The National Museum of Damascus
Review Highlights
Very nice garden and museum

I enjoyed the walk in the garden and loved the museum. If you're a history lover then it's a must... read more

Reviewed June 22, 2016
zMoondanceR
via mobile
See the "Cradle of Civilization".

Reviewed March 28, 2013
Aziz I
Dhaka Division, Bangladesh

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed May 22, 2016

I visited in summer 2010 and was very impressed with the collection in this museum. They really highlighted the different eras of history in Syria. It was very nice to see.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed March 30, 2016

We travelled to Damscus during Christmas 2009. The National museum was definitely one of the highlights of the trip . Staff were extremely helpful especially one particular security personnel who showed us an unexhibited mosaic of Alexander the Great . There were a few un catalogued Roman statues in the garden. It's a pity tourism has come to a halt.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed January 4, 2015

When I visited it in 2000, it was very interesting to discover so ancient pieces which remain parts of the human history. Syria was known as a country where people from different cultures and religions were used to leave together in peace. Hope this will be again the case in future.

Date of experience: February 2014
3  Thank 270GianlucaP
Reviewed November 25, 2014

Excellent museum with world class collection of sculpture and artifacts, the building is impressive as well specially the façade which was the gateway to Qasr al-Heer al-Gharbi

Date of experience: April 2014
2  Thank WassimSyr
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I visited Syria in 2012 from 10 May - 22 August '12. Yes, indeed it was a very long visit. Yhe museum is located between Damarose and Four seasons hotel at Shoukry al-Qouwatly St, Damascus, Syria. Here you can sense the dawn of civilization....how it started. If my memory does not betray me, then you will be able to see old relics as old as 5000-10000 years and more beyond. the museum is not arranged in a very flambouyant style, but you can really see "history itself", much oldier than the Egyptian one. I liked lot of things there and also those were at times "eye openers" for me. I hope the authority will rearrange and decorate it more nicely once the fighting is over. The people of Syria are so friendly that you will like to stay there few more days. I loved them. I always pray to the Almighty that they are free from the curse of war. Thanks to all of you who read this review. (I hope to post some photos later)

Date of experience: July 2012