“acceptible for an overnight stopover in doha”
Review of Al Liwan Suites

Al Liwan Suites
Ranked #64 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed 13 April 2012

the hotel was assigned to us during our stopover in doha.the service began with the free shuttle bus from the airport.the car was good.lunch,dinner and a snack pack(with a sandwich,water,and an apple)as we left,were also included.we had buffet for lunch and dinner(it was a bit poor)the rooms are suites in a typical arabic style and i was disappointed with smoking lobby.the location is a very bad and not what most tourists would probably choose,i recommend this hotel which is not very far from the airport.there is not easy to get a taxi to go to the city center and there is nothing in the area.we were waiting about 25 minutes for taxi at 5 pm!!!.in front of hotel and the staff couldent get taxi for us!!!sooner!!!departed the airport at 9.30 pm and taken by hotel staff was very comfortable.but i will avoid this hotel next time i travel thru doha.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank hamidrezamonshizadeh

Reviewed 5 April 2012

On my way back from Tanzania I had to wait 9 hours in Doha before the departure of my plane home. Qatar Airways offers to all a stopover in Doha if you have to wait more than 8 hours. This includes hotel , cargo from airport to the hotel and back, and visum. Everything was ready at the Doha Airport when I arrived late at night. I spent the night in Al Liwan Suites. When we arrived at midnight, dinner was ready for us. The room was excellent with livingroom, kitchen, bedroom, lovely bathroom and aircondition. I slept very well in the nice beds. I ordered wake up call from the reception at 04.45 and then I had a lovely breakfast. The hotel had also made a luchbag to take with me to the airport. I strongly recommend this hotel which is not very far from the Airport. All the staff I met during my very short stay was very warm and helpful. I was a bit sad that my stay was so short.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sølvi L
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We had a small group that had to stay overnight with Qatar air.
The hotel greeted us with friendliness, the staff went "above and beyond" to make sure we had a wonderful stay and even prepared special dishes at the buffet to make sure we enjoyed the finest in "traditional' cuisine.
I would not stay anywhere else when in Doha for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Pastorgarry
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I've been there for 10 hours and qatar airways booked the hotel for us. It has very big room and nice bath and traditional architecture. but I think the best thing in this hotel is very polite and nice staff that were ready for everything immediately. In that time when i was there the dinner is not completely cooked but it was delicious. Hotel rooms are fully equipped with cooking facilities and microwave. Internet is not free and about 9 qatar rial per day(I think)

Room Tip: I think some rooms don't have a view to outside and you have to ask at reception first
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2012

After almost 10 year of trips in Doha I have finally found out a genuine Arab atmosphere at Al Liwan.
Thanks to the pro staff and GM, Al Liwan hotel is a charming stay, with fantastic rooms (huge and well cleaned). Everything you ask to the staff, seems to please them.
Breakfast is served from 4.30 a.m, allowing all guest have their coffee before moving to the airport which is 5 min from there, and is comprehensive of juices, croissant, cupcakes etc.

I have no doubt about where to stay next time!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I was booked in this hotel by Qatar Airways, as part of their STPC package.
Arrived at around 23.00 and proper buffet dinner was still available.

Check-in staff very fast and helpful.

Room was quite big - a proper suite, fully equipped with smaller lounge area with flatscreen and dvd player, full refrigerator, microwave, cooking plates, washing machines. I guess it would be useful for a self-catering trip.

The room was nice, but the detergents used for washing the linen left my skin itching mildly.

The amenities in the bathroom are medium grade products, with very nice scents.

I had stayed in August 2011, and the staff seemed to be from India/Pakistan/Bangladesh.
Now, to my surprise, all the staff i saw and talked to seemed to be Filipino.
Would this suggest that a full staff rotation occurred in half a year?

The staff was very polite, courteous and professional.

There is paid wifi, but since I was staying inside the hotel for less than six hours my main goal was to sleep a bit.

In short, if one needs to book this place won't be disappointed.

The only downside - the image of the building in Tripadvisor does not truly resemble the actual building.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Qatar Airways booked us in this hotel for one night. We enjoyed the hotel decor, food and hotel staff hospitality. The rooms are large suites with a new flat screen tv, clean bath with strong shower pressure and a huge king bed with very good mattress. The hotel is very basic in many ways, but it was a real pleasure to stay there as a airline transit hotel. Easy to get a taxi to go to the city center, but not anything in the area for a visitor. This is a very good basic airport area hotel. It would be a five star airport hotel when compared to the caliber of western airport hotels that airlines use to book stranded passengers.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple