“One of the best courses I have played”

Yas Links Abu Dhabi
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The first Links golf course in the Middle East region. The first designed by Kyle Phillips, one of the world’s leading golf course designers. The first opportunity to experience the unique traditions of the game. An eighteen-hole course, a nine-hole academy course, clubhouse, golf academy and floodlit practice facilities, set against dramatic views of the Arabian Gulf—the course combines unparalleled visual glory with the thrill of golf’s ultimate test.
Reviewed April 9, 2017

Wow, what a special course this is. This is a true links, great venue, great design in top condition. The service from all members of staff is also top notch.
If there was space for grandstands etc I think this would host the European tour event but there isn't, such a shame as this is a superb venue. If you are playing golf in the area then you have to play here.

1  Thank Dave1104
"pace"
in 5 reviews
"design"

Reviewed April 3, 2017

The course is beautiful and very challenging. We played at the twilight rate and finished in 3h 20m and we aren't that good. the food in the clubhouse was delicious and everybody was very nice. We rented a car and drove from Dubai which was a very easy drive. Highly recommended

1  Thank smileguy313
Reviewed April 2, 2017

We could see much of this attractive links course from our hotel balcony so it seemed reasonable to pop into the club house for a late afternoon lager.

1  Thank Swedishtomcat
Reviewed March 24, 2017

I and my wife played here twice in March, were both reasonable golfers and really enjoy playing here, we were not disappointed with Yas - expensive but worth it, I have to say Kyle Phillips design did a great job here. We've played Kingsbarns before (loved that course too) and many other links courses in Scotland and Ireland this is better than many.

The last 3 holes (16-18) are some of the best finishing holes I've played. On the 1st day we played we had to play these hols into a 20+ mph wind which made club selection tricky! The 18th a mere 589 yard (from the 66 tee's) was my best drive, followed by my best 3 wood, followed by a good 3 iron to the green - wow! The 2nd day on the same hole a good drive, 2 iron and then a small pitch.

Were members of Carnoustie so were used to links and really enjoyed our game here - only down side for me was I was beaten - my wife..... she scored 3 over (gross) on our 2nd round!

1  Thank Glenearn
See more reviews
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

We were paired up with a member & another guest to make up the 4 ball.
Lucky we had s member as the links set up makes it quite difficult to work out which way you need to go but we had a fantastic round with great company
Course was in fantastic condition not the cheapest but worth every penny & will defo return to play again
I think your pro shop staff could be a little more engaging as we would have made more purchases if they had but it was all about the golf and that cant be faulted
Very challenging holes so not for the feint hearted
Thank you yas links for the experience

1  Thank Mark P