New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Aloft Abu Dhabi

Aloft Abu Dhabi
Ranked #44 of 129 Hotels in Abu Dhabi
Walnut Creek
“Contemporary Hotel Connected to the Convention Center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The hotel is connected to the Convention Center. A big convenience if you are attending. The decor is very trendy, strong colors, and large bean bags dispersed throughout the lobby. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and everyone spoke very good English. The rooms look like they are all the same (19’x 19’=360sf). My room was very clean with a good size closet, hair dryer, iron, safe big enough for a laptop and free, strong wireless internet. There was a nice 42” flat screen TV in the room with a surprising number of channels in English. The room AC was very strong, actually too strong for the “cooler” winter days. It reset to 67 deg every time I left the room and I had to turn it off when I returned. The breakfast buffet is large, with plenty of good choices. The bathroom was half in the room, and was very clean. The towels were very large and soft. The taxi to the airport is about 40 AED depending on traffic. We had a meeting at the new Hyatt (opened 12/23/11) on the other side of the convention center. The Hyatt is much nicer and you should compare prices as it is a significant upgrade. I would have no issue staying at the Aloft again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Kevin_WalnutCreek
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Hello Kevin_WalnutCreek, very complete and nice description of our hotel, thanks a lot for your time! Besides reading that you enjoyed the rooms its amenities and trendy design and our buffet breakfast, it is great you point out the impeccable cleanliness of the hotel, the friendliness and will to assist which we are proud that our staff possesses.
Regarding our neighbor hotel, it is indeed a 5 star property with price ranges very far from ours.
The whole Aloft Abu Dhabi team hopes you will chose our hotel again for your next visit to Abu Dhabi, let me know when you are back! Best wishes, Rainer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

I booked a night at the Aloft Abu Dhabi, and when booking I noticed the Aloft in Abu Dhabi was priced quite competitvely when compared to Alofts in the US, so it is a welcome change from the trend of hotels here (from HI Expresses to Marriotts ) overcharging.

The hotel is brand new and kept very clean so the most important part got done right (very right I should say).
The location is ideal if you have anything at ADNEC, the leaning Hyatt will obviously be the first choice in this area, but they were priced 3 times as the Aloft.
The room was nice, the beds were probably the best i had slept in over the last 2 years, and the washrooms were good enough. There was free wifi which is always welcome and the staff helped me when i faced some issues.
The view was awful but thats ok as I had chosen the lowest room type.

The staff are a mix ; the reception was quite friendly but the valets werent. On returning to the hotel at night, they were not willing to help me , and when i requested them to, i was asked 'where are you going". Of course it was my fault , as i was expected to go to them and tell them each and every time that i was staying there when for many other guests, they were ready to rush to help.
If the valets improve their service, the Aloft will be a very good choice at the price I had paid

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Good Day Rover82. Thanks for the time in posting your review. It is really great to read that you had in general an excellent stay, that our reception was friendly and brilliant to learn that our beds were the best you have slept in for the last two years. That´s about the time we are now open so indeed we brought a new kind of vigorous comfy bed to the market which is very much adored by our guests. Sorry to hear that the valet service did not perform up to expectations. We recognize there was an issue in that area and have taken immediate action by asking the valet service company for some major changes there. I understand from your review that this is the reason why you haven't scored us in full. As it is now tackled I can assure you that you will be stunned completely with our product and service next time you visit us. Please do let me know when you are back, would be great to welcome you and share some more insights and why not a toast up at our roof top terrace with our splendid views of the capital. See you soon and best wishes! Rainer
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

The rooms are pleasantly spacious and so are the wash room spaces and wardrobe. The breakfast buffet is awesome, it has oriental, Asian, continental, great variety of fruit and bread.Whats unique is the free wi-fi , in addition to internet terminals for browsing at the lobby. I liked the bar on the terrace- great view !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank arun v
Hey akvalluri! Quick but great review and we are obviously flattered to have a senior TripAdvisor reviewer post such positive and magnificent comments. Glad you enjoyed our free wi-fi and technology + our breakfast. Please give me a buzz on your next visit to Aloft Abu Dhabi, I will be delighted to welcome you back, Best wishes! Rainer
Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2012

I chose Aloft instead of a hotel down in the Tourist Club Area because I was going to the Abu Dhabi Golf the following day.
Dead easy to find from the Airport or Dubai because there’s a thousand signs for the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) and they are side by side. I got there about 2pm and used the free valet parking before I went into the big glass atrium. You have to work out that you take the lift up to the next floor to the reception.
Check in was no problem, room 717, facing east and overlooking the 5th floor pool and bar. A very nice compact room; certainly smaller (and cheaper) than those at Le Royal Meridien and the Sheraton; but not a problem when there’s only one staying there.
A long, three part bathroom; first the wash basin area, then a sliding mirrored door to the loo, then a further step in shower room with opaque door . Great shower when I used it the next morning. Wall mounted body wash and shampoo holders completed the room.
Back in the main bedroom, wide but not very deep space. Twin windows, great comfy 6 foot bed, latest wall mounted flat screen TV with 50+ channels of rubbish. Good room lighting. A simple built in desk and free wifi!
I took the camera straight upstairs to the twelfth floor bar and I had it to myself because they don’t start serving until 5pm. Looking north towards the Corniche, you could just about make out the city centre towers in the distance. Looking south you could see the Grand Mosque in the middle distance. You are in No man’s land, the only problem with the hotel.
Photography over, I went down to the fifth floor bar on the terrace next to the pool and spent a very pleasant hour in the sun
I went back to the 12th floor to watch the sun set over the residential villas on the island to the west. It was very nice to watch the lights coming on in the high rise buildings surrounding the hotel.
Morning came and I enjoyed a nice breakfast in the lobby level café. Again, it is a very “modern” industrial design with exposed ducting and huge windows; fine for breakfast. Wonderful strong latte from a fancy machine, good orange juice, and a strawberry smoothie followed by excellent scrambled eggs on toast made by the “egg chef” and then a yogurt and a mini Danish pastry washed down by a second coffee.
Check out no problem ; remember to get the valet parking ticket stamped!
Was there anything wrong? Not really, pleasant staff, value for money room, gym looked good, pool and bar areas first class.
Would I use it for a romantic weekend; definitely.
Would I use it for business; definitely
Will I use it again instead of the more central hotels for my single leisure trips to the city? Probably not; location, location, location; it’s hard to pop out for a beer elsewhere!

Room Tip: Odd numbers face the pool
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank FWTraveller
RayWei, Director of Operations at Aloft Abu Dhabi, responded to this review, 12 February 2012
WOW FWTraveller! Large and brilliant review. Thank you very much for taking the time to make a full in detail description of your great stay with us. We really appreciate that a Senior Reviewer like you illustrates the nice experience at Aloft Abu Dhabi. It's obviously very rewarding to read that you enjoyed all areas of your stay and that you will chose our hotel again.
Please allow me to add some comments to two of your points : The size of our rooms and our location. I can assure you (facts only) that the size of our rooms is (quite) bigger than the two sister hotels you mention. Regarding our location just need to clarify that a drive to Mushrif Mall (new and one of the biggest malls in the capital) or Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque is not more than 5 minutes in time. Driving to Ferrari World in Yas Island or to Al Forsan (multi activities resorts for children and adults) or the Abu Dhabi Golf Club is just 15 minutes away. As a matter of fact there is plenty to do in the area when having some time out of the Exhibition Centre business. Abu Dhabi now is growing towards this area offering a range of gastronomical and entertainment options. Let's all hope that on your next trip to Abu Dhabi we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back. Please do let me know so that I can take time to treat you with some great cocktails or oriental tapas at our Relax@12 lounge bar.
Thanks again, best wishes! Rainer
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

It's clean, modern and close to the exhibition center but that's where the positives end. I arrived with three heavy bags and shirts on a hanger and had to ask several times before somebody helped me out. The staff was just standing around, watching me struggle and when I asked the third time 'Would somebody please help me?' the reply was an unenthusiastic 'Why not?'. When I ordered dinner to my room it arrived in plastic containers and with plastic cutlery. Funny, as most of the guests were attending the World Future Energy Summit which is about conservation and green initiatives. Overall my room felt cold and uninviting, perhaps too minimalistic in design.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jaiwana
Dear Jaiwana, thanks for your feedback through this review. The team and I were disappointed to learn that we failed to provide you with our usual high level of service for which we are usually known for all over, including this site as almost all reviews here show. We have addressed the arrival assistance with the concerned staff to ensure everyone adheres consistently to our hotel's standard procedures. My sincere apologies for this stumble which, from what I can read, was the main reason for the perception you had from us. I regret also that our design was not fully of your taste. Aloft Abu Dhabi is also committed to a healthier planet as per our company’s environmental policies and the cutlery used for our re:fuel in room delivery and take-away service, is indeed made of recycled plastic. This obviously is separated and sent once again for further recycling after use. We all hope that despite your last stay we will have the chance to welcome you back and it will be a pleasure to regain your trust in us. Please feel free to contact me as I will be delighted to make all necessary arrangements for your future stays or assist you with any further feedback you might have. Aloft Abu Dhabi sincerely looks forward to welcoming you soon. Best wishes! Rainer
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed for three nights over Xmas 2011 in a Breezy Suite (room 838). Strong points of Aloft Abu Dhabi include the design (very similar to other Alofts), friendly and competent service, and good value for money. The pool is beautiful with trees in it, but too small for proper swimming. Food quality in the Dine restaurant was impressive.

If you expect a Breezy Suite to be two separate rooms, then you may be disappointed, as it is just one big room split into the bedroom/living area and the entrance/bathroom area. Though the room description does make the above clear, the name may be slightly misleading. The "panoramic view" is of a construction yard next to the conference center.

All in all, a good experience, and I would come again.

Room Tip: The "suites" are probably not worth the extra money.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting this nice review Kanaman. We are all delighted here that you enjoyed your xmas with us and that the design, staff friendliness/efficiency and very important also the value for money was up to your high expectations. Last but not least, it's just great to read that our gastronomical offer impressed you as well.
With regards to the suite, indeed as you just explain it is a all in one 52sqm suite with a lounge sitting corner to one side as explained in the description through the different booking channels. The "suite" denomination also refers to an oversized type of room which is actually our case as the only Aloft now a days, that offers 33 units at this larger size.
Thank you again for your comments, the last one being :"I would come again" so we definitely hope this is the case and look forward to welcoming back soon. Best wishes! Rainer
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed at the Aloft Abu Dhabi for one night - reservation was easy, check-in super efficient. Thank you Michelle for the nice compliment!
Especially the prompt answer for a special question was highly appreciated.
The rooms are nice - nothing too fancy or too special, just what you expect from a stylish 4-star hotel. The only thing that did not fit was the wastepaper bin - please change them.
When we discovered that a socket did not work, we called engineering and the associate fixed it within minutes - great! Wifi-Internet is free of charge all over the hotel!
The concept of the minibar is really nice: In the rooms are empty fridges that can be stocked up from the bar and kiosk. Very convenient and the prices are far more reasonable that for the usual minibar!
The rooftop bar Relax@12 is great of course!
Check out was just as easy as check in, so it was overall a really good experience! Will be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank katarina22
Hi Katarina22,thanks for the great review. We are just delighted to read that you had a superb experience with a dynamic, efficient and friendly service. Sorry about the faulty socket and really glad it was fixed at once. Further to the wastepaper bin, I am happy to tell that moving forward with our company's environmental policies, we will be changing all in room bins to ecological ones this year. It really rewarding for us to learn from your review that you enjoyed our concepts of free wi-fi, (at your choice) stockable minibar/fridge and of course one of the highlights of Aloft Abu Dhabi: Relax@12 roof top lounge bar! You write you will be back, here we are waiting to welcome you soon again, best wishes! Rainer