“Afternoon tea ”

Cafe Murano
Ranked #30 of 49 Coffee & Tea in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

It was my second time in the hotel, first time me and my husband tried al sufra restaurant , and second time we decide to come for afternoon tea.
The seats are beautifully faced sea view. Afternoon tea package is delicious, mini sandwiches and mini sweets making the experience of the food amazing.
Staff is friendly and polite .
Definitely we will return the hotel again.

Date of visit: December 2017
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Cafe Murano, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear EvaAloha,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following your dining experience with us at Marsa Malaz Kempinski.

I am very pleased that following your dining experience at Al Sufra, you decided to return and try a different outlet, Cafe Murano.

Your complimentary remarks regarding the culinary experience, our services and specifically your comments about the welcoming as well as the overall ambiance of the outlet, are indeed heartwarming to read. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with my colleagues, as they will no doubt be delighted to know that their efforts are so well appreciated. My colleagues take great pride in providing exceptional service and it is always rewarding to be able to share praises from our guests. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence in the future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in Cafe Murano and other outlets at Marsa Malaz Kempinski in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

Had hi tea at cafe Murano , good staff and service . Good place to spend some time at the evening tea break . Must visit if you are in Doha or staying at Marsa Malaz hotel .

Date of visit: April 2018
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Cafe Murano, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor following following your dining experience with us at Marsa Malaz Kempinski.

We are delighted to read your great review post your business meeting at Cafe Murano. It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience with us. Your review gave us great joy and we thank you for making the choice of dining with us.

Thank you for highlighting your review with the comments on the great service you have received from our colleagues, as well as your delight with the high tea.

We have communicated your feedback to the entire team and they are all very happy to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next dining experience in the next coming months. We are looking forward to welcoming you back at Marsa Malaz Kempinski.

Reviewed March 24, 2018

As regular takers of afternoon tea, we thought we would give the much-hyped Golden Afternoon Tea at Cafe Murano a try. On arrival, the cafe was empty and I was directed to a table at the window with a beautiful view. I sat for 10 minutes with no-one coming near me to offer anything to drink. When my friend arrived we ordered the Golden Afternoon Tea with a latte, a cappuccino and water. I asked for soya milk in my cappuccino but was told that they did not have soya milk. What?
A five star hotel and you don't have soya milk??? The water did not arrive. When the afternoon tea arrived we were again offered water. Which we had already ordered but not received. As you will see from the photo, there was nothing 'golden' about the afternoon tea. The image presented on the website shows cakes glittering with gold leaf and a cappuccino topped with gold leaf too. None of this was present.
The afternoon tea is meant for two however the sandwiches, hors d'oeuvres and cakes are so small that it is impossible to cut them to allow each person to sample everything. The scones were hard, dry and really disgusting, the sandwiches and hors d'oeuvres were tasteless, the choux pastry was hard and the clotted cream was stiff. When I commented on the lack of 'gold' in the Golden Afternoon Tea my cappuccino was taken away and returned with what looked like demerara sugar sprinkled over it. There was also only one drink per person and these were served in small tea cups so that you were then left to eat the dry sandwiches and cakes without an accompanying tea or coffee unless you wanted to pay to order another. In addition, the music from the pool / beach area was loud and very annoying. In one ear, we had the soothing music of the cafe and the other the booming music from the pool. Hardly a relaxing ambience for afternoon tea. When I commented on it, the waitress smiled...??? The service was appalling. Despite there being 3 staff on duty and only 4 tables occupied we had to search for someone to attend to us. The staff seemed to spend their time in the kitchen rather than attending to their customers. This is the worst afternoon tea I have had in Doha - really bad - and I will not be recommending it to anyone.

Date of visit: March 2018
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Cafe Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Dear Jackie B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We value all guest feedback as an opportunity to continue to improve our services and products for our guests.

I have noted your feedback regarding the service and food, and I have also noted your comment regarding the music. Rest assured that we will look into this comment and look for possible solutions in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to Marsa Malaz Kempinski.

Reviewed March 10, 2018

I travel a lot and have been to a lot of restaurants and cafe's, but hands down to the Cafe Murano at Marsa Malaz Kempisnki is the best in the business. I even tried their best seller desserts and that was spectacular. I also had a chance to talk to their Pastry Chef, and I was surprise that all of the pastries and desserts in murano are all made from hotel. Great staff! I had an amazing experience in Cafe Murano. Lovely view with a cup of coffee.

Date of visit: February 2018
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Cafe Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Dear Thar S,

I am ecstatic that you enjoyed the breakfast, pastries and overall experience at Café Murano. We were fortunate enough to have the time to not just produce a coffee, but to create an experience that is tantalizing to both the eyes and the taste buds.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review for Café Murano. Guests’ feedback is always appreciated and we accept your praise humbly.

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We visited Murano a Friday morning to enjoy our coffee. There were no other customers at that time. We ordered our coffees and a great “looking” sweet although it was expensive. When i tasted the sweet it was staggering!!! So i informed the waitress who willingly offered a replacement. I did not pick another but asked her to bring me one that was fresh. A 5 star hotel should be more careful on serving ONLY freshly made food.

Date of visit: October 2017
KempinskiDoha, General Manager at Cafe Murano, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2018

Dear lidi A,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing experience you had while visiting us.

These are certainly not the expectations we want our guests to have and I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your opinion in the near future.

With kind regards,