“Ice Cream Indulgence!”
Review of La Gelateria Fina

La Gelateria Fina
Ranked #798 of 1,056 Restaurants in Doha
Reviewed July 23, 2016 via mobile

I will never get used to this abysmal middle east climate. Just as we all thought it's about to improve after Ramadan, weather news reported that heat waves shall continue across GCC. Atrocious weather temps are being experienced ranging from 51C to 54C in Iraq & Kuwait! So we are actually luckier down here in Doha with a 43C.

Al Fresco dining for me then, is a definite NO. So what better way to beat this summer heat than to dig into dollops of ice cream! Having frequented Katara since my arrival to Doha last year, it was only last week when I finally had the chance to try La Gelateria Fina. Now I realized what I had been missing.

The name of course speaks of an Italian style ice cream: Gelato. Gelato is generally lower in fat and sugar than a regular ice cream. It contains less air but more flavorings to add density and richness which distinguishes it from frozen desserts.

As with most ice cream shops, they'll let you taste test various flavors. It took me a while to decide which one is best as they are all good to be honest. I have then settled with the rich cheesecake flavor which I was able to finish in no time. At 10QR per scoop, it is one amazing affordable indulgence! La Gelateria Fina does not only offer ice cream but also serves equally delightful crepes & waffles.

So the next time you're down in Katara, leave some space in your tummy for La Gelateria Fina

Date of visit: July 2016