“Good drink and atmosphere”

Captain's Arms English Pub
Ranked #241 of 2,281 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: One of the city's favourite traditional English pubs, Captain's Arms serves the most relished beverages and conventional English food to go along. You may enjoy indoor seating or the terrace overlooking the verdant Centre Garden.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Being residents on the hotel we ventured to the bar every night fir a few drinks and it was excellent. The happy hour on a Sunday and Monday is excellent value. The service is brilliant and you can sit outside and listen to the live music. A really enjoyable pub.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

We've been here for dinner with friends. The location is very nice, behind Le Meridien hotel there is one area with plenty of restaurants with terrace, The atmosphere is great, music is good, I understood that there is also live band.
I ordered collen's burger, which was average, meat was ok, and the other ingredients but the bread was dry, especially the part from the top was really dry. I had also fries which were ok. My husband had steak, but only after 20 min of struggling with the waiter, because he was really not knowing what is in the menu, nothing to recommend, as my husband said that he wants grill. The waiter told him that they are not making grills. But eventually he recall that they have steak. We had also wine and beer, beer was at a good price.
The problem with the staff was that, after ordering, you could barely see the waiters around to order more or request for the bill.

So this episode made me think that the staff is really unprofessional, and because of this I gave 3, and I don't think that we will go again, regardless the other nice things about this restaurant.

Yves T, Manager at Captain's Arms English Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2018

Dear Luana,

Thank you for taking time to rate Captain’s Arms on TripAdvisor.

On one hand, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the overall ambience of The Village at Le Meridien Abu Dhabi, as it is one of the most exciting spots in the city where one can indulge in different cuisines, such as Italian, Greek, English or American, while listening to great live music in a unique and casual surrounding.

On the other hand, I am of course well disappointed that the food and service did not make a positive impression on you. Captain’s Arms has a great number of regular guests who always praise the hearty dishes and friendly service we offer. Please accept my sincere apologies if we failed to live up to our usual high standards during your most recent visit. I have already reviewed your feedback with the chefs and the service crew. The important points you raised have been acknowledged and we will immediately put a plan in place to make the necessary improvements to prevent similar instances from recurring in future.

To conclude, I would like to invite you for a friendly discussion and will try my best to address all your concerns. We highly appreciate every guest of ours and it is my duty to follow through on the issues and make sure they are resolved. I can be reached at Franciscojose.Pinto@lemeridien.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm Regards,
FRANCISCO PINTO
F&B Operations Manager

Reviewed March 12, 2018

Nice English pub. You can watch sports during the afternoon hours and in the evenings there are nice parties with live bands. Nice food. Affordable prices.

Reviewed March 8, 2018 via mobile

Im Regular Guest who used to come to captain arms since 2006. But recently the quality of service has dropped a lot , today i visited the bar to have some beers . I sit inside and i was ignored by all staff who were focusing only with outside guests . I had to go to the bar counter to ask for a beer. The guy was so unfriendly and he didnt even said thank you . Thats so unprofessional. Not only that when i was asking someone to serve me the second one . I was calling them excuse me but they totally ignored me , after a while two guys came to the table next to me and they were served immediately. When i called the waiter whos serving them .he shouted at me( please wait i already ordered your beer) , i asked his name ( anil) he was so rude , and this is unacceptable behavor

Yves T, General Manager at Captain's Arms English Pub, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Dear Nouamanee21,

Thank you for your feedback with recent visit.

I was very sorry to note your comments regarding the level of service you received during your stay and I want to apologize that our staff let you down on this occasion.

Whilst I can assure you that any neglect experienced in this instance would have been as a result of thoughtlessness rather than intent, please be assured, the issues raised have been addressed and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

As a frequent visitor to our properties, I do sincerely hope you can acknowledge that normally our service is exceptional and the difficulties you experienced on this occasion are not a fair reflection of our usual high standard of customer care.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at Franciscojose.Pinto@lemeridien.com,should you have any additional comments.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again on your next visit.

Yours sincerely

FRANCISCO PINTO
Food and Beverage Operations Manager

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Been coming here for the best part of 20 years. Always consistent. Great pub, relaxed atmosphere and crowd. Enjoying the beer of the week promotion too.