“Ideal for a stopover”
Review of Al Liwan Suites

Al Liwan Suites
Ranked #66 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I was booked in this hotel by Qatar Airways, as part of their STPC package.
Arrived at around 23.00 and proper buffet dinner was still available.

Check-in staff very fast and helpful.

Room was quite big - a proper suite, fully equipped with smaller lounge area with flatscreen and dvd player, full refrigerator, microwave, cooking plates, washing machines. I guess it would be useful for a self-catering trip.

The room was nice, but the detergents used for washing the linen left my skin itching mildly.

The amenities in the bathroom are medium grade products, with very nice scents.

I had stayed in August 2011, and the staff seemed to be from India/Pakistan/Bangladesh.
Now, to my surprise, all the staff i saw and talked to seemed to be Filipino.
Would this suggest that a full staff rotation occurred in half a year?

The staff was very polite, courteous and professional.

There is paid wifi, but since I was staying inside the hotel for less than six hours my main goal was to sleep a bit.

In short, if one needs to book this place won't be disappointed.

The only downside - the image of the building in Tripadvisor does not truly resemble the actual building.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Qatar Airways booked us in this hotel for one night. We enjoyed the hotel decor, food and hotel staff hospitality. The rooms are large suites with a new flat screen tv, clean bath with strong shower pressure and a huge king bed with very good mattress. The hotel is very basic in many ways, but it was a real pleasure to stay there as a airline transit hotel. Easy to get a taxi to go to the city center, but not anything in the area for a visitor. This is a very good basic airport area hotel. It would be a five star airport hotel when compared to the caliber of western airport hotels that airlines use to book stranded passengers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

This is a decent hotel, which is very close to the international airport. The rooms are very comfortable suites in a typical arabic style. The hospitality of the staff was amazingly sincere and warm, making me feel very welcome indeed. There is a pool which is nice and clean.
The cuisine follows the middle eastern to Indian type and is rather mouth watering, especially their chicken kababs.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
AlliwanSuites, Manager at Al Liwan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Dear Valuable Guest

Thank you very much for your pleasant comment about our hotel and we are very happy that our services matching your requirements. It will be always our pleasure to welcome you on your next visit to Doha.

Kind regards
Ali Anany

Reviewed 18 October 2011

A nice experience in a spacious suite. Very good for a family of 3

• Stayed: July 2011

Dear Valuable Guest

Kind regards

Reviewed 23 August 2011

Qatar Airways booked this hotel for us during an overnight transfer. It was a very nice hotel and the staff was very friendly! We arrived at 1:00am and dinner was available for us! The room was large, clean and traditionally decorated as well as the entire hotel building. Breakfast and a snack pack (with a sandwich, water and an apple) as we left, were also included! When we visit Doha we will definitely choose this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
AlliwanSuites, Manager at Al Liwan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Thank you very much for your most pleasant comments about our hotel. It will be always our pleasure to welcome you on your next visit to Doha.

Best regards,

Alaa Hassan
Assistant Hotel Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2011

I was put up by Qatar airways en route from Barcelona to Riyadh great hotel but some construction work going on ,the front desk is manned by a helpful receptionist I arrived by night location was not a problem As the airways had a courtesy bus shuttle manned by some excellent Filipino drivers very courteous and friendly even helped me carry my luggage ,the food was Arabic Lebanese cuisine average taste,the suites are more than ample for a long stay and only regret not having more time to spend,the room takes time to cool as the air-conditioning is switched off split unit and gets activated once you are in the room it was summer so very hot but in half an hour the room cooled down I was by myself ' but wished I brought the family the mini bar was empty with no water any way I bought one from the near by shop

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
AlliwanSuites, Manager at Al Liwan Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2011

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Al Liwan Suites Hotel

Thank you for posting your valuable review which give us the pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay & our sttaf were helpful,friendly which make our services matching your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in Al Liwan Suites Hotel.

Kind Regards

Ali Anany
Reservations Manager

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I happened to find this hotel by chance during my last visit to Doha. I had been used to staying in much bigger, plusher hotels and staying atAl Liwan was the best choice I made!
I have to admit that the area its located in is not very nice as there are lots of nearby construction vehicles and it's not a wealthy area, hence being a bit "rough looking" but I felt 100% safe staying there on my own and as soon as you enter the hotel, it becomes apparent that you are very welcome and it's very authentic style is lovely!

The staff are all such hard workers and go out of their way to assist you. The security guys are such nice lads, who often offered to carry bags, call taxi's and run out to get me phone card top up's!

The suite was basic with regards to toiletries, bathroom and decor, but when you consider the rate per night, the space, the service etc and the overall charm, I loved it!

The suite was huge, with a little kitchen area AND WASHING MACHINE, whichis lovely to have access to. I loved the huge fridge/freezer and could make my own ice!!
The lounge was a lovely airy space with red seating, arabic style,along with a table and chairs. The bathroom was a little worn, but had a powerful shower in the bath and great lighting to do my make up! There could have been more towels and they were small the housekeeping were more than happy to bring me more.

The bedroom had HUGE wardrobe space and full length mirrors with a bed that was the biggest I have had in a hotel! There was an aircon unit on the wall in the bedroom, and one in the lounge area. I love my aircon andwas worried about the un-modern units but they were very adequate.

The room service was excellent with NO TRAY CHARGE!
Other hotels take note!
The kitchen were always happy to make variations to the menu which is also rare these days. The set lunch buffet was great value and delicious. I love the small restaurant with the traditional Arabic seating at the rear. The Restaurant Manager and it's staff were all efficient and polite.

The pool is on the top floor and an out door one!! I loved it. It was very small and the surrounding area was a little tired and in need of new poolside furniture but it was very private and the cafe had a nice range of drinks/snacks.

All in all, I loved my stay here and will definately return.
I have recommended it to family and friends too, which I dont often do.

Room Tip: View te suite first, when you arrive