4,794 results
All reviews marina mall horizon restaurant no alcohol dry hotel private beach etihad towers pool area room service sea view excellent hotel nice pool breakfast and dinner excellent stay hotel in abu dhabi special thanks balcony facilities
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Could be closer to attraction parks, but it is only location. Easy to get a taxi, easy find for other taxi drivers by return. Generaly, I'm satisfied with serviss. I'ts my first trio to U.A.E. and it was great!

Date of stay: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We feel honored that you chose us to stay with us during your trip to Abu Dhabi and thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback on this platform.

We are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our service and you enjoyed your 1st visit in the UAE.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, assuring you of our personalized service and best attention at all times.

Reviewed April 4, 2018

I hated my trip for many things I mentioned before for : I didn't recieve my 352.75 Dirhmas back - I was treated differently because I was an Arab - I wasn't welcomed in the hotel - The check in took an extra one hour to be ready

Date of stay: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear TripAdvisor member,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback on this platform.

We are disappointed to learn that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay and we would appreciate if you could send us more details of your reservation via e-mail in order for us to investigate on your comments.

We look forward to hearing back from you as your feedback is very important to us and helps us to further improve our service and standards.

Reviewed April 2, 2018

I often stay in hotels across the middle east. I must say this is among the best. The aspect that makes it truly great is the friendliness of the staff and there willingness to listen, they are not people who just nod there heads and ignore the question, they actually accommodate the requirements of the customer. The facilities are great, I like the gym and I would highly recommend this to any family.

Date of stay: March 2018
Review collected in partnership with Rotana Hotels
KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We would like to thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Here at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana, we take great pleasure in not just providing exemplary facilities but as well as ensuring that our service comes from the heart. It’s great to know that you appreciated our efforts and we were able to provide you a memorable experience. Your compliments have been passed on to the team.

Thank you once again for your 5-star rating and more importantly, for choosing Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana for your stay in Abu Dhabi. We look forward to welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

We have spent 1 week over Easter in the Rotana hoping to relax and looking for some piece and quiet, which we didnt find. We chose the Rotana because of the fairly big private beach, location and what seemed good value for money.

The hotel is fairly big like most UAE hotels and seemed at capacity during our stay. Guests seemed mostly German and Russian.

The way the hotel is designed does not allow for too much privacy, eg the breakfast restaurant and pool/ beach area are densely furnished.

The full capacity meant queuing in the morning for a breakfast table and busy, noisy buffet breakfast. At times there were no glasses or plates available and dishes out. Staff was clearly overwhelmed. Selection at breakfast was ok incl freshly squeezed orange juice at times. Lots of warm options including Arabian dishes.
It felt far from a Western 5 Star hotel breakfast standard.

What I disliked the most was the poorly managed pool area. We once actually came down before 9am and about 80% of deckchairs were "reserved" with towels and books but only about 10-20% were actually occupied by people. Nobody from the hotel staff is managed bad guest behavior actively, resulting in a lot of chairs beeing empty but reserved throughout the full day. I find this unacceptable for a 5 Star hotel.

On request the staff cleared deckchairs that had been vacated for more than 30 mins but didnt communicate it to the former "owners". This led to unfortunate situations where we had to explain ourselves to angry other guests that had left their chairs unattended and had been cleared. We have witnessed other guests in similiar situations during the week.

This alone is a reason for me to never return to this hotel and not recommend it. The quest for a shaded and fairly quiet deckchair was a daily dose of frustration and anger to me. I would have loved to move hotels after 2 days, just because of this, but we had unfortunately pre-paid.

The beach itself itself is nice. The water is great to swim. However the view is obstruced by various construction sites just across and there is noise from them.

The hotel claims to be family friendly which is fine, however it does not do a good job at separating families and adult couples. Neither at breakfast nor at the pool, therefore there is kids noises everywhere and no way to be in an adults only area.

Our room was on the 9th floor facing the palaces. Decor is fairly classical, room size was generous. Due to the architecture of the hotel sound travels up, so once breakfast service starts you can hear the sound in the room.

The restaurant options are somewhat limited, we had dinner at the Arabian place twice where we enjoyed the food and the vast selection of non alcoholic mocktails. The hotel does not serve alcoholic beverages which I actually like. We tried room service once but were underwhelmed by the pizza , pasta was ok.

I had 2 massages and enjoyed the treatment as well as the facilities. My husband used the gym daily and also enjoyed it.

Staff was friendly but seemed very under- staffed, especially at breakfast this was apparant: eg to order beverages, at the pool area as well as at the restaurants as it took some time for staff to show up and serve the orders.

The day we checked in was actually my birthday, nobody took notice.

All in all absolutely not a 5 Star hotel nor experience. I would not recommed this hotel to anyone unless maybe for families with small children who actively seek company of other families.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for staying at the Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana and we appreciate your valuable feedback.

As we are committed to deliver exceptional service every time, we are in daily process of improving our standards and our guests’ expectations. Therefore, we regret to read that you were not fully satisfied with your stay with us and we were not able to make your birthday a memorable experience. Rest assured that we have highlighted your feedback to the team and ensure that any special occasions are given extra attention and spotted upon check in.

With regard to the busy restaurant and The Beach Club operation, we would like to ask for your understanding in this regard as we were running high occupancy during this period. Please note that the Easter Holidays is one the busiest period of the hotel with number of guests and families staying with us. Nevertheless, your comments have been taken into consideration and we will surely do our best to improve our guests’ experience.

Moreover, allow us to highlight that we are not allowing sun loungers’ reservation at The Beach Club and we have implemented a policy that sun loungers are being cleared if not occupied for 30 minutes. We have a signage in The Beach Club in different languages to notify our guests about this, however it is challenging to monitor this at times especially when the hotel is in full occupancy. Rest assured that we have highlighted this to the team to ensure that the procedure is well implemented and followed.

On a positive note, we are glad that you liked our spa and gym facilities, your dining experience at Kamoon, and the friendliness of our colleagues.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention and despite the above, we hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana as we really look forward to make it right for you. Please do not hesitate to contact me anytime if I could be of further assistance.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel, good price and grat value for what you are paying.
Clean, large rooms, good views, good food, frindly staff. Maybe restaurants, pool area and beach are a bit “loud”, since there are lots of families with kids in the hotel, so if you are looking for a calm, quiet time by the pool, choose another hotel down the road - maybe more business one.
Pool area can be crowded and not easy to find an empty sunchair, but the staff will help sou and organize it for you. A bit more quiet on the beach, but limited number of chairs in the shade.
Room service food was very good, also not long to wait for it.
Locations is great if you want to be near Emirates Palace hotel, Presidential palace, Emirates towers and Marina mall.
All walking distance, presidential palace is nicely visible from hotel if room is facing west.
Recommend the hotel for families with kids.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for staying at Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana and posting your review on this platform.

It delights us to read that you were very satisfied with your stay with us and thank you for your positive comments about our service and facilities.

With regard to your comment about the busy restaurant and The Beach Club operation, we would like to ask for your understanding in this regard as we are running high occupancy during this period.

Once again, thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel, assuring you of our personalized service and best attention at all times.