the room. The maintenance staff was generally very responsive, but it seemed obvious that rooms are not thoroughly checked out routinely to ensure everything is functioning properly. I submitted online feedback directly to Marriott and received a quick reply in which they seemed earnestly interested in improving deficiencies.
For 2-3 week stays, I found the closet space in standard rooms to be inadequate for that amount of clothes. On my most recent stay in February, I was fortunate to receive an upgrade to a small suite, which had significantly more space and storage.
I enjoy most all the restaurants in the hotel, with Cucina and the New York Steakhouse being my favorites. The breakfast buffet at the Crossroads has excellent variety and quality, and all the staff are very pleasant and service oriented. The Executive Lounge was a welcome retreat after long work days when I did not want a full dinner.
The exercise facility is quite well equipped, and lounging poolside was my weekend relaxation.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators, due to voice announcements. You may hear late night musical entertainment from the clubs on weekends.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business