“Beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 139 Hotels in Doha
Stavanger
“Beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

stayed there for 1 night with wife and 3 small children aged 4,5 and 8. The hotel is very child friendly and beautiful. We had an interconnecting room on 8 th floor and they where fantastic with an amazing view over the beach, pools and harbour. Food and service great.
Wished we had one extra day:)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear DrPedersen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay, though it is a short one. We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

This review is for the Teatro Restaurant, located within the Four Seasons Hotel, in Doha, Qatar.
I did not find a page rating just the restaurant and I see that some reviews regarding the hotel Four Seasons are meant to rate only their restaurants.

I have been living in Qatar for 7 years and every time I wanted to celebrate a special event or offer an impressive dinner, I used to go to "Il Teatro".

Unfortunately my last dinner over there revealed things have changed, lately. A new cook was in place and they have also changed manager a couple of times (one or two of them were French.. in a typical Italian restaurant??).

The food we had was delicious, but not really “Italian”,…more a kind of International cuisine with French portions (if you know what I mean).
I am sad, as I used to advertise this restaurant very loudly. On the other hand, it is fair to remind the readers that dining in here is going to be quite expensive!!

If you like luxury, good service, great ambiance and good (-International-) food, then Teatro restaurant is still a good choice, but all long time Italian customers will agree that this place is not shining anymore... just the bill is!
I want to be positive and hope that the Italian food at Teatro will be soon exquisite like in the past.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Fabio_NY
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 26 February 2012
Dear Fabio_NY,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit at Four Season Hotel Doha. It is good to know that you frequently visit Il Teatro and for that we are really grateful. Please know that your feedback is important to us, to be able gauge how successful we are in meeting our guests’ expectations.

We would like to inform you that this coming March we will be launching our new lunch menu that will focus on the Regional Italian Dishes, you will have the opportunity to enjoy different specialty dishes of the different regions of Italy. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you soon and experience our new and enhanced Il Teatro lunch menu.

Please feel free to contact me at ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.com on your next visit so that I can ensure a memorable one.

Leicestershire UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here for a short break for my birthday. First of all I went to the spa for a deep tissue massage and my husband checked us into the hotel.
The spa was very nice and the staff are excellent. The massage was very good and to be honest I could have stayed in there a lot longer using the excellent facilities.
We then went to the Friday brunch and chose to have the brunch with sparkling wine. The food was great with plenty of choice. The drink was flowing, in fact our glasses were never empty. Again I must mention how attentive the staff were, nothing was too much trouble.
The hotel room was lovely, with a birthday cake waiting for me in the room with two roses. The bathroom was really nice and they had put rose petals in the bath, such a nice touch. In all it was an exceptional Birthday and the staff at this hotel should be commended.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SJWJR
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear SJWJR,

Thank you for writing a review following your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you had chosen us to celebrate your special day. I will certainly share your inspiring words with the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Went here for one night with my husband. Hotel is beautiful and cannot be faulted (if you are prepared for the expense. One thing that annoyed me was that in the morning I had wanted to use the spa before my flight. I went along and the woman told me I would have to pay a fair amount for a day pass (I was a guest). I said I thought I was entitled to use the facilities and she said no. I then went and had something to eat instead. After a while I went to the front desk and asked them. They said that yes I was entitled to use the spa and I explained what I had been told. They offered no apology and I had no time left. Following this, I went back to the spa to inform them that they had given me some incorrect informaiton and the woman just stared at me blankly. Needless to say I was less than impressed by this as the spa was the thing I was looking forward to the most. I expected better from this hotel chain.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Wise1London
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 19 February 2012
Dear Wise1London,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

I do apologise that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and I am very concerned to read the detail of your review as I know we can do so much better than that.

I assure you that I'll certainly share your comments with our Spa Management so that they can address this with the team. If you would like to discuss further your recent experience, I would be happy to make myself available either on e-mail to ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.com or by phone on 00974-4494-8003.

We do hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Doha in the near future.

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

It has been a couple of years since i've been to the Four Seasons Doha and it was just lovely to feel like we had just returned home! We got a great room with views over the Corniche. Very spacious, super confortable and with a big bathroom with a double sink - btw, love the new normal size Italian amenities. However, it was the service that nail it. The staff is so attentive and nice. For personalized service, for a special occasion - Four Seasons still has that magic touch for me.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have a great sea view
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear ms11af,

Our sincere thanks to you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. It was good to know that you've visited us again after a couple of years and you've felt like it is your home. We are proud that the service you received surely marked as a 'magic touch'. I will definitely share your wonderful words to the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Four Seasons Hotel Doha for another memorable stay.

uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

This has been by far one of the most outstanding hotel that i have been to. Was treated like royalty as soon as we walked in. Staff were all so friendly. Had a good choice of restaurants to eat in but recommend the Teatro italian restaurant food was really delicious. The complex itself was really clean with a choice of pools including jacuzzi and spa treatments. Would like to say a huge thankyou to all.

Room Tip: Fifth floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ahmed K, Hotel Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Doha, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear UkKiKi,

Thank you for taking time out to write a review regarding your most recent visit with us. We are delighted to know that your experience with us is outstanding, and that you have enjoyed our restaurants especially the Il Teatro, we will definitely share your comments to the rest of the staff. Looking forward to your future visit at Four Seasons Hotel Doha.

Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

I visited the Four Seasons Doha to inspect the hotel for an upcoming meeting I was planning and I was totally shocked by the service I received. The Four Seasons is legendary for service towards their in-house guests, but after this experience, I'm questioning whether I would even want to be one.

With due respect, the hotel was lovely and immaculately managed. The style was more European in feel than Middle Eastern that I had expected. While the staff at the porte-cochre and reception were wonderfully welcoming and helpful, the same cannot be said with the sales team and the concierge who were condescending in their tone and attitude.

I had expected much more from the Four Seasons, but it is disappointing meeting with staff for the first time, who say hi, then ask, what event are you doing here?, how many people? and who will be paying? Throughout the walk through in the hotel, I was constantly reminded about minimum revenues for the different spaces and even without prompting, a defence that if their policy was complicated, that "that is how we operate". It was all about the money.

The walk through was rushed, a very distracted team, and there wasn't an offer to even show the guest rooms, ask where I had come from, why I visited the Four Seasons, let alone an offer to ask where I was heading to. In short, unlike full paying hotel guests, I didn't feel that genuine sense of care, concern, attention to details that most guests have expressed here. Rather, I felt as if I owed them a favour by requesting the hotel inspection and that they had better things elsewhere to do.

With multiple top five star hotels opening in Doha in the coming years, the Four Seasons will need to step up its game. Lets hope non-paying guests enjoy the legedary Four Seasons service throughout the property, rather than just at the entrance.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Nimbostratus
Dear Nimbostratus,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us. I am sorry that we failed to meet with your expectations on the day. I know we can do better than that. We do appreciate your feedback as we know that it helps us in improving our services for future guests of the hotel like yourself.

I would like to make myself available to you should you wish to further discuss your experience. I genuinely want to learn from any mistake that may have been made. You may contact me at ahmed.khalaf@fourseasons.com.

Best Regards